Introduction and My Work From Home Story

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Thegiftcornernm, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Thegiftcornernm

Thegiftcornernm New Member

Hello ALL!

I am new to this forum but I have been a member of a couple of other well known work from home forums for several years. Some of you may even know me already. I was recently, unexpectedly laid off from a work at home job that I dearly loved. I had worked for the company for 2 years in their HR dept. hiring people looking to work from home, and then "boom!" JOB OVER!

To make a long story short it was definitely a blessing in disguise! It motivated me to continue working hard for my own personal goals. I tend to give the company I work for 100% because that is just who I am. I am sharing my story because I want other work at home moms or dads to know it is possible to find the job you want from home and if one road leads to nowhere just turn around and take the other way!
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

It's nice to hear that you have allowed your adversity to motivate you to bigger and better things. I hope that you will find great success working for yourself and building YOUR business, rather than building someone else's business.

3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Your attitude in the face of adversity will move you towards success. Stay strong and positive!

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome 'giftcorner'... [​IMG]

Great to hear your motivation and just a tip, follow the advice in your profile signature thingie to make your signature link clickable as it is a nice site and that way we won't have to copy and paste to see it.[​IMG]
  5. Thegiftcornernm

Thegiftcornernm New Member

Thank you all for the nice words and advice! I do appreciate it. I went through a lot with my past employer and really learned a lot also. No pain no gain as they say!
  6. yasser

yasser New Member

happy for you [​IMG]
  7. gowriter

gowriter Member

Glad to see you're pushing on. With the experience you have int he work at home industry, you've got a leg up over most people.

The ball is clearly in your court. Your old job lost a good asset.
  8. sharondavis

sharondavis New Member

Congratulations on turning a bad situation into a positive one! Best of luck to you with your new venture!
  9. williammurray

williammurray New Member

Hi friends,
    I'm a newbie here... Looking forward to have good time interacting with u guys..
  10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi Teri,

Welcome to the forum.

Just like you gave your all to your company where you used to work at, you can also do the same for your own online business.

Your attitude is great and you will do very well online.

Again, welcome to the forum. Very glad to have you join us.

11. Marktech

Marktech Member

I have been laid-off from 4 "real" jobs in three years. Employees are just not invested into by companies anymore. Great job finding your own path.
  12. niddy

niddy New Member

I needed that boost of positivity!
  13. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

niddy: I needed that boost of positivity!
    Start reading the book "What to say when you talk to yourself" By Shad Helmstetter. It is a very powerful book.

14. andie926

andie926 New Member

I can relate. I worked for an animal hospital for 5 years when I was unexpectedly laid off in Feb. My husband and I had just bought our first house and have a 2 year old daughter. Needless to say I was freaking out when I couldn't find work. I finally found a part time job at a drug store but have been trying to get into affiliate marketing to supplement my income. I am going thru a 60 day affiliate course right now, but have not made my first sale yet. It is encouraging to hear that someone like me is able to work from home. Thanks for sharing your story.
  15. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

Great stuff! I think that many of us share the same story.

I was a security officer in a shipping terminal for 5 years. The lay-off's came about a year and half ago. I kicked around for a few months but the bills needed to be paid. So here I am [​IMG]

It's about turning adversity into opportunity. Everything is ultimately an opportunity; the individual is the one who says "good" or "bad", "misfortune" or "new beginning." I looked at being let go as a freeing experience. I didn't have to depend on anyone to make a living. I no longer had a ceiling on my earnings. I took responsibility for my life, every circumstance since then square on the chin, and I am becoming more free every day.

Thanks for sharing your story. It's helpful to receive inspiration from as many sources as possible [​IMG]
  16. Louem

Louem New Member

I like your story... I mean about your attitude. [​IMG]

I'm not making enough yet with my marketing business to leave my job, and I must say, losing my job is still a bit scary for me.

In fact, I work two jobs, A buyer full time and sales in the afternoon, so the only time I can work my marketing business is when I am at dialysis from 9:00pm to about midnight or 1:00am three days per week.

That makes things a bit slow going for me but like you... I'm still pluging along.

Good luck to you and never lose the GOOD attitude!
  17. paulgressel

paulgressel New Member

Always look at the glass half full! Great post, I am sure alot of people out there are in the same position and feel the same way.