I've found myself on an island called the internet....

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by justflint1, Nov 9, 2009.

1. justflint1

justflint1 New Member

As I've said, I have found myself on an island called the internet, and I need to survive. Times are tough and I am growing weary. There are so many scams out there and I am cautious, been wandering around feeling more lost than ever before......anyone out there with a helping hand to point me in the right direction, please. I would greatly appreciate it. My philosophy in life has always been,"it's in the giving that I receive", I hope to pass on what I learn here too. Thanks
  2. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Study SEO and use it to promote you affiliate sites like squidoo, blogger, and hubpages.
  3. yahia

yahia Member

OK, I have been there and I know how dark it is .... just don't do like I did ... focus on only one thing and master it.

From all of the scams and stuff that you went through and found yourself lost, you must have got an idea about the online business models. Pick one that interests you the most ... let's say Adsense sites. Then study this business model, and this business model alone. Nothing Else. OK?

After you, for the sake of the example, build a website or a blog, apply for Google Adsense program and get approved, learn how to maximize your click through rate by positioning and coloring and stuff, and how to search for the profitable keywords ... put for yourself a plan with a number of projects. Say it takes you one week to build a website or a blog, get it indexed, and finish the back-linking process. Make a list of niches that you'll be building sites around, one for each week.

Then .. Do It.

If you get the first project done ... you are out of the bottle. Do it again and again until you build your Adsense empire or until you start feeling bored and can not take adsense anymore.

Just an example.
  4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I agree.

After careful research, focus one one thing. One plan, one program.

After some time and experience, you will have the ability to focus on more than one project at a time.

Then, things become really fun!

Try to be patient with yourself, and ask a lot of questions.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Have you found any island survival tools yet?[​IMG]
  6. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Fear of the water is conquered by jumping in and learning to swim.

Fear cannot over take you if your desire to succeed is greater.

You may stumble and fall but just get back up. There is no one business for everyone, but there is one thing that is consistent. You will need to learn how to market your business/website. If you engage in offline marketing and online marketing, and commit to your marketing plan you can find success in the home business you decided to pursue.

Know that all business opportunities look good. They are suppose too or who would take an interest. Those that commit to learning the techniques to drive consistent quality traffic to their website find success.