Is Medical Transcribing for me??

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by mpassmore, Dec 4, 2008.

1. mpassmore

mpassmore New Member

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting a topic and I really need some help. I have been looking through all the topics and I have not really found the answer that I'm looking for.

I have been looking for a work at home job and was offered a job as a medical transcriber (I have no experience). The job states that they will train me. I would have to pay around $500 for their time and software so before paying such a big amount of money I am hoping to get a question answered.

Here is my problem..I'm not very good with grammar and I was wondering if anyone could let me know how much grammar plays a roll in Medical Transcribing.

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have never done medical transcribing ,myself but I know that people are doing it and over at the wahm.com forum there is more of that if you want to go ask over there...

From what I understand - after your training is completed, you will have to find a dr to work for and that is often the stickler....

3. mpassmore

mpassmore New Member

OK thanks so much. I will go check out the other forum

4. MedTranHome

MedTranHome New Member

Yes, you need good grammar to be an MT, but you can learn that... just brush up on it, get some good reference books.

The course that you're referring to isn't a good MT course, however.

There are many MT jobs. If you graduate from a good course, MT employers will often overlook their work experience requirements for a newbie.