Is WAH right for me? What is best position?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by Southbamamom, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Southbamamom

Southbamamom New Member

First off .. I am new here and WOW I wish knew about this forum years ago.. LOVE IT .. Very helpful!

OK..
    I am a mother of 2 (3yrs and 4mo.s). I am wanting to get into a job that allows me to make extra money from home. I can do 10-30 hours, but I am wondering if WAH would be a good fit for me? I dont know how well I can do the phone thing.. when i get stressed I tend to stumble over my words. I think I am getting better with that though. I would prefer a not so stressful position (if there is one HA HA). I have been reading the threads and comments about pros and cons and doing my research.. Im hoping for some help from some current or former employees.

Would you recommend this job?
    If so what position?

Thanks SO much for all your help!!
    South Bama Mom

2. energy4142

energy4142 New Member

It has been a good company for me to make extra money. I was not used to working on phones and was truly nervous about it. However with the training they help you to know what to say in variouse situations. My job is customer service so when the customer calls my greeting comes up and I find out what they want and help them. So it is not bad. It is good you can do 10-30 hours a week because they generally want 10-15 a week on some projects, but there is a minimum monthly requirement to stay on your project.

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome SouthBamaMom! I have never done West so I don't have any advice except that when I had looked into it, they wanted a quiet background and with 5 kids at the time, I could not promise that except in the wee hours of the morning... and I dearly like my sleep so I didn't pursue it... [​IMG]