I'm new to Network Marketing and am looking for advice

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Melissa Petrus, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Melissa Petrus

Melissa Petrus New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I've recently signed on as an Independent Consultant through Arbonne which is a Network Marketing company. I'm hoping to grow my business to a point where I can give up my day job and purely work from home.
    Does anyone have any advice for me?
    Thanks in advance.
    Mel

JamesVC and Andre Javier like this.
  2. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Yes, drop that word "hoping" and change it to "going to". ;-) Mindset is everything!

gordy05, JamesVC, Tom Nalis and 3 others like this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Hi Mel, :)

Learn a bit about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SMM (Social Media Marketing). Both are great ways to get traffic to your sites.

Robin: Love your post! Attitude matters! Stay positive and never give up!

robinincarolina and SandraGJ like this.
  4. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Robin, exactly! Mindset is something that matters the most! Of course, learning skills like SEO or SMM are helpful too but if you d0n't ''learn'' the proper mindset, than its all for nothing.

5. ChrisC

ChrisC New Member

Take your time, evaluate everything. Do not go in quick, because you will regret it later.
    If a business or opportunity is worth looking at, it will still be there in a months time.

Angela HuCoo likes this.
  6. whisper

whisper New Member

Hi Mel,

Rightly said. Attitude is everything. With the right attitude, you are bound to succeed.
    Learn about internet marketing. Network marketing these days has evolved into an era where getting down lines and growing your network is pretty easy using the power of online marketing. This will be one of your greatest tool-learning how the whole internet marketing works and putting it to use.

payment proof likes this.
  7. Sam Britton

Sam Britton New Member

Hi Mel

My advise to you is to start reading personal development books. This is essential to the success of your home business and will get you quickly into the right mind set. Spend lots of time being around successful people and give people that are negative to your new venture a very wide birth. Be here 1 year from now. Attend events as often as you can and if your company provide training, get your self on the courses as often as possible.

Oh and enjoy the journey, there is no other quite like it!

8. Tom Nalis

Tom Nalis New Member

Hi Melissa, well, I saw you got the best possible advice already; change the mindset. It sounds like an open door but it's very true. It's simply a fact that you can earn a descent income (or much more than that if you go for it) with network marketing, many do so, so put away any doubts. My goal was to travel the world while working online and was determined to do so. My goal was to achieve this and don't stop before I had it. Well, I'm going for 2 years now already and visited about 15 countries! :) Just a few more things you need to take in account;
    1) Time! While many network companies out there are eager on explaining you how quick and easy you will be up and running, it mostly takes quite some time and effort before you get to the point where you really master the beautiful digital marketing world. After the sky is the limit but until then; give yourself the time to learn. I personally went to Bali for this and lived here relatively cheap to allow myself the time to learn the skills I needed to learn.
    2) High-Ticket! In general when doing network marketing it wouldn't cost much more time, energy and knowledge to sell a high-ticket (high price with high margin) product over a low-ticket product. Mostly this is achieved by building up a relationship (for example via e-mail) with your customer and up-sell over time. I found many people putting lots of effort in a product that doesn't really pays off.
    3) Education! A good network marketing company puts a lot of time and energy in your education! They should provide lots of courses, training, tips and a big expert community to help you set things up. If you feel you don't get that well, search for another network marketing company because surely they exist!
    4) Positivity! Surround yourself by people who believe in what you do. Don't give skepticism a chance to get you down. Know that most skepticism comes out of ignorance or fear. Surround yourself with people who were successful doing what you want to do. This can be real life or, again, through a powerful community which, in my belief, should be part of the network marketing company of your choice.

Good luck on your new challenge Melissa, it changed my life and surely will change yours!

9. FINANCIAL CO

FINANCIAL CO New Member

Grab a Couple of Books! A good one is GO for NO!
    It`s alot of them out there but that helped alot!
    Also, The Dream Giver
    Good Luck

10. Monique Wagner

Monique Wagner New Member

Hi Melissa , I must tell you I been in network marketing for 9 years and I am still learning. I been involved with at least 4 different companies. The reason being it was all a learning process, you need to first map out somethings as far as how you plan on marketing your business whether you will focus on actually selling the products or recruiting new distributors. But I'll tell you this much, the best way to get your business off the ground is through "personal testimonies". Meaning your experience with the business and the products..their are so many ways to promote your business especially with social sites available, like facebook, instagram,twitter..etc...Make the business your own!
    I hope this was helpful-if you need to connect with me let me know!

11. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Welcome to forum Mel,

As you can see, you will always get good advice from a forum like this, it is one of the best places to learn to earn and then earn to learn more. Both go hand in hand, you can't possibly earn more unless you learn something new every day, and forums are a great way to learn how to succeed, and how to avoid failure.

As a newbie, good job choosing your company, and now you need to focus on the mindset you will reach your goal, not just hope it will happen which is the biggest mistake you can make as others have pointed out. Always have the mindset you will reach your goals, you just don't know when it will happen, but it will.

Success to all,

12. BillF2

BillF2 New Member

Hi Melissa,

Congratulations on starting your own business. Fortunately, I had a great mentor when I first started in the Network Marketing industry. My mentor drilled the idea of daily reading and listening to material that would help with my personal growth. That advice has paid for itself countless times over.

The mistake I see with so many newcomers to network marketers is, they are so focused and driven to make money but they lack the necessary mindset that it takes to succeed. For example, if a person has a "poverty and/or scarcity" consciousness, it can make moving forward in their business very difficult.

If a person is dealing with feelings of being "unworthy" of success or being wealthy, that subconscious belief can sabotage many of their efforts. In fact, these kind of beliefs can actually repel any positive results in their business because this person is "wired for failure" on a subconscious level.

I personally believe that "success" begins in the mind, not the wallet. I would encourage you to invest in your personal growth. Read 10 - 15 pages of something positive every day. I read two books a week on positive material.

Your self-image is KEY to achieving all the good that you desire .

See yourself winning. Set goals. Find a mentor.:)

Love God. Love yourself. Love people!

13. BillF2

BillF2 New Member

SandraGJ, I cannot agree more! You hit the nail on the head regarding "having the proper mindset". Sorry to say it took me 10+ years (after starting my business) before coming to the place where I understood just how important developing the proper mindset when it comes to achieving any degree of success in network marketing. I must've quit N.M. at least 15 times before this truth got through my thick skull! LOL!

In my early days of N.M., I was so broke and desperate to make money, my mentor would do his best to get me focused on developing a "prosperity consciousness", but I was so focused on "not wanting bills" it made me un-coachable to his advice.

Today, I do what I can to pass along this advice.

SandraGJ and payment proof like this.
  14. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Exactly. Once you start developing a positive thoughts routine, your mindset changes. Your goal might be the same, but if you're focusing only on negative aspects, like ''I don't want to have to pay for the bills'' or ''I don't want to have to fear for my financial future and career'' you're probably not going to achieve anything. So try focusing more on what you DO want instead of what you DON'T.

Cheers!

15. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

I don't know much about Arbonne but make sure you educate yourself on how to market yourself properly and above all else keep going it's worth it!

16. Russell Toews

Russell Toews Member

I personally find it amusing that so many people scoff and laugh at esoteric belief systems like 'the Secret' then they recommend the same concepts with a real world slant. Consciousness creates reality and not the other way around. If you know in your soul that you will be successful then there is no other way that it can turn out except for success.

17. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I love the way you put that. :)

You have to believe in yourself.

18. Rafael Lizola

Rafael Lizola New Member

Hi melissa, I may be a bit late to the party but here are my two sents worth.
    First of, everything you have heard so far is true: patience, mindset, etc.
    but if you really whant to retire from corporate america yo need to learn and master the to pilars of business, MARKETING AND SALES, there is no business if you cannot generate leads and there is no money if you cant sell to your leads/prospects. Period.
    This may sound a bit harsh but its true and you need to know that from the start, a lot of us got into NM because we where told that there was no actual sales involved just "recomending" the product/service and as soon as we signed in...guess what? you need to sell.:confused:
    There are lots more I can saher but, I dont whant to overwhelm you.
    learn social media marketing and find a good sales course they will make a world of diference, trust me.

best of success to you!!(y)

19. gordy05

gordy05 New Member

Hi Melissa,

Here are 5 Tips I can share with you that will allow you to become successful in Network Marketing.

1) Have Passion for the Product - Join a company that have a product that you love, you will use and you would reccommend not because of the comp plan but because it is something you have passion for.
    2) Be Coachable & Teachable - No.1 rule is to learn... First you learn than you earn. Do not reinvent the wheel and plug into the company's system, trainings etc...
    3) Have a Mentor & Accountability Partner - Having a mentor that have the results that you want will help you on your journey to achieve your goals.
    4) Be Resilient, Consistent & Persistent - Have a schedule and do the work... it takes hard work but and the end it is worth it.
    5) Have Fun Doing It! - Successful people are successful because they enjoy what they do.

Hope this Helps!