Just buy leads,sell and chase your friends ??

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by mentoru2success, Jan 6, 2009.

1. mentoru2success

mentoru2success New Member

Hello all.
    It would be cool to have a thread that actually shares with other people coming into this folder exactly how to succeed. Many sponsors would say
    "just to buy leads" or "chase your friends or neighbors". I believe this is a big part of so many failing in network marketing and online in general. The other is that people quit too soon because of the learning curve that is needed for everyone.
    I have had people say "what does marketing have to do with their business." It just gos to show you what I was talking about. So I would like to share some ways to have targeted people chasing you instead of you being the chaser. The coolest part is that you could market this way for the price a Hershey's bar.

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Could you share some of those ways here for the sake of everyone? [​IMG]

I am not doing the leads thing anymore as I found other ways to do it myself with ebook marketing, but would love to hear what you have to share on it.

3. mentoru2success

mentoru2success New Member

Attraction Marketing.
    Attraction marketing is more about you than it is about your site or product.
    It is about how you hold your self online. If you master Attraction Marketing than you should be the hunted instead of the hunter. Most people promoting their programs add no value to people before they join and sometimes even after they join. When you start adding value to peoples lives before they join they will begin to see you as a leader. I use attraction marketing and have content all over the internet. People searching for answers to common network marketing problems stumble upon the stuff I have everywhere and they call me. When they come to my capture page I am adding value. When they are in my list, I am still adding value. You are scarce commodity if you are actually giving online and people will chase you.
    I am sure that everybody does not do this and rather take than give. If you see someone comment negatively about this post it is because they are one of those people. For everybody else It would be cool to share some of the ways you drive targeted traffic.

Take care
    Dan

4. PMHayes

PMHayes New Member

mentoru2success: I use attraction marketing and have content all over the internet. People searching for answers to common network marketing problems stumble upon the stuff I have everywhere and they call me. When they come to my capture page I am adding value. When they are in my list, I am still adding value. You are scarce commodity if you are actually giving online and people will chase you.
    Dan, I can attest to the strength of what you are saying here. I began offering value, for free, in the form of articles, blog posts, forum posts, etc. some 4-6 months ago. Nothing happened, at first, of course. But then the slow trickle began which built to a downpour. Now, I have people coming to me and I'm not paying a dime for leads. Leads are ok in the beginning, because the new marketer has to have people to talk to. My company is getting ready to launch a Nationally Televised Infomercial, beginning in February. When people see that and remember me from all my attraction marketing efforts, the results are going to be huge!

5. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Never do these things in your MLM business. You will lose your friends.

They may be signing up, but they are not the targeted one. They don't have the interest in building the MLM business. Then you will feel disappointed and frustrated.

No point wasting time on them.

Go out to look for others.

6. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

I am glad I can share business with my friends and family. We have a proactive, take charge of your fitness and health approach. If if they do not purchase anything I can still help them make changes in their lives. All the money in the world means nothing if you don't have your health. I also blog and write articles to get targeted leads but when something is so helpful and positive your friends and family have to be a part of it.

7. Franklin

Franklin New Member

I don't recommend buying leads at all. You see people think that buying leads is the best idea, but look at it this way. When people request information from xyz lead company this leads are sold to multiple people at the same time and by the time you call them they are so frustrated with the high call that they not interested in any opportunity and they are so overwhelmed.

In the other hand when you generate your own leads not only this leads are targeted but this leads contacted you for who you are and what you got to offer. They are willing to listen to you to take your advice in any recommendation, buying from you or joining your opportunity.

What a beauty, when you do this the right. Also talking with family and friends at first is the last thing you should do. Why? Because what kind of business reputation you have with them when all you know is flipping burgers.

Nothing against flipping burgers we all been there but here is a person with no business experience or background telling his buddy about business. This may work with lawyers, doctors, or any other business people. They already have a business reputation. Your friends would come later when you have your automated system in place that can be duplicated. That's the new way of network marketing.

I hope you are getting the point and taking notes. [​IMG]

8. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

mentoru2success: Many sponsors would say
    "just to buy leads
    " or "chase your friends or neighbors"
    That's kind of cartoonish - I doubt anyone would say
    "chase your friends to sign-up" these days... unless
    it's in a country where network marketing is new.

What is the case is that if you run it as a business and
    focus on bringing in associates who are looking for a
    real business you can see big improvements in your
    results and less frustration.

For those who don't know about business - well, there
    is plenty of good information out there about how to
    run a small business. You can just read and glean a lot
    of good stuff.

Buying leads is viable IF you have the training to turn them
    into sales. You can look at Dani Johnson's stuff for specific
    training which focuses a lot on that approach - or if her
    tone or religious bias turn you off there are other good
    sales trainers - Bryan Tracy, Ben Gay III, dozens really -
    and if your direct upline sponsor is not good enough or
    jnfomed-enough to steer you right, go up the chain of
    command until you find somebody in the organization
    who IS a real pro. Most will be willing to help if you are
    sincere in your desire to learn.

9. samda

samda Member

Thats right. To make people chasing you, you need to give the value they need. Once you do this you can see people pouring at you. But this will be hard at first. First you need to make the chase and then people will.

10. mrsonic

mrsonic New Member

Hello,

Buying leads can work if you do it right. Use the common 2-step approach direct mail has been doing for decades.

Contact them, offer to give them free info only. Don't ram an "opportunity" down their throats. Then follow up 5-7 times with postcards (or autoresponder) then call them if they still haven't joined.

Treat it like a real business and it will be one. I used to buy co-registration leads from HomeBizLeadsUSA.com

Dave

11. yangss01

yangss01 New Member

I don't like lead, sell is the king.[​IMG]

12. ScottCofer

ScottCofer Member

PMHayes: Dan, I can attest to the strength of what you are saying here. I began offering value, for free, in the form of articles, blog posts, forum posts, etc. some 4-6 months ago. Nothing happened, at first, of course. But then the slow trickle began which built to a downpour. Now, I have people coming to me and I'm not paying a dime for leads. Leads are ok in the beginning, because the new marketer has to have people to talk to. My company is getting ready to launch a Nationally Televised Infomercial, beginning in February. When people see that and remember me from all my attraction marketing efforts, the results are going to be huge!
    Slam dunk, PMHayes......

By 'moving the free line' and offering quality information at no cost, we position ourselves as unselfish leaders - and by doing so we never have to pay for leads because folks come to us looking for help and guidance.

Best,
    Scott

[Link removed - Admin]

13. 7FigureHelper

7FigureHelper New Member

Buying leads is not the most EFFECTIVE way to build your business.

We all know the answers why too.

1. Cost
    2. Wrong numbers
    3. Tire kickers
    4. People lying
    5. People wondering how you got their info

and the list goes on. There are many that have mastered cold calling. But try telling a newbie this is what they have to do and they won't. It's called FEAR.