im new to the internet, please help!!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jweb8, May 26, 2009.

1. jweb8

jweb8 New Member

hi guys,
    please please please could someone tell me if wealthy affiliate is a good place to start learning howto start making money online?? if not where is?? im so confused with all the information + the hundreds of scams, im more unsure now than i was when i started researching making money online,however i knowpeople do make very good incomes online and dont feel ready to give up yet. im also very new to the computer/internet world. please can anyone point me in the right direction. thanks[​IMG]

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi and welcome Jemma!

I have not used Wealthy Affiliate but I have heard it is good and I am sure you will find various programs promoted on here... they are all good... but please remember they are only tools... not silver bullets to success.[​IMG]

We all had a learning curve and no one can avoid that.... you are doing the right thing by asking and researching... the next best thing is to actually get started doing something... NOTHING teaches us more quickly than experience.

I would advise to get something like WA and just plug into their training and follow what they tell you to do... as you go along, you will learn and have more questions.... we all do, but yes, it is possible to make money online.

I am assuming you want to make money with affiliate marketing if you are looking at WA... if the concept of that is still a bit new to you, you might want to read through some of the threads on here about affiliate marketing.... click on the link below...

What IS Affiliate Marketing??

Have fun,
    MM5

3. colibri

colibri New Member

Whatever else you do, ensure you keep self-education as part of your daily routine. If you keep learning and increasing your competence every day, especially at marketing, you have a chance to do very well.

And the best marketing technology I have found has been that of creating a membership business and using product launch formula techniques to launch it. That's a great 1-2 combo that can work for anyone who wants to start a home business and get it up and running fast.

You can PM me if you want to know more about this and I would be happy to assist you with everything I know.

best,
    Ron

4. yahia

yahia Member

Don't worry about being new to the internet and computer world. If you could make it to this forum then you know enough to start.

One piece of advice that works the best with new comers: stay focused. If you want to start with wealthy affiliate don't get destracted with any other program or training.

Welcome to the "work from home" world, and good luck.

5. jweb8

jweb8 New Member

hey there thankyou for

6. jweb8

jweb8 New Member

sorry hit the enter button before i finished, just wanted to say thankyou, and also what is product launch formula technique?? thanks for the offer to help me i would really appriciate that. could you send me ur email please. many thank [​IMG]

7. jweb8

jweb8 New Member

Thankyou [​IMG]

8. jenncez

jenncez New Member

Jemma, you will learn it all, just take your time and do all the training. You can also make a little pocket change doing some ad clicking or surveys. Just be aware of ones that ask for money up front. Don't fall for those. You can find some that are free and will pay you. You can do this while you learn your Affiliate Marketing stuff. Good luck to you!

9. gilbertm

gilbertm New Member

My advice to you is to not join any money making opportunities until you learn how to market. Marketing is the whole goal when it comes to making money online. Once you master marketing, you can join just about any program and make money online. It all comes down to how well you market. As for Wealthy Affiliates I don't know how well their training is, but there are a few programs that have very good training, and teach you just about everything you will need to know to start making an income from the internet. You will need to know what you want to do though. Are you wanting to be an affiliate marketer, sell products, or get involved with mlm. Most of the good programs will cost some money to join. Don't join free programs as most of them will be a waste of your time in my opinion. I hope you have much success with your online business.

10. baby_femme

baby_femme New Member

just like vishal said,

As most of those who advocate it are themselves affiliates of the programs (these memberships are very hot selling), it's pretty tough to get genuine advice.
    I definitely agree with him... [​IMG]

11. garygoh

garygoh New Member

mountainmom5: but please remember they are only tools... not silver bullets to success.

We all had a learning curve and no one can avoid that.... you are doing the right thing by asking and researching... the next best thing is to actually get started doing something... NOTHING teaches us more quickly than experience.

This is a very good advice for internet newbies. I used to be the one kept looking for the best tools or program that guaranteed for internet success, end of the day, after having bought few ebooks and program, nothing get done.

The only thing that can bring you closer to success is just do it based on whatever you know.

12. dreamwalker

dreamwalker New Member

You have started out well - you found this forum and asked for help.

Don't try to learn it all in one day or you'll get really frustrated. There is sooo much information floating out there. Read the forums, do your homework. Try to figure out what you enjoy. Do you like talking to people, or are you good at selling a product face to face? Are you comfortable on the phone - just like a regular job - you will excel at things you enjoy doing.

The main thing - have fun with it!

13. simplyg

simplyg New Member

I would definitely recommend My Online Income System for beginners. That program was the foundation of my business. Once I'd mastered it, I moved on to using other tools. However, I was already profiting just from using My Online Income System.

It's true that you have to find what's best for you. Just don't let your fear of not knowing how keep you from trying. I didn't know very much at all when I got started. After I got into it, I slept better at night because I had a constant sense of accomplishment from learning new things and putting them into practice everyday. The 60 day action plan that is a part of My Online Income System was a huge part of helping me stay focused. One Week Marketing has a similar action plan, but it is somewhat more advanced.

Good luck!

14. samda

samda Member

Welcome to this forum.

I dont think wealthy affiliate is a place to start for a newbie. What I would suggest is start up a website and design a small sales page for your favorite affiliate program.

I think this might be the best one start with.

Sam

15. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

HI~

I only can say,

If you want buy affiliate program, buy cheaper one!

There are many other affiliate programs in online market,

Most of them teach you same things!

Only difference is way they package stuffs, and prices !

I recommend you to buy Cheap and quality program!

Save your money

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

16. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I studied and would get overwhelmed, and repeat it over and over. I finally decided to just do something, so I made a blog. Then I came to this forum a discovered many ways to promote it. It was a start and from doing this, I started learning more, now I have 2 blogs and 4 squidoo lens. I used the one week marketing and thats when it all started to click together. My story is in my blog in my signature link.

Another good free tool is the 30 day challenge.

17. simplyg

simplyg New Member

What's the 30 Day Challenge? I've never heard of it before.

18. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Just google it, its a program with a different lesson every day. It very informative. It teaches the ins and outs and takes off a lot of the learning curve and its simple to follow.

19. simplyg

simplyg New Member

robinincarolina: It very informative. It teaches the ins and outs and takes off a lot of the learning curve and its simple to follow.

Sounds similar to some of the things I've used so far. I'll check it out.

Thanks!