Is it really possible?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by D1669, Sep 12, 2007.

1. D1669 New Member

Hi my name is Dan ,
    I just joined this forum today after looking online for business oppotunities for the past 3 days. Is it really possible to make a living and create your own hours from home? I know eveyone has crazy stories to get rich which would be nice. All I really want is to be able to make a decent living while being able to take of my house and wife, widowed sister-in-law with 2 young kids(which are my heart and soul) and her house and my mothers house. I do all of this now but is getting harder and harder everyday to keep up with a full time job that has crazy hours. I guess I am looking for a way to pull it all off. Any real advice would be greatly apprieciated. I have no extra income to invest at this moment.
  2. pcwork New Member

You can make a decent living working from home, it depends on your skills and how much effort you are willing to put in
  3. opendomain New Member

Hi and welcome.
    Yes it can be done, no it wont happen overnight. Most people see the adds for retiring overnight and making 10k in a day... odds are that's not going to happen in the first year or two. It could but not likely. If you bank on that you'll most likely be upset after a month. You definately have to put work in. I have a free option you can check out if you want more information just send me a PM or you can email me
    [email protected]
  4. Hemjoe New Member

Dependant on the skills you have at the moment you may have to take a learning curve before making the money you hope to make but dependent on the help you get and the time and work you put in this may not be a problem.
  5. workathomeJoe New Member

Hey Dan,

Simple answer, Yes. Its possible. The internet would not exists as it does today if people were not able to generate income. Sure there were original investers that helped bring it main stream, but today people are usine it to make money. Thats how google makes so much with adwords.

Making money in the business world has two requirements. Number one: Add value to the market place. Number Two: Have that value discovered.

If your anything like I am, you probably feel like there is this huge thing going on in the world today. People making money from home, getting rich, aoutomated income streams and all that.

The majority of people ignore that suspision and continute on in the job they hate. Its reported 97% of americans hate their jobs!

So Dan, Be a Minority. Take small steps in a new direction. You will only find options.
  6. netresult New Member

Quoting: D1669All I really want is to be able to make a decent living while being able to take of my house and wife, widowed sister-in-law with 2 young kids(which are my heart and soul) and her house and my mothers house.

What does that mean?

An internet business is essentially no different to any other. Offer a product or service which people want. That means buying in, adding your mark-up, possibly adding value (recommended) and reselling!

I'm sorry, there is no alternative - you can not make money from nothing! We'd all be doing it, wouldn't we?

Steer clear of MLM rubbish, too many heartbreaking stories on all business forums.
  7. D1669 New Member

Netresult,
    I am not looking to make something from nothing. But I can't afford 1 of those heartbreak stories you refer to. I was looking at affiliate marketing to begin then after having a little extra cash be able to invest to build a business and make a living. That's what it means. Sorry if I was not clear enough. Thanks for the comments to those that I belive understood.
  8. D1669 New Member

Is Wealthy Affiliates a reputable operation and can it help a true begginer. I am not totally stupid and have some skills and could probably put in atleast 3-5 hours spread across the day to start.
  9. workathomeJoe New Member

Hey,

Another Idea. I've done this too. Is there anything that you do already that you spend money on and enjoy. For example, take vitamins, because their are mlm companies that sell them. You would learn a great deal and make some money too.

As for the heart break stories that people create. Number one. Develope a budget. Pick a number that your willing to spend every month, no matter what for two years. After two years evaluate. This is assuming you pick a number like twenty or thirty bucks. You will likely have a team of people who are looking for something just like you. you will be relatable to them, you will build credibility in two years and be in a place were you can earn big i.e, A living worse case scenario.

Six months into it lets say you earn 800 bucks. Great! Now don't get all excited and start buying google adds and all that. Commit to a plan and don't change your mind. Everyone may try and convince you otherwise but don't, becouse you made the decision. Success is quick to decide and slow to change its mind.

I Know a guy who may help you, he helped me his name is tom munson. goggle it. I think he has a couple mlm companies he has always been a straight shooter with me. I'm not involved in his business but we talk. He did show me a business called veretekk. I learned quite a bit about seo in the training. It was free, with an option to upgrade. Tom is low pressure and I like that.

My point is this though. Make your financial and business decisions based on logic. Not fear and not excitement. Don't put yourself in a position you don't want to be in. But in a spot where you can say I learned a lot, or I made good money with that. Read the book who move my cheese.
  10. newbie8100 New Member

Sure it is possible. I was just very motivated to be at home with my kids, so I researched and researched genuine work-at-home opportunities. Medical transcription was it for me. It was not too hard to get into or learn. There are some people out there that are earning $75,000 and up doing medical transcription. Just keep looking and researching.
  11. westfam11 Member

Yes it is possible. I currently do medical transcription at home which keeps me home with my kids but I am working on some residual income right now.

You just have to educate yourself and start out by doing. At first I was trying to learn it all before I started, then I decided to just start.

I don't know who said this but "Remember, you don't have to get it perfect, just get it going!"

Just don't give up and keep looking and you will find something that is for you.

Blessings,

Becky
  12. D1669 New Member

Thanks for all your responses. I need to think about it a little more for it is a risk but what in life isn't a risk anymore. Workathomejoe I love what you said here

My point is this though. Make your financial and business decisions based on logic. Not fear and not excitement. Don't put yourself in a position you don't want to be in. But in a spot where you can say I learned a lot, or I made good money with that.

Thanks
    Dan
  13. Trojan9 New Member

I would recommend doing as I do now and I work crazy hours too and travel. Work your full-time job and get into online marketing first, no start up costs just time and a bit of web savvy. Do this business when you have free time and before you know it you will be ready to add more income streams. More streams equals less stress of wondering if money will be coming in. As for not having money to invest, we all say that but the truth is we probably eat out enough times a week or month to have money to invest. I know most people in some way just as in their diet, don't account for the real numbers. You can do this without money, but when you need it for something, there is always money we can get by giving something up. Don't worry about risk, worry about losing time, worry about opportunity costs, and over analyzing. The best thing you could do is pick a stream and start learning the rest will fall into place. I believe to many people convince themselves this is impossible, and give up.
  14. advoc821 New Member

Quoting: D1669My point is this though. Make your financial and business decisions based on logic. Not fear and not excitement. Don't put yourself in a position you don't want to be in. But in a spot where you can say I learned a lot, or I made good money with that.

Hi Dan! You have the right track of mind. You'll just need the right program to guide you.

Check the threads in this forum to find what you think will fit in your present schedule and "lifestyle" (seems to me you've got a lot on your hands) right now.

Good luck! Work Hard, Play Hard! [IMG]
  15. getagrip Gold Member

It is definately possible, but you have to find the right learning resources, and avoid scams. If you find a program online that you are interested in, make sure to ask a qeustion about it in this forum, and make sure to get multiple opinions. Having said that, Wealthy Affiliate is a good program to start out with, and you will find loads of positive feedback for it on this website.
  16. Hemjoe New Member

This forum is a great resource and it was reading posts within this forum that gave me the confidence to purchase a make money online product. I agree with getagrip that using a one of these programs does really help as it speeds up the process of learning as everything is there in front of you.
  17. twnuck New Member

Hey Dan, yes it's possible to make a great living online but you have to spend time learning everything you can. Remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint.

The reason most people don't succeed online is that they expect instant riches and quit in 30 days when they don't get them. Find a proven plan, budget some money every month that you are going to spend towards your education and later your advertising budget and finally, make a commitment that you WON"T QUIT.

BTW, this board is a great place to spend time learning about the world of online business.

Welcome,
    Todd
  18. Solomonhuey New Member

As other have said, it is possible. Some people start making thousands of dollars their first month, while others take many years, but if you truly want to succeed and are willing to work hard AND smart, the odds are in your favor. [IMG]
  19. aldanson New Member

you know what it is possible. Its just hard to weed out the scams and to find the right program for you. I have a full time job myself and I bought into some data entry programs. I used the information the provided and it worked for me. Only thing is the 1st month I was working on the data program for hours and hours creating blogs. Since that first month though I have been earning steady about 1000 extra cash. I only work about 20 min a day and it gets be by. Its all up to your dedication.
  20. advoc821 New Member

Quoting: aldansonyou know what it is possible. Its just hard to weed out the scams and to find the right program for you. I have a full time job myself and I bought into some data entry programs. I used the information the provided and it worked for me. Only thing is the 1st month I was working on the data program for hours and hours creating blogs. Since that first month though I have been earning steady about 1000 extra cash. I only work about 20 min a day and it gets be by. Its all up to your dedication.

Hi Aldanson!

I checked your lense. From these data entry jobs which one are you a member of?

I checked the web colleagues and the pay chart shown looks similar to the clickbank pay chart. Does it has something to do with affiliate marketing?