I'm stuck need some advice

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Casper, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Casper New Member

Hey everyone I'm trying to replace a home business which I had but decided to get out of because I was not making a profit & the monthly fees were kind of killing me, I was hoping people on here would be able to point me in the right direction on a business which has a yearly fee only. I would like to make it clear that I'm only looking for a business which has a product that people actually want & things like personal development & Internet marketing are not what I'm looking for.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Good luck! [IMG]

I got out of a business because of the same reasons, and although there are a lot of great home businesses out there, most of them have monthly fees of some sort - either you have to buy product in order to make commissions, or you have website fees, or something.

So again - good luck.[IMG]
  3. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

Hey Casper,

I have been with GBG for some time now. They really suit my needs for several reasons and based off what you said I think GBG may be up your alley.

They have a low price point on their product which makes it very affordable for everyone to join and the business and websites are free.

The company has been around over 14 years and has an A+ rating with the BBB.

You can take a tour at shopgbg.com (their main website)

Good Luck,

Matt
  4. Casper New Member

I was paying about $30.00 a month & if I had to bite my lip I would but I wouldn't want to pay any more than $20.00 a month I was also looking at a travel but it looks like they are out of my price range.
  5. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

MLM may not be the right vehicle for you.. Or you might just not have been with the right team for you.

I pay $30 a month for my product as well. However.. Most people make their investment back their first month and continue to make their investment back monthly from there.

Very few don't.

I hope you find what you are looking for =].

Matt
  6. BRobins New Member

Running a business will cost money. It's just the way it is really. If a home business sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
  7. Build you own Niche websites and sell the products that people really want. [IMG]
  8. Casper: Hey everyone I'm trying to replace a home business which I had but decided to get out of because I was not making a profit & the monthly fees were kind of killing me, I was hoping people on here would be able to point me in the right direction on a business which has a yearly fee only. I would like to make it clear that I'm only looking for a business which has a product that people actually want & things like personal development & Internet marketing are not what I'm looking for.
    Good question,

As one who specializes in identifying and evaluating the best free to low cost home based online businesses, I can tell you this, there are very few which are free with no monthly costs involved, after all, isn't the sales what we are suppose to be earning an income from? Most, sadly, never earn more than they burn trying, and I suspect this was your realization with your current program.

What I would suggest to research is any program which involves saving you and everyone money first and foremost. Everyone is looking to save money, so in these programs you are transfer buying, and that is the easierst of all to promote to others since you are not selling them on purchasing some useless worthless product or service disguised as a money making opportunity.

I have researched thousands over the years, and sadly, only a few offer true value to the consumer, hence, why most fail at their own businesses. Bottom line, if you cannot save people money, you will never make any money, value rules as we enter an era of frugality which was brought on by this deep recession and economic collapse worldwide, so without verified value, forget it, you will never make a long term income.

Find a product everyone is already using, and then find one which offers absolute lowest prices whereby everyone can save over a thousand per year just by switching, as in, transfer buying, after all, most hate to sell and hate to be sold, so let the value and savings do your selling for you based on true value. It doesn't get any easier than this for everyone wins, the consumer, the representatives you refer and YOU WIN.

As example, check out TamPogo, amazing savings on the best health, nutrition, wieght loss, skin care, anti-aging and thousands of other mainstream national name brand items all at direct from manufacturers discount prices, and it costs nothing to become a customer and independent representative. One of the only totally free to join programs, and my top choice for free programs.

Best of all, you do not have to recruit or sell others, you can qualify for passive income simply by making a minimum qualifying order of a product you are already using anyway, and paying more for it elsewhere, so I am not talking about overpriced MLM products and services, TamPogo is totally different which is obvious when you listen to CEO calls and his mission with TamPogo. He is already multi millionaire and is truly creating TamPogo for us to succeed, as well as feed starving childred around the world. How many MLM deals care about anything other than getting rich themsleves at our expense?

Another extreme value program I have been enjoying is Harvest America, simple, money saving, mainstream, name brand groceries, and since everyone eats, and everyone wants to save money, and like myself, on track to save over $3,000.00 a year, this is about as easy as it gets for only $29.95 a month member subscription cost. I save several hundred a month, so depending on your family size, it would be impossible not to cover this fee in savings, so real verifiable value is what sells this program for you, so again, very easy just like TamPogo is and costs nothing out of pocket as both will save you more than you spend.

Since most never earn more than they burn trying, as is your experience, wouldn't it be nice to come out with money in your pocket the very first month without selling anything, or recruiting even one person. Yes, as amazingly as it sounds, it is true, and since you can register with TamPogo for free, no fee, no obligations to check it out, expecially the great products and even better prices, you have nothing to lose and a ton of real savings to gain.

Success to all,
  9. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

If you do get in a business with a product. Make sure the product is a product that people would use even without doing the business.. Or else you don't really have a business.

That's why I'm with my company now.. I started off just using the product.. It's no surprise we have over a 97% retention rate [IMG].

Matt
  10. Casper New Member

I do know that all businesses have start up costs so I'm not in anyway expecting a free ride when looking for a new opportunity.
  11. Casper: I do know that all businesses have start up costs so I'm not in anyway expecting a free ride when looking for a new opportunity.
    Good point,

There are always costs in running a business, time, as in promoting, or the cost of advertising, but there are a few businesses which are cost free to start, as in, you can become a representative for free and earn commissions from your promotional efforts, so there are different catagories of costs related to starting and running a business.

Success to all, Mike
  12. jeffreysloe New Member

Casper: I would like to make it clear that I'm only looking for a business which has a product that people actually want & things like personal development & Internet marketing are not what I'm looking for.
    Hi Casper,

I believe everybody wants a business which has products that people want. As a matter of fact, every business out there has some sort of product that "someone" wants, no matter what the product may be. So finding a business should not be too hard to find.

Let's just take a look at the group that drives the economy, the baby-boomers. There are some 70 million baby-boomers, and its been the baby-boomers that typically spend the money, which drives the economy. (Census 2000 counted 79.6 million U.S. residents born in the years 1946 to 1964, inclusive.)*

So, what do the baby-boomers need? Well, all you have to do is look at the years they were born, 1946 - 1964, and then figure out their age. Find a business that has a product that this "huge" group needs, and I think you will find a product that people need.

If you should happen to find a product that meets the needs of the 64+ age group, you could potentially have 18 years of selling a product, and making money. So, what do the aging baby-boomers need?

With that said, finding a business with little or no start up and monthly costs, well quite honestly, that may be another story. There are not many businesses that have no monthly fees, and/or product purchases, required for you to get paid.

Find out what the aging baby-boomers need, and start selling that product or service.

*Source: http://www.prb.org/Articles/2002/JustHowManyBabyBoomersAreThere.aspx
  13. Casper New Member

jeffreysloe: I believe everybody wants a business which has products that people want. As a matter of fact, every business out there has some sort of product that "someone" wants, no matter what the product may be. So finding a business should not be too hard to find.

Let's just take a look at the group that drives the economy, the baby-boomers. There are some 70 million baby-boomers, and its been the baby-boomers that typically spend the money, which drives the economy. (Census 2000 counted 79.6 million U.S. residents born in the years 1946 to 1964, inclusive.)*

So, what do the baby-boomers need? Well, all you have to do is look at the years they were born, 1946 - 1964, and then figure out their age. Find a business that has a product that this "huge" group needs, and I think you will find a product that people need.

If you should happen to find a product that meets the needs of the 64+ age group, you could potentially have 18 years of selling a product, and making money. So, what do the aging baby-boomers need?

With that said, finding a business with little or no start up and monthly costs, well quite honestly, that may be another story. There are not many businesses that have no monthly fees, and/or product purchases, required for you to get paid.

Find out what the aging baby-boomers need, and start selling that product or service.
    Well I do know that one thing that Baby Boomers like is travel so I wouldn't mind looking at a travel program, This is a product I can actually sell without having to get anyone into the business unless I wanted to.
  14. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

They also need anti aging and vitamins [IMG].

*HintHint*

Ah but seriously.. Travel is a great thing to look into.. You could even be a travel agent from home !

Maybe specifically for cruises?

The only problem with the travel industry is it is becoming so easy for people to book their own vacations.. I don't see that position being around too much longer.. Or it will be but vastly different.

Hope all goes well!
  15. down not out New Member

Hi to you all,
    I have just come across this site and immediately registered. At last I can share my experiences and (utter desperation!! )at having tried and been taken in so many times by scam after scam. I know many others have had the misery of thinking this is" The One" only to be left bitterly disappointed and even more in debt. Each time I tell myself I will not be so trusting and gullible and then you get the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach to know that yep you've been had all over again. Things took a sudden and dramatic turn when diagnosis of M.S ended my job prospects it has affected our finances so badly that I was determined to try and do something to earn some money. My poor loving husband supports me in each new idea and then I find out it is just another scam and I have spent more money we cant afford to lose. Then i fell that I have let him down so badly. I know I can make a success of things and will work as hard as what is needed but I just feel so let down and discouraged and honestly just want a break so I can try and make a better life for my family.

Sorry guys I don't want this to sound like a sob story , I know so many of you have been in similar circumstances. I would be so grateful for any help you can give
  16. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

Well This forum is a great place to learn!

If you have any specific questions I would be very happy to help.

Matt
  17. sidney New Member

Hi Julie,

Many of us on here and, I suspect, many other Forums have been taken at one time or another. I, especially, am a complete sucker for a good sales piece and have lost thousands over the years.

They hit the carpet most days and go straight into the recycling now without even being opened. Like others, I get spammed an email saying they had sent me an email 'last week' and hadn't heard back and here it is again. What a load of boloney.

Here are some ideas that may interest you.

The Recession - out of work? Start a new business.
    Baby Boomers needs.
    We're going Greener - Green Products - Booming!
    Pets - Booming!
    Health and the Wellness Industry - Booming!
    Local Produce - more people buying locally made and grown stuff
    Health and the Wellness Industry - Booming!
    Education, education, education. Ring a bell? Re train the brain and learn a new skill.

Just remember also Julie that you must have some experiences of your own that you can write about and turn into an ebook, even if it is just to give away. Perhaps your recent experience with MS would help others suffering the same. Maybe do some research and get writing?

I do hope, Julie, that some of these may help you.

As always, any questions, just ask them. Someone will answer them pretty quick.

Best Wishes and Good Luck
    Sidney
  18. verdecove New Member

I am trying to run my business on a very very low budget out of the reason that I was laid off from my good paid job and the business is supposed to make some up from the loss of income we have.
    In my honest opinion, no matter what business you are trying to get in, you will have expenses. And if it might be just the monthly hosting fee for your website, office supplies, higher phone bills etc.
    You can save a lot by doing things yourself, instead of hiring someone or signing up for any monthly or yearly fees to sell services or products for another company.
    It is just very hard to find those companies to partner with.
  19. happywife Gold Member

Casper: Well I do know that one thing that Baby Boomers like is travel so I wouldn't mind looking at a travel program, This is a product I can actually sell without having to get anyone into the business unless I wanted to.
    Is travel something that YOU enjoy? It's a good concept, but you'd really need to target a very specific niche in travel. I don't know if Baby Boomer travel would be nichie enough or not.

By doing some keyword research you could determine the supply and demand and focus on a less competitive angle so that you can generate travel and earn more quickly.

If you are looking for a yearly fee like you mentioned earlier, why not put that fee into a year's subscription of SiteBuildIt? You could devote one solid year of building a niche site on the subject of your choice (whether a travel niche or something else you are really into) and see how you do.

I know it's a big commitment, but if you stay focused and put in the work, you'll be truly amazed at what you can accomplish. There are almost always "in-demand" products you can find to promote around your chosen niche. It's a realistic and solid business building plan that won't cost you anything more than your time and energy after you've paid your annual fee of $299.

Go for it. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  20. happywife Gold Member

down not out: I have just come across this site and immediately registered. At last I can share my experiences and (utter desperation!! )at having tried and been taken in so many times by scam after scam. I know many others have had the misery of thinking this is" The One" only to be left bitterly disappointed and even more in debt. Each time I tell myself I will not be so trusting and gullible and then you get the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach to know that yep you've been had all over again. Things took a sudden and dramatic turn when diagnosis of M.S ended my job prospects it has affected our finances so badly that I was determined to try and do something to earn some money. My poor loving husband supports me in each new idea and then I find out it is just another scam and I have spent more money we cant afford to lose. Then i fell that I have let him down so badly. I know I can make a success of things and will work as hard as what is needed but I just feel so let down and discouraged and honestly just want a break so I can try and make a better life for my family.

Sorry guys I don't want this to sound like a sob story , I know so many of you have been in similar circumstances. I would be so grateful for any help you can give
    Hi Julie,

I can really hear your pain and frustration, but I have to say I'm greatly encouraged by the user name you chose - down not out! That says so much about you that you are willing to fight on in the face of adversity and setbacks.

It is very disheartening to be sincerely willing to put in the effort only to find out you were mislead and your time and money were wasted. Don't feel to dejected about that as it has happened to most of us!

Have you considered building a niche topic site on something that you really know about already? A hobby? An interest? Some specific knowledge or skill from your past work experience? What do you think you are good at? What would other people say you were good at if asked?

Those are the kinds of questions that can help you find the right type of online business that will end up working for you over the long term.

Just like I mentioned to Casper in the post above, once you determine a subject that YOU will enjoy diving into, you can do the research to determine what people are looking for in relation to that subject (keyword research is invaluable), and then provide them with the answer to their search.

Once you build your content correctly, your traffic will come. You will then presell your traffic and send them off to your affiliate suggestions ready to buy. There are a number of different ways to monetize your traffic once you get it, but getting it is the key.

There are some free resources that you can read to help you understand this type of business building via affiliate marketing through niche websites. Read through it and see if it is the type of concept you feel is right for you.

So many times we read a sales page for some program and what pulls at us is the promise of the amount of money we can make. We should be looking for a concept that pulls at us instead. Something that says, "That makes sense!"

Don't despair. I'm sure you won't. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie

P.S. Just out of personal curiosity, do you mind if I ask whether or not you drink a lot of diet soda (or other food/drinks with artificial sweeteners)?