Is it really that easy to make money online?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by trueyo, Aug 18, 2011.

1. haiden New Member

[IMG] I am actually.. Catholic. I came here from Ireland when I was just 12. Though it has its own troubles (America), I'd e no better off back there. People are leaving all the time, sadly. For now I am , eh, not too ad, could e worse. I am lucky to have family that understands, and who I have helped much, so they are helping me. I do not feel *too* bad about the lack of work, because I have given several years, a very nice apartment, and great emotional support to them.

One of the main reasons I wish to do this is because for too long (from the point of view of my age), I have worked too hard , expecting to use more muscle than mind. And God gave me this amazingly beautiful imagination, and NEED to learn, and the compassion to share any knowledge I acquire along this fantastic journey. This is why I have this deep desire to do more than just stack bricks. Not to say that work is beneath me, that would just e ignorant. But again, I just wish to do something that inspires me to do better.

Much appreciated, Angie.

p.s. I will look into this programme, and see if I can put away money over time. As for Christmas, it's not really my thing. Well, the materialistic side anyway. [IMG]
  2. happywife Gold Member

haiden: One of the main reasons I wish to do this is because for too long (from the point of view of my age), I have worked too hard , expecting to use more muscle than mind. And God gave me this amazingly beautiful imagination, and NEED to learn, and the compassion to share any knowledge I acquire along this fantastic journey. This is why I have this deep desire to do more than just stack bricks. Not to say that work is beneath me, that would just be ignorant. But again, I just wish to do something that inspires me to do better.

Much appreciated, Angie.
    You're most welcome! It's wonderful to be able to use your own unique knowledge and gifts to help others. It makes your work a joy.

I'm very pleased that your family is being supportive, particularly since you have been supportive of them in the past.

I look forward to hearing how you progress in the future. Do keep me posted. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  3. fchavez New Member

It depends on what you mean by easy! You have to be willing to invest time and money in order to be successful and you have to be willing to have patience. Nothing comes overnight.
  4. Gen1 New Member

Yes, it is possible to make money online, but like every business, it does take effort and work.

It is a shame that there are so very many "Get Rich Quick" scams out there waiting to nab some unsuspecting newbie into some online scheme. Of course, they don't work. They're desperados.

But on-line marketing does take skill and knowledge and I agree with Angie, you have to find a reliable ethical system that suits you and that you understand how it works.

I've used before a "business- in-a-box" system and that is the worst thing for a newbie - you're just doing stuff without any understanding why and with no idea of the implications. It's not worth the money. In the end you just give up as you've not learned a thing.

Take heart, Halden, you'll be fine once you find a system that actually teaches you in plain English what to do. I've been there too - lost in the web with zero idea of what's going on, spent a minor fortune, wasted my time and now I actually have a couple of decent sites.

If I can do it, anyone can.

Good luck!

Warmest
    Gen
  5. The key to success on the internet is traffic. You must have traffic in order for any program to work. In order to get traffic, you need great content written to the best of your abilities, you need search engine optimized (seo) keywords selected specifically to drive traffic to your site, and you need backlinks, preferably dofollow backlinks, pointing to your website and website pages from other sites, demonstrating to Google and other search engines that other websites acknowledge that you have good information on your site.

If you do not drive relevant traffic to your site, no matter what you do, you will not have a successful business. It takes time and effort to drive traffic to your site. So this requires laser focus on your part to commit to doing the things necessary to achieve that goal. [IMG]
  6. robinincarolina Silver Member

To Haiden, why would you think it is wrong to profit from sharing your knowledge? I think it's pretty common to feel guilt for charging for our services. I know once upon a time I did. That is until I realized my guilt stemmed from some belief that was drilled in my head that just wasn't true.

What if though, your knowledge greatly improved the life of another? Doesn't that hold value? Why wouldn't people be happy to pay for your service or advice? Is it about them when you really think about it or is it more about you and how you value things?

I pay a woman $200 per month right now for personal coaching. She is worth every penny. She knows she is worth it. She is making a difference in the lives of others and there is nothing at all wrong with making money from this.
  7. haiden New Member

Mmhm, social conditioning can e quite despicable. I'm quite over it now, though.

Sigh. I have been going over ideas most of the evening. Actually, most of the week. There may be a problem with what I wish to do. It's that my head, it will not let go of ideas. Motivation, it is lacking.

It may be the issue of self-doubt. I swear it feels as though I've got a brick wall right in my face. :/

I did happen to run across a very good site, another for advice. It has a plethora of very, very good ideas. Built up by years of experience. I came to the conclusion it was this pesky doubt after getting several of those "Ah ha!" moments. Also, it does not help that I've not all that much to offer, as far as relevant information.One thing I must learn to do, is to use that fear of failure, and turn it into motivation.

What I wished to do was just start blogging, wordpress or whatever, to get some practice. Build up a following perhaps, and then go from there. Generate something from ads, etc. Of course this would take quite a while. That much I know. EH, I've just got a lot of thinking to do, lots, and LOTS of researching. thank you for the responses.
  8. robinincarolina Silver Member

EFT or Emotional Freedom Techniques broke through my brick wall in just days. Unlocked fears that would have taken a therapist years to do. I am a true believer in this technique.
  9. aw1219 New Member

I think that you can make money online. I am not saying that everyon will make millions but I do believe there is opportunity to earn extra income and increase your earning by incorporating marketing strategies from others who have been successful online. It does take some time, patience, and a lot of hard work. But if you are determined and don't give up, you can make money online.