Inspirational Quotes

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by screamingeagle, Mar 19, 2007.

1. screamingeagle New Member

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that"

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  2. tomcha New Member

I don't have the quote in front of me so it's probably off a little....

"I don't care if you are 5 or 105. God put you here at this exact time in history to change the world."

Mother Angelica
  3. screamingeagle New Member

Quoting: tomcha I don't have the quote in front of me so it's probably off a little....

Thank You for the great quote.

"Everything starts with one person . . . I don't care if you're 5 or 105, God from all eternity chose you to be where you are, at this time in history, to change the world."

Quote from: Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality Written by Raymond Arroyo

Take Care,
    Robert

P.S. Here's another from the same book: "Faith is one foot on the ground, one foot in the air, and a queasy feeling in the stomach."

When I get out of my comfort zone, I always seem to get a queasy feeling in the stomach.
  4. roger New Member

"As long as you don't forgive, who and whatever it is will occupy rent-free space in your mind."
    - - Isabelle Holland
  5. tomcha New Member

Thanks Robert for the correct quote. I heard my wife reading the quote to me the other day and I loved it, but just couldn't remember it fully.

"All that is not shared is lost"
    -author unknown

Thomas
  6. screamingeagle New Member

Quoting: tomchaThanks Robert for the correct quote.

Hi Thomas:
    You're quite welcome [IMG]

"Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself." - - Robert Collier

"Crystallize your goals. Make a plan for achieving them and set yourself a deadline. Then, with supreme confidence, determination and disregard for obstacles and other people's criticisms, carry out your plan." - - Paul J. Meyer

"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful."
    - - Mark Victor Hansen

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage." - - Niccolo Machiavelli
  7. OnlineMoney24 7 New Member

It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. -- Unknown
  8. screamingeagle New Member

"The human Will, that force unseen,

The offspring of a deathless Soul,

Can hew the way to any goal,

Though walls of granite intervene."

- - Ella Wheeler Wilcox
  9. roger New Member

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" -- Wayne Dyer (I think)
  10. OnlineMoney24 7 New Member

This is my all time favourite quote and I am sure everyone in here has seen it before. But here it is again:

"Whatever the mind can conceive & believe, it can achieve." - Napoleon Hill
  11. WorkAtHomeDad New Member

Hello All...

Wow... there are so many great inspirational quotes listed here.

One of my favorites has always been:

"You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want." by: Zig Ziglar

I also wanted to share with everyone one of the best movies I think I have ever seen. It is called Peaceful Warrior. I highly recommend that everyone watch this movie. It is very powerful and inspiring. The movie is based on the novel from Dan Millman called The Way Of The Peaceful Warror.

You can check out the author of the book at danmillman dot com.

The movie is on limited national release so if you want to see it you better act quickly. Check the internet for movie availability.

I am not sure about posting links but here is the movie site which has a preview to watch:

http://www.thepeacefulwarriormovie.com/

There are a lot of great quotes in the movie. Check it out.

That's my 2 cents for the day!

John (peaceful warrior in training)
  12. screamingeagle New Member

"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe." - - Gail Devers
  13. screamingeagle New Member

"I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret." - - Anthony Robbins
  14. screamingeagle New Member

"The person determined to achieve maximum success learns the principle that progress is made one step at a time. A house is built one brick at a time. Football games are won a play at a time. A department store grows bigger one customer at a time. Every big accomplishment is a series of little accomplishments."
    - - David Joseph Schwartz
  15. decker2006 New Member

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined. - Henry David Thoreau
  16. Jason New Member

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

-Coach Carter (lol)
  17. luvtravel New Member

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Terri
  18. decker2006 New Member

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

- Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank Redemption written by Stephen King

All right, not exactly a classical quite, but so true. Everyone has a choice. What is your choice going to be?

As an aside - If you have never seen the movie, it is great and I highly recommend it. It is the kind of movie you can watch more than once and still get something out of it.

Noreen
  19. screamingeagle New Member

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream."
    - - Lao Tzu

"If you like things easy, you'll have difficulties; if you like problems, you'll succeed"
    - - Laotian Proverb
  20. screamingeagle New Member

"The truth of the matter is that there's nothing you can't accomplish if: (1) You clearly decide what it is that you're absolutely committed to achieving, (2) You're willing to take massive action, (3) You notice what's working or not, and (4) You continue to change your approach until you achieve what you want, using whatever life gives you along the way."
    Anthony Robbins