Isn't against Clickbank's rules to buy a product you're promoting?

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by showmestate, Feb 2, 2009.

1. showmestate

showmestate New Member

I have read in some of the posts here references about being able to get a product you're promoting almost free because you're promoting the product. That's against Clickbank's terms of agreement, aren't people highly risking losing their clickbank account? Or was this something that Clickbank allowed awhile back but has updated their rules since?

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You can't get it free, but you can order with your own link. However, Clickbank won't release a check to you until you have had at least 5 sales under your account - I'll qoute what Clickbank has to say about this:

"Unless an account contains sales from made with 5 or more different credit card numbers, including at least one Visa card, and one MasterCard, our system will not generate a check for that account (even if the balance has met or exceeded the payment preference). PayPal purchases do not count toward the minimum."

3. showmestate

showmestate New Member

So, let me make sure I am understanding this. If we want to try a product we're promoting, we can buy it through our Clickbank affiliate link and Clickbank won't have a problem with this? I understand not getting it free and having to have sales with 5 or more different credit card numbers prior to receiving a check.
    But, I thought we weren't suppose to buy products that we were promoting via our Clickbank link (to get the discount).

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

showmestate: So, let me make sure I am understanding this. If we want to try a product we're promoting, we can buy it through our Clickbank affiliate link and Clickbank won't have a problem with this?

Correct.

showmestate: But, I thought we weren't suppose to buy products that we were promoting via our Clickbank link (to get the discount).

Incorrect. Clickbank just doesn't want people buying through their own links for the SOLE PURPOSE of getting the discount - that's one of the reasons why Clickbank has the 5 purchase rule in place as described above - because they want you to promote their products to real customers, not just sign up to get a discount.

On that note, you won't really benefit from getting the discount until they pay you - and they won't do that until you have the 5 sales from different people. You have to pay full price up front...

5. dunotra

dunotra New Member

getagrip: "Unless an account contains sales from made with 5 or more different credit card numbers, including at least one Visa card, and one MasterCard, our system will not generate a check for that account (even if the balance has met or exceeded the payment preference). PayPal purchases do not count toward the minimum."
    So no mater how many product's I sell 1 or 10 or 100 if thay are all paid for by paypal I will not be able to cash out.
    Am I right

6. WealthyWAHM

WealthyWAHM Member

dunotra: So no mater how many product's I sell 1 or 10 or 100 if thay are all paid for by paypal I will not be able to cash out.
    Am I right
    That is correct, dunotra. There have to be verified credit card purchases made.

7. dunotra

dunotra New Member

WealthyWAHM: That is correct, dunotra. There have to be verified credit card purchases made.
    Thanks Christy

I'm very new to clickbank...so if I go for high price products then thay will use there credit cards so thay have credit Protection from there card if thay pay by Visa or Mastercard.

But what happen's if thay use there card and go thow paypal...do's it still count as a paypal payment or a card payment.

Sorry about the speling but it is 4am and I'ev had a few beer's

8. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

If they pay with Paypal, no matter what card they are using, it ONLY counts as a Paypal transaction...so unfortuantely, you just have to wait until you qualify with their TOS before they will send you a check. On that note, go out and market some products! [​IMG]

9. WealthyWAHM

WealthyWAHM Member

dunotra: I'm very new to clickbank...so if I go for high price products then thay will use there credit cards so thay have credit Protection
    from there card if thay pay by Visa or Mastercard.

In general, I find that more people use a credit card than paypal anyway, so meeting the criteria shouldn't be as hard as it sounds. [​IMG]

It's not really the cost of the product that I find has the biggest impact on whether they use paypal or a credit card, but rather the "topic" of the product.

I promote a bit of everything- marketing related products (stuff that other marketers might buy) as well as everyday niche products (stuff non-marketers would buy- like diet and home improvement related products). People that search for the non-marketing products seem more likely to use a credit card for purchase which I would attribute to the fact that they may not make many transactions online and therefore don't have a paypal account.

Anyway, that's a personal finding... I'm not sure what sort of niche you wish to target, but figured that info might be helpful to you or anyone else looking to market clickbank products. [​IMG]

Best of luck! [​IMG]

10. dunotra

dunotra New Member

Thank's for your advice all has been note'd I have made a start so we will see where it go's from here..... thanks again

Paul

11. dlozen

dlozen New Member

Clickbank requires at least 5 other credit card entries before they will pay yopu for ANYTHING. Just to make sure that you havem;'t set up an account in order to buy the products at your discounted rate. I accidentally purchased a program when I was just starting out. and Click bank held the affilliate payment until I had 5 other credit card entries...

I think that is a Fair Policy... You eventually get your money you just have to wait for it.

12. garygoh

garygoh New Member

getagrip: Incorrect. Clickbank just doesn't want people buying through their own links for the SOLE PURPOSE of getting the discount - that's one of the reasons why Clickbank has the 5 purchase rule in place as described above - because they want you to promote their products to real customers, not just sign up to get a discount.

On that note, you won't really benefit from getting the discount until they pay you - and they won't do that until you have the 5 sales from different people. You have to pay full price up front...
    Well explained. I didn't know that's the real reason why they require 5 sales from different people in order to get my first check.