Is anyone here using Craigslist to advertise their business

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by heistheanswer, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Joshua Stein

Joshua Stein New Member

I use CL a good bit for both internet marketing and real estate.

It can be hit or miss.

I post in the For sale/Business section and also in the Services sections.

Sometimes they pull my ads.
  2. wealthymarket

wealthymarket New Member

I have had terrible experiences with CL. Always had ads deleted, etc. Gave up on it awhile ago. Maybe I'll try it again, seeing that some of you are somehow making it work. Any of those "secrets" you're mentioning you might be willing to share just to be nice? [​IMG] lol
  3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Craigslist can be awesome. You simply want to post an ad for a couple of days, and then come back and take the old ad down and post a new one. If you trying posting to multiple cities without a sophisticated set up you ads will get deleted or never post. However, craigslist has proven to be excellent for getting good leads for most biz opps.
  4. usa1

usa1 New Member

FreeCashMan ??? sophisticated set up you ads will get deleted or never post. please go with this and tell me what you mean, i am sure it would mean alot to most of us out here.

howard
  5. mely

mely New Member

This is a great idea to post on craiglist. And its free too, right?
  6. paydaypatch

paydaypatch New Member

Just don't get greedy and it will work.
    A few weeks ago I thought if 2 ads were working this great how about 4. I was rotating about four messages every other day for about a week before I figured out that they were just ghosts.

It can work but you have to be very careful and abide by their rules.
  7. falrap

falrap New Member

I use craigs list for advertising a multi level marketing program. The key to posting on craigs list is to find the right headings and word smith your ads to accomodate that section. If you post something that does not really fit in the category you are posting you will be dropped. I find I get great responses to my ads.
  8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: paydaypatchJust don't get greedy and it will work.

I know - I figured if 3 ads a day was good, then 8 - 10 would be better...mistake!

Most of them got tagged so I ditto - stick with 2-3 a day..[​IMG]
  9. Kesha

Kesha New Member

So, if I use the same body but changed the title, my ad wont get dropped? Or should a change a few words in the body as well? The ads last for 45 days. Is the purpose of posting every other day is so that your ad wont get buried? I'm sorry I'm full of questions...
  10. Morgana

Morgana New Member

Well, here's what I know about posting to CL. I think you've got to be patient and you've got to have a great subject line to entice people. It's a very competitive environment. But I think once you nail down an ad that is working well, you should do fine.

One thing I do know is that you have to be careful. I tried to post the same ad from three seperate accounts in different cities, but they were all ghosted (they said they were posted, but they were not actually there). And the reason this happened is that I have a static IP address, so some CL bot or another was logging the same IP for the three accounts, and ghosting my posts - and that's what I know [​IMG])

Cheers!

Morgana
  11. turbopugsleylx

turbopugsleylx New Member

Ok now I have figured out why my craigslist ads are not posting....Guys what can I do changes or variations wise to get my ads on there in open eyes...I have tried posting on the jobs section but it is all ghosting....how many ads can you get away with before they ghost you? Also what about posting in other cities? any tips would help!
  12. traverus_travel

traverus_travel New Member

I'm posting, but I find that my ads get flagged alot, they are posted in the biz opp section so I wonder what I may be doing wrong?
  13. angelyze

angelyze New Member

I have great success on craigslist.
    I post to 7 cities per day, all the same job ad.
    I get flagged on some, not on others.
    Its a chance, but some days I dont get flagged at all.
    I have been doing it for 3 weeks now, all the same ad.
    I have 135 member signups with over 100 dowlines.
    Does anyone know of any other sites similar to cl?
    Ive tried olx & backpage, but they are very strict & only allow 1 at a time.
  14. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

traverus_travel: I'm posting, but I find that my ads get flagged alot, they are posted in the biz opp section so I wonder what I may be doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong.

Craigslist was designed to be a Local classified site. Any ad that is nationwide or considered spam will be flagged by users.

You need to keep at it and try to make your ad enticing enough for people to click, but subdued enough to not get flagge right away.

Any national ad campaign will have some posts flagged though. There are some CL users that pride themselves with flagging ads and have nothing else better to do.

Also, you might have competitors flagging ads as well.
  15. pcwork

pcwork New Member

How do you manage to post 7 ads? If I post more than 4 ads , I get the message posting limit exceeded.
  16. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

pcwork: How do you manage to post 7 ads? If I post more than 4 ads , I get the message posting limit exceeded.

Are you using the same email address and ams CL account?
  17. TaraM

TaraM New Member

I use CL but with very minimal results. I'm going to continue reading here to see if there is something I'm missing. Thanks.
  18. mellin

mellin Member

For those of you who post with different email accounts, did you have to set up a different Craigslist account for each different email account?

Also, beware, I have a home child care business, and someone tried to scam me through my Craigslist ad. They were from another country, wanted to pay me ahead of time, were sending me $4000 from which I was supposed to cash and keep $1000, then send back the other $3000. Needless to say, if this check shows up at my door, I'm delivering it straight to my local police department.

Melissa
  19. justlikethat

justlikethat New Member

I have looked at CL but it kind of intimidated me![​IMG] I looked at some ads to get an idea of how I should post but I'm still lost!
    Thanks for this post though...makes me want to try and see if I can it it!