Just Joined

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by Kombatkyle, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Kombatkyle

Kombatkyle New Member

Hello all, I just joined tonight at work. I browsed all around and already started the 8 week plan and have read allot of threads. Just allot of info all at once. I am just starting out with no experience in IM at all. I started the Bum Marketing and made some articles to try out. Just wondering where I should go next. I have a good bit of time on my hands because I work 12 am to 8am and can be on the Internet the whole time reading. Any guidance would greatly appreciated.

2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello Kombatkyle,

It is nice to meet you!
    Happy New Year!

I always suggest taking your time with the 8 Week Action Plan.
    You would not need to finish the week's tasks in one week.

Additionally, on your dashboard, there are:
    -Junior
    -Intermediate
    -Senior
    courses..which are the same content as the 8 Week Action Plan.
    This way, you can read ahead if you finish early.

So, all in your own time.
    There are so many members with levels of of experience and talents.

Help is always available.

If you need help, just ask in the forum, and feel free to pm me any time!
    Congratulations!

Victoria
    (NTC) Wealthy Affiliate forum name..

3. fatman

fatman New Member

I agree, there is a lot of stuff to read and it can be confusing at first (information overload). If you take your time though, you can get through it easily. Do what Victoria suggested and go through all the tutorials in the Learning Center, starting with the beginner ones.

Also, I recommend picking either PPC or article marketing and focusing entirely on that to begin with. Then you can go through just those tutorials to save some time, although I would read all of them at some point, because some of the PPC landing page tuts can still be helpful for article marketing.

Remember to take your time and go through all the information at WA, and if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask. There are lots of people that started with no IM experience and have gone through the same path as you.

The WA forum is really good, and there are also many WA members here in this forum. Feel free to post questions in either forum, or PM one of the members. Good luck, and keep us updated with your progress! [​IMG]

4. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Hi Mike,
    Good to see you back in action here in the forum.
    Sonni

5. Kombatkyle

Kombatkyle New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am going to focus on PPC mainly for now. I got a couple of ideas I am going to try later on today.

6. Kombatkyle

Kombatkyle New Member

Sweet when I woke up this afternoon and checked clickbank I had my first two sales and made $105 off of what I just set up this very morning.

7. fatman

fatman New Member

Kyle, let me be the first to congratulate you, that is great work! [​IMG] No IM experience and in less than 5 days you've already made $105. It took me, and many other people, much longer to make that first sale.

You are using PPC, correct? That can be the fastest way to make money, but it can be dangerous if you don't understand it. I tried experimenting with PPC when I first joined...before I understood it all...and lost about $100, so now I stick with free marketing. I'm glad you have found success with it though.

Again, congratulations, and good luck making even more sales! [​IMG]

8. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Fatman strikes again, lol with good advice. I agree if you don't have a solid understanding of PPC you can make a few boo boo's.
    Sonni

9. Kombatkyle

Kombatkyle New Member

Yeah I can see how it can be. I was lucky though only had 11 clicks and 2 sales from it. Checked it again and at 22 clicks and still waiting to see if their were anysales from them.

10. Kombatkyle

Kombatkyle New Member

Just got back from a 3 day cruise to the bahamas and checked my account in clickbank and found that I am at $253.0 in sales and only $48 spent in ppc. [​IMG]

11. VictoriaNTC

That's awesome!

I hope you posted this is the Wealthy Affiliate Success Stories!

Victoria

12. Kombatkyle

Kombatkyle New Member

Just getting ready to read week 2. And I just checked on it again and I could not belive that I am at $300 now. I need to figure out which keywords are getting me the sales and which are just running up the bill. I am now at a $70.00 in PPC. Gonna browse in WA and see if i can find a way to fine tune it a little better.

13. Travis Donner

Travis Donner New Member

Wow, that is some fast success! Congratulations!

Sounds like you have a great attitude in that you are not taking your profits for granted and want to track and refine your campaign.

I'll watch for you in the WA forums. I'm sure you'll make some great contributions. [​IMG]

P.S. That is a great work situation that you can read on the internet all night.

14. chrisbag

chrisbag New Member

Hi Kombatkyle

Are using a direct link or a landing page

Im using a landing page, but its not going to well yet, so i was thinking about trying out the direct link approach.

chrissy

15. rcarney6

rcarney6 New Member

Kombatkyle: when I woke up this afternoon and checked clickbank I had my first two sales and made $105 off of what I just set up this very morning.
    Congratulations!
    That is tremendous!

16. VictoriaNTC

Congratulations!
    See? It all fits together of you stick with the plan!

Victoria

17. footbag_man

footbag_man New Member

Kombatkyle: Hello all, I just joined tonight at work. I browsed all around and already started the 8 week plan and have read allot of threads. Just allot of info all at once. I am just starting out with no experience in IM at all. I started the Bum Marketing and made some articles to try out. Just wondering where I should go next. I have a good bit of time on my hands because I work 12 am to 8am and can be on the Internet the whole time reading. Any guidance would greatly appreciated.

Hi Kyle,

Just keep going with the 8 week program, it get's very advanced very quickly... Leave PPC until you start making money with the free techniques...

Best of luck at WA , it definately is the best place you could be,

Fergal

18. Kombatkyle

Kombatkyle New Member

I started off setting my campaign budget of $5 a day just to try and see what kind of traffic I got. And I was at work at then time so I wasnt able to make a landing page so thoose first sales came from direct links.

Then I branched off and made a review page with 3 similar products. I made that page 2 days ago I get about 30-40 visits a day now to it. Only made 2 sales from it so far so I think I need to refine in it a bit better to get a higher CTR. As for an update I am now at $400 made and $100 spent in PPC. Tonight at work ill try some more lens with squidoo.

19. mr127500

mr127500 New Member

I am not part of your company, but successful in a number of businesses and a lot of the things you are being told in this thread are spot on. Keep your head down and continue with the steps listed and dont look up until you have some money coming in. it will happen.

20. mathieu29

mathieu29 New Member

Hi guys,

first, congratulations Kombatkyle, making money that quick is impressive. I joined WA this week and it's great, full of info, advice...
    The only issue for me is to wait for the next step of the 8 weeks action plan. I have some free time right now but that is not going to last. Thus I want to learn as much as possible as fast as possible.
    I was wondering if one of you guys would be able to send me the 8 weeks action plan. so I can keep working.

Thanks, and good luck everyone.

mathieu