Is this place legit?

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by RachelP1024, Nov 14, 2009.

1. RachelP1024

RachelP1024 New Member

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I would say it is a scam as I don't think you have to pay to do surveys... but I may be wrong.

3. mlynn

mlynn Member

I have to agree with mountainmom5 - never pay anyone to take paid surveys! They are not a paid survey site, they are charging you a membership fee for accessing their database/list of survey companies.
    No need to pay such info, since there are many good and free lists out there, or with some effort you can find them yourself.

4. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

If you were seriously wanting to find a paid to fill surveys site, just use cashcrate.com I hear a decent bit of things about it, no personal experience with it though.

Be warned about any company that offers a way to make money online if it comes into your inbox when you did not request it. Scams are propagated that way.

5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Its your typical paid surveys site - not necesarily a scam, and the information isn't necesarily false, but making money with paid surveys isn't easy as it is made out to be. I spend a lot of time and effort on paid surveys, and only earned about $5 for my efforts. I've also done a lot of online research about paid surveys companies, and it is very common for people to say they got ripped off when they paid money to join a paid surveys site...and many people who don't pay any money to do paid surveys state that it was a waste of time for them.

6. happygal

happygal Member

No. If they are asking you to pay a fee... and if he is talking about making $3,000 taking surveys each month, they are not honest. I tend to be considered as one who "does well" with surveys and a great month is $900.

And I am the first to admit my experience is rare.

Don't pay to join a survey site.

7. mlynn

mlynn Member

RachelP1024: http://www.paidstudentsurveys.com/

I got an email for this at my school email. It's beyond me how they got my email. I'm thinking it's a scam. Anyone know about it?
    This site is absolutely NOT a paid survey site. Read here (quote from the site):

In return of a very reasonable one-time membership fee of $39.95 US Dollars you receive access to an extensive and constantly updated database of companies that pay them for participation in different on-line research activities

8. mountainmom5: I would say it is a scam as I don't think you have to pay to do surveys.
    You are not being charged by them to take surveys, they state:

In return of a very reasonable one-time membership fee of $39.95 US Dollars you receive access to an extensive and constantly updated database of companies that pay them for participation in different on-line research activities.

9. happygal

happygal Member

But you are being charged to obtain a list. And that you can get for free elsewhere.

10. SmittyX

SmittyX New Member

I agree with most everyone here, I think the only real way to make money with these sites is ether to be a affiliate of the site, or be the owner of the site. From what I understand if you can drive desperate traffic and I mean lots & lots of traffic, you can make a good buck with such sites, however if you can drive that kind of traffic, why not drive it to something of value, so that you gain long term relationships.

11. choon01

choon01 New Member

This is something you can yourself. Simply what it does is give you huge lists of survey sites. But this is something you can do yourself like I said, simply go to google and search for survey. There are a whole lot of survey sites out there..and they are all free to sign up!

12. choon01

choon01 New Member

oo forgot to add, yes people get your email. I wonder how myself too. But that has alot to do with everything that you sign up on the internet. You might have fill out a form somewhere along the line asking for make money online or something. And yes, these people do sell your email. Which kind of sux, but I guess thats how it works. So when you sign up for a free lead for example, haha.. You have just become one of the leads that they will give away to others.

This survey stuff isn't a scam by the way. When you pay that one time fee, they will give you access to lists of survey sites. So if you are not willing to do your homework, then simply paying. This to me is not a scam. These survey companies do pay you.

From experience...

13. happygal

happygal Member

But really, there are plenty of people, including several of us right here in this forum who have already done the "homework" for you. We have sifted through the sites, identified the good ones and happily put our lists, experiences, thoughts, and recommendations out there for free.

14. twnuck

twnuck New Member

I agree with happygal. Many people on this forum have done the "leg work" and have given their honest reviews of real programs. I would not waste my time (or money) on anything that hasn't been confirmed here.

15. SuriB

SuriB New Member

InstantCashSweepstakes is 100% legit! They give away cash daily and have a drawing for $50 every week. You win by answering fun surveys. You get lottery tickets toward the weekly drawing. No spam!!! Also, invite your friends because when your friends win, you get a matching prize. They pay by PayPal really quick and you can also write surveys! They are part of a market research site and are trying to build a legit consumer database. You have to be 18, tho.

16. happygal: But you are being charged to obtain a list. And that you can get for free elsewhere.

There is nothing wrong with being charged for a service. Read this thread - Which are the highly reccommended paying survey sites?! - Page 2

happygal: But really, there are plenty of people, including several of us right here in this forum who have already done the "homework" for you. We have sifted through the sites, identified the good ones and happily put our lists, experiences, thoughts, and recommendations out there for free.

twnuck: I agree with happygal. Many people on this forum have done the "leg work" and have given their honest reviews of real programs. I would not waste my time (or money) on anything that hasn't been confirmed here.
    Happygal and twnuck, your points have been brought up in the past over here - Which are the highly reccommended paying survey sites?! - Page 2 and you can see my reply to the argument.

17. happygal

happygal Member

Right, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Mine is just that there are plenty of free lists that you can find out there online of great surveys. Paying for one doesn't necessarily it will be any better (and it might be worse)

18. getpaidtotry

getpaidtotry Guest

If they ask any payment fromyou for taking survey then it is for sure a scam. I would advise you not to go for it.

19. getpaidtotry: If they ask any payment fromyou for taking survey then it is for sure a scam. I would advise you not to go for it.
    Is asking for money in return for information a scam?
    InfoUSA sells contact information, if you do the research yourself you can get it for free. Are they also a scam?

20. trailmixx

trailmixx New Member

mountainmom5

The person asking for your money is going to give you a list of websites that pay you for taking surveys, viewing advertising, and giving your opinion about marketing new products. You can spend time finding out this information for yourself for free, or you can pay him for the list. If the list is good, he has saved you some time and headache, and possibly directed you to a place you never would have discovered. If the list is not good, then yes, it's a scam.