I'm new here

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Kristy80, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Kristy80

Kristy80 New Member

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I am in an MLM buisness and looking to expand it using the net.

I have not got a website yet from them until I have more knowledge on what i am doing first! Since it is a yearly charge.

I have a good idea on how it works but feel like I am not ready yet feel like I need more information! And this forum seems to be a great place to learn more.

Any advice for me will be great! I'd take all the advice I can get!

Thanks!

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Kristy80 - do they allow you to set up a blog with your information?

I mean - you need SOME way of letting people know what you do.[​IMG]

But, hey , let us know what specifically you are looking to get more knowledge on and I am sure someone here will pop out for you...

3. Kristy80

Kristy80 New Member

Thanks for the welcome. They said to advertise on the net I just can not use their products name or their company name for keywords in search egines

I googled and see that other consultants are using their products names in the search egines. but I really don't have the money to pay for that kind of advertising.

Just really want to write a blog about health, fitness and beauty. But I am so lost with blogging. I see other peoples blogs and they look so nice and neat . I am with blogger.com and soo lost! don't know where to start.

yeah I am sure I will learn alot from poeple that are on here that know what they r doing.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Kristy80: But I am so lost with blogging. I see other peoples blogs and they look so nice and neat . I am with blogger.com and soo lost! don't know where to start.

Just remember that we were ALL there at one point! The best thing to do is just start [​IMG]- set up a blog and add a post with a picture... you can link from your blog to your company sites....

It could be that the others you see are not paying for advertising the company or products (I personally don't see why you can't use the name or products online - I mean HOW ELSE will you market for them!)

But, anyways, if you set up a blog you will want to keep each post keyword focused so lets say you are writing about 'big bad bunyons' (lol - I don't even know if I spelled that right [​IMG] - you would want to have that exact keyword phrase several times in your post...and in your title.

Make sense?

Have fun - you would probably benefit from something like the Niche Blogger to help you get started - they talk a lot about monetizing with affiliate stuff but you can use the same tactics and just link to your own sites instead of affiliate sites...

[​IMG]

5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Kristy80: I have not got a website yet... I have a good idea on how it works but feel like I am not ready yet feel like I need more information! And this forum seems to be a great place to learn more.
    Welcome to the forum, Kristy80!

I applaud your honesty and clear-mindedness in recognizing where you are at the moment in the Internet Marketing learning curve, and choosing to get more information first, before jumping in prematurely and possibly doing yourself more harm than good.

Having a solid understanding of the basic components will give you a firm platform to leap from when the time is right. It will also improve your chances of success.

There is a lot of valuable information right here in this forum. Take your time and read through those threads that interest you, and ask as many questions as you need to. You'll get honest answers from members who know what they're talking about and are willing to share.

Eventually, you'll know when it's time to make your next move.

All the best!

Hermas

6. Kristy80

Kristy80 New Member

mountainmom5: But, anyways, if you set up a blog you will want to keep each post keyword focused so lets say you are writing about 'big bad bunyons' (lol - I don't even know if I spelled that right - you would want to have that exact keyword phrase several times in your post...and in your title.

Yes that makes complete sense thank you soo mcuh for that tip.

A8ch: I applaud your honesty and clear-mindedness in recognizing where you are at the moment in the Internet Marketing learning curve, and choosing to get more information first, before jumping in prematurely and possibly doing yourself more harm than good.

Thank you for that. Yeah I am not one of those who fall for that "get rich quick" hype. I like to gain knowledge on what I am tring to do before I do it. I agree that jumping in too quick without any knowledge or understanding will do me more harm then good.

I am so glad I found this forum seems like the perfect place to get help and learn.

7. newpage

newpage New Member

My best advice to you is, build your own site. If you rely on their site, understand you will have on control over it.

And that it's a duplicate an ununique to the search engines.
    Therefore the chances of getting good rankings will be difficult if not impossible.

8. PMHayes

PMHayes New Member

Kristy, first off, welcome to the forum. You'll get some pretty solid guidance in here. I'm sure you will have wisdom to share, as well. My advice to you is similar to MountainMom's. Blog, blog, blog. Now, Blogger is a service that will allow you to build your own blog with very little knowledge or expertise. But here's the wrinkle. Don't overtly advertise your new venture, yet.

Blog about what you are passionate about, health, fitness, etc. Offer people advice, information that will make thir lives better and cause them to come back for more. Make sure you are blogging about information relevant to what your business is about, just don't use their name, keywords, any of that. Of course you will have links from your blog to your business using generic terms that will be in line with what the company wants.

Don't let the whole blogging thing scare you, it's really not that difficult and with time and some practice you will get the hang of it. Feel free to pm me or email me and ask questions. I would be glad to help you. You can also check out my blog (signature file) and see if it helps you. Don't be shy about asking questions in here, either. These people are really great, and love to help.

Next, there any number of ways to put up an inexpensive capture page with links to your business. Again, no direct mention. As you are into health and fitness, a page that says something like "want to learn more about a product that can help you ........... fill in the blank, there. You will have a form they can fill out, name, email, phone that captures their info, and a link they can click to visit your business. You have now generated traffic without violating your company's policy. You can advertise that page any way you want, without breaking their rules.

Back to the blog. Your blog should also have links to your capture page, again with generic information that encourages people to click to learn about your business. Now, I realize that this overall approach is slow, at first, but trust me, it will grow over time. That's just a couple of suggestions. I'm sure people will offer you others.

My one concern is why would the company want to tie your hands, like that? If you are not able to meet their requirements in order to begin using more straight forward advertsing, you may want to look for a company with fewer restrictions. Just a suggestion.

Once again welcome!

Mitch

9. Janaya

Janaya New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new here and just kind of looking around. I came to this forum because I am interested in started a blog. I am already receiving some great information. This forum is great.

Thanks to Everyone and Happy New Year!

10. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Kristy80: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I am in an MLM buisness and looking to expand it using the net.

I have not got a website yet from them until I have more knowledge on what i am doing first! Since it is a yearly charge.

I have a good idea on how it works but feel like I am not ready yet feel like I need more information! And this forum seems to be a great place to learn more.

Any advice for me will be great! I'd take all the advice I can get!

Thanks!

Welcome Kristy,

I know what you are saying, some companies really tie your hands and prevent almost all means of promoting online. I just got done reading the terms of agreement with a new company, and by the time I got done, it was obvious you couldn't use any of the traditional online strategies, such as posting on forums. Since most of my efforts are aimed at helping those on forums like this, can you imagine not being able to have the name of company you are promoting appearing anywhere on forum?

Using generic terms is more difficult, especially when you are getting started. There a several main stream established companies which are not using network marketing model, so you can not use any of their names in your SEO work, so this would be impossible for me to agree to as you can not hope to get on top of Google search engines without using keywords of company or product. I feep some of these companies are just setting distributors up for an easy method to terminate them if they start earning too much. lol

Best of luck to you, Mike

11. Kristy80

Kristy80 New Member

Thanks you everyone for all the advice! I am starting to understand how to do things in the right direction! Even though I am overwhelmed with all the information I got so far. Like PMHayes said, with time and some practice you will get the hang of it.

Thanks Again!

Kristy

12. moneymagnet23

moneymagnet23 New Member

Kristy,
    Great to have you in the forum. Its a great place to find information but becareful because it is a place that you can also get overwhelmed . When we get overwheled we also have more fear and then mostly we decide to slow down what we are doing.

I would highly suggest you make yourself a plan. Moving to the internet is a great place as you mentioned but the importance is you know why you want to be on the net. The key is to use the net to generate leads.. using blogs as others have mentioned is one way to do that. you will also use blogs to help generate traffic to your other sites.

Hope this helps and dont give up this is a great business.

13. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

welcome kristy80

14. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Kristy80, I don't see why they would'nt just give you a free website. You can get one free basic at freewebs.com or webs.com and it is customizable. That does'nt seem supportive of them but them again i don't know all the facts. Like all the others welcome to the forum. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

15. timhale

timhale New Member

Hi Kristy80!

Welcome to the forum!

What type of business are you in now?

Are you only looking to expand what you're currently working on, or looking for new opportunities?

~Tim