I'm looking to increase traffic to my site - any ideas?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by broke no more, Nov 28, 2008.

1. brandon123

brandon123 New Member

Dan_dare: 1) Article submission
    2) URL submission
    3) Social Bookmarking
    4) Classified ads posting
    5) Press Release
    6) Affiliation
    7) Forum posting
    8) Blog commenting
    9) Social network marketing on the site, myspace and face book
    10) many more...

This is a great list. I would definitely start out with these things. They are more geared towards SEO (search engine optimization) which takes some time. But if you want instant traffic I would invest in PPC (pay per click) advertising.

Brandon
  2. an organized backlink campaign and keyword laden article submissions will get you higher on the search engines
  3. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

getagrip: Submit some articles to ezines and advertise on usfreeads.com

i wrote an article for ezines, but they didnt accept it.
    I guess they dont like my style. But I can fix it though.

BigCash247: Video marketing gets us a ton of traffic...
    Geee, but i've got about 22 videos floating about the web, and it hasn't got me alot of traffic,
    i guess i should focus on only the top video sites. I only have 2 on youtube,
    so i guess i should make more there, eh? [​IMG]
  4. sjames23

sjames23 New Member

PPC and Solo Ezine ads are great ways to get a TON of traffic. I mean flowing every single day.

For PPC try www.AdBrite.com CPC is a lot lower than Google and you don't have to jump through hoops to get your ads up.

For Solo Ezine Ads I use www.DirectoryOfEzines.com Only the best of the best ezines on this list.

Hope this helps
  5. colibri

colibri New Member

You can also try Traffic Exchanges. I am sure some people do not like them but if you have a SHORT SPLASH PAGE and especially if you have something you can give away, you can use these types of programs to generate your own mailing list that you can e-mail.

It's not something for putting your web page on directly.

But we all know that the money is in the list and if you have a list you can contact people and get them back to your website over and over again - the best type of traffic. I am a little new to this but working on it and building a list pretty good so far.

I have a whole writeup of how to do this with traffic exhanges - the best and fastest FREE way I know to get traffic to a splash page or high-impact web page. You can get 10,000 website hits per month working an hour or so a day at it.

Ron
  6. bizmentor

bizmentor New Member

I have had great success with a very low cost version of voice broadcasting. You can check it out below on my signature or pm me if interested.

Essentially you can get free biz op leads from the same company that does the voice broadcasting- for under a penny- that is right- for under a penny a voice broadcast. Far and away the most cost effective thing we have used. Web 2.0 techniques are good- but they take a lot of time. I suggest a combination of both. Good luck and if anyone has any questions- please pm me.
  7. allwinners

allwinners Guest

Interesting about the voice broadcast idea. I will look into that. I am also trying to build traffic, and it is as hard as some say it is, so this thread has been a great help.
  8. Kristiansen

Kristiansen New Member

I am a business owner and specialize in promoting other people's business in print classifieds and I know they work when done consistently.

My personal experience for promoting my business online has been hit and miss. I do well with article posts online and have done okay with MySpace and StartUpSpace, but sometimes I feel like people are spamming me with their opportunities when I only want to put mine out there! [​IMG]

AdWords is expensive and isn't doing as well as it used to. I am considering dropping my budget there if not doing so altogether, but my site gets very good organic placement on the search engines and not everyone is so fortunate.

I have been in the ad business for 18 years and have a degree in Advertising. The one thing that I know for sure is consistency. Regardless of what type of promotion that you are doing, you have to do it on a regular basis. Set a budget that you are comfortable with for a month and choose an outlet for your ads that you can use regularly for the whole month without going over budget. As time goes and business builds, you should be able to increase your campaign gradually!

Building business can be very exciting and challenging. I wish you the best.
  9. mrslalas7

mrslalas7 New Member

Hello. I would recommend best 5 traffic exchanges like: i love hits, traffic splash, startxchange, advertising know how, and dragon surf. Plus do social bookmarking sites by going to www.socialposter.com, and join some list building /viral marketing sites like Listjoe and the List Auction. These all have been effective to me. Oh and don't forget to create a blog about yourself and your business and use social networking sites to promote it. HOpe this help. [​IMG]