Income Stores

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by psierra, Oct 25, 2008.

1. psierra

psierra New Member

Has anyone heard of Income Stores.com? I don't know if someone had written about this or not here. I stumbled upon their website and it seems like a good online business opportunity.

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

It looks ok, but you might want to do some research online to see if you can find any negative reviews - maybe check out the ripoffreport.com

3. psierra

psierra New Member

I checked out ripoffreport.com but nothing came up. I googled it too but nothing negative came up either and the few things I did find were not bad at all. Thanks anyway [​IMG]

4. There doesn't seem to be much information about incomestores.com.

The only comment that I can find is a user that is struggling to make a decent site with it.

Barb

5. psierra

psierra New Member

That's correct Barb. It doesn't seem to be much information available about incomestores.com. But my question now would be: Should I take that as a good sign? Maybe they haven't been around for too long. The website is owned and operated by Internet Solutions, LLC. What do you guys think?

6. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

You brought up a good point yourself. If they are brand new I would personally stay away from them. One of the biggest dangers of this sort of business is the potential for it to fail.

Ty to find a stable program that has been around for a little while.

Namaste

7. psierra

psierra New Member

Thanks cupbucket. I will keep that in mind. [​IMG]

8. purdue512

purdue512 New Member

Hey folks. I am Al and I work on the IncomeStores project for Internet Solutions, LLC. I can assure you it's legit. The reason you can't find too much on the IncomeStores product is that it is relatively new... It came out of testing and into BETA on 1/1/2008. So now (1/25/09) it's about year into beta test, and is stable. We've run over 100 individual stores through the software. It's been a great group of beta testers - tons of good feedback - and new features on the way.

The initial user testing for IncomeStores was done publicly at the DigitalPoint forum by about 25 forum members. You can see some info there.

Also - Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know about the product. I'd be happy to help out.

Cheers...

9. davel

davel New Member

Can you provide an ACTIVE sites that are using the IncomeStores software?

10. TheExecutive

TheExecutive New Member

Hi, Al

How do we go about getting product lines to sell? Would I have to contact companies that drop ship first? I hope we don't have to buy first before we can offer the products. I have almost no budget to work with!

11. TheExecutive

TheExecutive New Member

Doing some investigation of my own, I just got off the phone with Adam Stetzer. He's the President of Internet Solutions, LLC. Adam doesn't have much of a staff yet, and of course there is no Customer Support center so I was lucky to find his 703 area code phone # in one of the video presentations on the Income Stores main site. [​IMG]

Because it's in Beta there is no money-back guarantee on the $97 per year, but the good news is that it's half price of what they will charge once they launch (whenever that is) and post-launch we will still be locked into the original price. No doubt going into a second year one would be charged the new price.

However....they have most of the problems fixed. ? The only real one is that the RSS feeds that sometimes don't work.

Here's how the product listings go (and maybe Al or one of the other 100 site owners can explain this a lot better):?  I don't have to buy anything to get stuff listed on the site.

Basically the IncomeStores site is a conduit to eBay , Amazon, Commission Junction and the other site. The customer does a search and if it's tracked to my site the product appears on my site. Then they can order that way and I get a commission. I dont get the technical aspect of it.

So I don't have to do any customer service or call or talk to anybody.
    But I have to do ONE thing.....I'm sure you know what that is

Advertise!

I'm sure that is all better explained on the IS message forum that I haven't been to yet. Adam answers questions there daily.

12. happywife

happywife Gold Member

TheExecutive: Basically the IncomeStores site is a conduit to eBay , Amazon, Commission Junction and the other site. The customer does a search and if it's tracked to my site the product appears on my site. Then they can order that way and I get a commission. I dont get the technical aspect of it.

That sounds like basic affiliate marketing. Why not just build your own site and use the RSS feeds that eBay, Amazon, Commission Junction, etc. provide if that is the look you want?

If you do some keyword research and add some content to the product pages, you won't HAVE to spend money on advertising. You can get free traffic from the search engines based on the keywords you focus on for each page.

Just a thought...

13. TheExecutive

TheExecutive New Member

happywife: That sounds like basic affiliate marketing. Why not just build your own site and use the RSS feeds that eBay, Amazon, Commission Junction, etc. provide if that is the look you want?

If you do some keyword research and add some content to the product pages, you won't HAVE to spend money on advertising. You can get free traffic from the search engines based on the keywords you focus on for each page.

I don't have the the technical experience (or patience) to create or run a decent looking website. I'd rather pay a small amount for that, and in this case these guys do a much better job than I would. The only thing is that they don't provide any real support yet.

As for the keywords in search engines, how do you do that for free? Google AdSense / AdWords is at least $50 / month minimum -- I checked.

14. happywife

happywife Gold Member

TheExecutive: I don't have the the technical experience (or patience) to create or run a decent looking website. I'd rather pay a small amount for that, and in this case these guys do a much better job than I would. The only thing is that they don't provide any real support yet.

Yes, it does take a bit of work, but you don't necessarily have to have any technical experience. I certainly had none! There are a few good quality programs that do the tricky bits for you (coding) and all you really need to do in the beginning is write (just like you do here in the forum).

You have to remember that having something that looks good doesn't have anything to do with getting traffic. And a website is nothing without traffic.

There are two ways you get traffic.

1. Pay for it - buying advertising like with Google Adwords. You can actually spend way more than $50 per month as you rightly discovered. This is a continual drain, and unless you learn to get it right and make a good return on your investment, it can bleed you dry.

2. Get it for free - designing your pages around keywords that you have researched and provide appropriate content for. This way when someone searches for a phrase like "salba grain" or whatever, Google (or another of the major search engines) lists your page near the top of the search results and you get free traffic.

That costs nothing but your time.

You can pay someone to build a site for you, but unless you are confident that they are doing it "right" in a few important areas, you may just be throwing your money away anyway.

You may just want to give site builing a try and see. You may discover, like I did, that you really enjoy it. [​IMG]

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of success with it.
    Blessings,
    Angie

15. davel

davel New Member

Can anybody provide any ACTIVE sites that are using the IncomeStores software?

16. purdue512

purdue512 New Member

Hi Davel... See Compare4.us.. It is active, and completely built on the IncomeStores platform... I have tons of others if you like... Just email support at incomestores dot com...

17. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Okay, you pay $97 a year and they keep the site up with new products that may come on the market? Like Wii and other games there's always some new gadget or upgrade that comes up.

And if you decide you don't want to pay $97 a year or want anything to do with the income stores there is a problem of all articles you may have written with that site in your resource box. You would need to change all of those. That is if you use article writing to advertise which I do and so do many others.

Just a couple of thoughts on the subject.
    Sonni

18. purdue512

purdue512 New Member

Yes. As mentioned above, the store provides all the products (and details and customer reviews) using the API's from the various product sources..

One thing to point out - This is NOT running off the RSS feeds from these providers. This is actually using the API to get the info directly from the Amazon, eBay and Commission Junction databases. I believe that's why we can get slightly more complete info.

Now, as for the "providing products automatically" part. There is an option on the Admin panel where the store owner (you) decide if you want the software to do that or not. Some people run VERY tight little niche stores and they want full control over every product. The IncomeStores platform allows for this. Others just want to "set it and forget" and let the searches put in by the end users guide what products are displayed. We call this the "self building" store - and the platform also supports this.

Hope that helps.

19. Sonni

Sonni New Member

It also states no technical skills are required and this isn't true to configure this stuff you will need to know how to do it. I wouldn't have any idea how to configure this store or any other store.

There are things like this sold all the time to newbies telling them no tech skills are required then they buy it and can't do it. I know because it's been done to me. They need a money back guarantee so if you can't figure it out you can get out.
    Sonni

20. Donham298

Donham298 New Member

I also saw that technical skills were required.