Is MLM Dead?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by web20mentor, Apr 25, 2008.

1. sasaminic

sasaminic New Member

Hello Danny,

Unfortunatelly, MLM does not work as it used to. I have been a member of many of them, and i remember times when it was much easier to attract new downline.

The point is in saturation and information overload. People don't know anymore what works and what doesn't, what to join and what to void, what is their own key for success..

Generally, Internet and network marketing, and especially MLM, is not that sweet money. Finding another one niche is a matter of choice. This is what majority of successful marketers recommend.
  2. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

There is never a shortage of people looking to expand their income. The key is to offer people a product or service they already use, so you are not trying to sell someone something they do not perceive to already need. You need to then either beat in price or service.

Selling MLM in this economy is a lot easier than the big ticket bus oppty stuff. A lot of that will disappear soon with some of the new laws coming out protecting consumers. But MLM's that offer a legit product or service will thrive more in the next 5 years. Now is as good a time as any to start to build a huge residual income.

Chris
  3. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

ibuzzmentor
    I quite agree with you Chris. Now is the best time to start to build a huge residual income. There are so many people out there looking for an opportunity. The only problem is that it seems that every opportunity there is to make money -wants you to dish out some first - and then............ well, maybe you will and maybe you won't make money after all.

I have been very sceptical about any company that asks me to part with even as little as a dollar upfront. If they are doing so well, why do they need my dollar? To date I have found only one legit company that actually gives you much more than it promises, without so much as a cent from you - sure, it does not promise to make me rich overnight. In fact, it does not promise that I will get rich at all. All it does is that it gives me a solid opportunity, to build and grow rich - while giving me Free Training, Free Support, Free Websites and Gateways, and so much more for free. In fact it is even Free to Join - and the amount that I have learned in the last 2 and a half-months, blows me away. Had I done a University course to learn all that I would have paid a fortune for it.

So for those of you out there who are looking for opportunities on the net, look for those few businesses who give you freebies - till you are able to build enough under you to earn an income.[​IMG]
  4. Dbldiamond54

Dbldiamond54 New Member

Well I have been involved in Amway, Phone Card schemes, even Primerica which is backed by Citigroup and a number of other ones. And it always ends up the same, it sounds good to you and you might get someone recruited but you always seem to find yourself doing everything for them because they see you are obsessed with it and get partly involved but just so they can keep tabs in case you do make it. Though they don't understand that you can't make it unless they get as serious as you and make it. So personally depending on others for my success is out of the question any more. There are always little fad groups that pop up but disappear as quick as they pop up. Pay structures for MLMs always sound great and for some people that get in early when a fad group sprouts do make good money but it plateaus and then fades back out. But just like winning the lottery we are creatures of habit and we will always place our bet and hope that this is the one. This is the one that will do it and make me rich this time around. Just being Honest.
  5. christinec

christinec New Member

I think MLM will continue to thrive. As the Economy continues to pare down the job market people will look to something they can do online. We are also entering the largest retiree market and the boomers will want to maintain a productive lifestyle. With the Internet MLM has never been easier- meaning more automated no mtgs to drive to etc. You only need a laptop and phone. MLM is the last low risk biz for the general population and with the Internet the world is your customer base.
  6. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

You are absolutely right. MLM is here to stay --- thanks to the DeVos brothers - it only gets bigger and better all the time. Today's retirees, myself included, want to travel and see the world and do things that earlier they may not have been able to do. It all takes money and flexibility of location and only the internet can allow that. Retirees today are still young at heart and not wanting to stay stagnant - what better way than this to achieve all they want. [​IMG]
  7. ritam

ritam New Member

Hi I am new to this forum and came across your posts. I don't think MLM is dying at all it is just being recreated. Interesting I just listened to a training and the guru mentioned that people should not abandon traditional methods of MLM because some of those skills can still be used in combo with all the new tech stuff. Does anyone remember Big AL? He said to use any method you can to build a huge front line and then find a duplicatable system for your recruits and find out what kind of people they are and offer them a system that works for them. Makes it a more a custom fit then expecting everyone to do business exactly the same.
    Thank you all for your info, Maurita in California