Is this a bad idea?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by bratjeannie, Jul 5, 2009.

1. bratjeannie

bratjeannie New Member

So, for you seasoned West workers, I have a question. I know that this is typically a hit and miss situation, but I was wondering if anyone that resigned from DR got invited to do another skill soon after?

I have been working for about 4 weeks, and I was 1 ranking, in the hall of fame for customer compliments, and also was doing well. But I got my feedback and was murdered! I had a lady refuse to listen to the Walmart gift card script because she had already signed up for that a year ago and was frauded (big surprise). And on an upsell, someone said, "no,no,no I don't want that" so I typed N and went to next annoying upsell, but got hammered for that in my feedback. Ugh. Why can't 1 no be enough? [​IMG]

Anyway, really wanting to drop DR. Just don't have the guts for it. I know a lot of you don't mind it and do so well. I honestly think my 3 customer compliments happened because I wasn't cramming things down their throat like I was supposed to. LOL. How ironic...

So, what do you think? Any advice? I am afraid to resign since it is my only skill, but hoping an praying for another one is useless. Would you drop this if you were me or endure it until another comes?

2. kikidee

kikidee New Member

I endured DR 10 months. Even though I had great stats and positive feedbacks, I too have been "coached" several times for not reading the bypass statement even though a customer clearly only wanted the original offer. I finally had enough and just resigned from the skill. I have had several other skills (E**Q and F*C)which were both temporary but well paying. I also signed up for LN in December but available hours became so scarce that West changed the minimum month requirement to one hour. The only positive about DR is that there are consistent hours available and it is permanent. I hope to receive an invite for a new skill but I am not holding my breath.

3. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

well, if u resing. maybe u get an offer soon, but maybe not!!
    right now is a lot a agents waiting for a new skill invitation, because west is closing 4 skills, actually 3 of those r close, so is a lot a agents wairing for the invitation, if im you , i dont resing. yet because io prefer to wait until west establish the situation!.
    But u can resing. anyway west would send you a new invitation, but i dont know how long can take!. if u r lucky soon!