Key to building a successful downline in any MLM

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by coreyjroman, Jul 24, 2005.

1. RayvinAndRob New Member

Hello Abraham,

There is a fifth element you didn't touch on. The rest of your post sounds alot like what my team teaches. I'm curious. I wonder if our team is one and the same?! E-mail me to find out what that fifth pillar is at [email protected] and I'll send it to you. Maybe that will tell us if we're on the same team.

At Your Service!

Rob Nyte
  2. smifro New Member

Corey,

Thanks for the great advice! I had a question, you said to keep your downline motivated. I have a problem, id really like to help my downline succeed, but they wont reply to my emails or ask me any questions or help, so I dont want to bother them by repeatedly emailing.

The company ive joined is free to join, its slighter diff from an MLM, but it has a similar pattern. because its free a lot of people join and dont make much effort. any ideas?
  3. wanda New Member

Some great information here![IMG]

There isnt a day goes by that we don't learn and its great because knowledge is Power!

From talking with alot of people some of the key elements I've found essential to building an MLM are these things.

Not in any particular order!

#1- The Company and Management Team Vision
    #2- A strong product to market
    #3- A good solid Comp Plan
    #4- Upline Support Structure
    #5- Tools and Training
    #6- The building of relationships
    #7- Honest and Trust
    #8 Following Duplication

Good Luck to Everyone!

Wanda
  4. Cenay New Member

Quoting: coreyjromanFor years I had heard a lot about lead sites the sell MLM leads to help build your downline and for years they have been worthless. If you were not purchasing spam you were purchasing leads that had been sold over and over and again and again. Unless your opportunity was unique to the extreme... it just was not worth the money. After receiving several e-mails on this over the last few months I shopped around to see if anything had changed about the market for these. I did some research and decided that with new stiff penalties in place for spamming and the governments lead check policies through parts of the patriot act I would give them a shot... So... I shopped around tried a few sites that offer leads for sale. "Guaranteed to be less than 72 hours old" and "Exclusive One Time Sales Leads" are what I purchased... and to my surprise... They worked.

Knowing that certain lead companies actually supplied leads that really worked, I decided to try the same thing myself. Wow, what an education! Google Adwords, Copywriting, Autoresponders, traffic generation methods and the management of all that info. What I found is with a little pre-planning, some willingness to get your hands "dirty" and extend your knowledge into areas you wouldn't otherwise have approached as proven successful. I am now growing BOTH the product side and the business side using traditional direct response type "marketing". And even if I speak with someone and they elect not to join my organization, I can continue to email them and educate them, and offer tips, tricks and help.

I have learned to "be a servant at heart". The rest will come.
  5. ayalatravel New Member

Successful downlines come from leaders that stay in touch. Webmail, phone calls, emails, ezines, blogs, helping those that are struggling.

If is not only about sticking by those that are doing well, they do not need as much coaching, obvious they have the system down. But just don't leave them out. Show them you appriciate them very much. Send the leaders flowers, a bottle of chamgagne or something nice to let them know, that you know they are doing the work and you know they exist. Now back to the folks that are struggling, you stay in touch with these folks, because if the business is a good one, they should now miss out, help them build their downline, heck it won't hurt if you get them a person or two, it won't hurt your business it can only help it.

Simply because you took the time to remember/help someone today, they will truly remember you tomorrow.[IMG]
  6. PeterB New Member

In my mind the key to building a succesful downline in ANY Network Marketing business is choosing a company that sells unique products with a unique selling proposition.

Companies selling motor oil, cosmetics and health products at the same time aren't exactly credible.

Regards, Peter
  7. hect1771 New Member

Usually most successful MLM downlines are built by 2-3 very dedicated and motivated people. Which means that you must remain loyal to those key people. Obviously the problem with most MLM's are the high dropout rates which is inevitable. However, as long as you have fantastic products that people will continue using even if they drop out and a steady flow of prospects. Attrition will not become much of a concern.
  8. littlelorrie New Member

I have found that the the best way to build a team in MLM is to be in contact with your downline as well as upline, many people do not stay because of a number of issues, i.e. lack of support, training etc. they key is to duplicate what your upline do and teach your front line to do the same.
    Since working with Kleeneze i've found that the support, training and knowledge and even socail side of our business is second to none. I did try another comapny before Kleeneze and it was awful no support, lots of empty promises aswell as being out of pocket by ??100's every month, so listen to your upline and what they teach find a business that will offer 100% support and you won't go far wrong.

"WINNER'S NEVER QUIT" "QUITTERS NEVER WIN"
  9. Deborah New Member

Are you personally having success with ezines? How often do you write?
    Thanks for info.

Deborah
  10. munchie3335 New Member

hi
    I am a member of an MLM and we had a web conference this morning that had some great advice.
    You really need to look for the right market for your business. We are an online skill game business so other gamers would be most likely to join, people who need to lose weight or get healthy would be more into the nutritional MLMs.
    Whatever the product or service, then aim at people who have something in common.
    The other thing mentioned was that you can work on more than one MLM at a time. The presenter actually has several successful network marketing businesses going.[IMG]
  11. LuckyRon New Member

I've heard that ezines are a great source for MLM leads. Is there a one stop for ezine advertizing. The program i'm working with has provided me with a good assortment of banners and I would like to get them on some ezines. I'm looking for an alternative to Pay Per Click.
  12. 4u2nv New Member

I wasn't really into MLM's and have always thought of them as Pyramid SCHEMES. I have always thought they were scams because I wasn't making any money from it. I did not know how to market my business. Now that I'm home and looking for ways to earn money from the internet, almost everything I came across are MLM's even though they claim they are not. Just like POWERMALLs they say they are not MLM's. So what would be the true definitions for MLMs?
  13. BeAChampion Member

When you truly believe in what you are promoting, rejection will never be a long-term problem.

No matter how much you believe in what you are doing, not everyone else will feel the same BUT because if someone doesn't believe in what you are promoting it won't discourage you or make you think that maybe you are promoting the wrong product.

And thus you will always be motivated to get your message out to those are looking for your solution you are providing.
  14. spartanmr New Member

I know this is a weird question and all, but since I am so inexperienced with affiliate marketing and all, what is MLM? Give me an answer if you don't mine?[IMG]
  15. kevin664 New Member

Quoting: Vishal P. RaoMost of the distributors will be highly motivated at the time of joining. It's only after a month or so, the intensity fades away. Most of the time it's because the sponsor fails to be in touch with his downline.

This is a great point.

People will join in hopes of quick riches in MLM but don't realize it will take time to build a solid income then their enthusiasm fades.

The key is to stay in touch and keep them motivated.

-kevin
  16. 4u2nv New Member

Quoting: spartanmrI know this is a weird question and all, but since I am so inexperienced with affiliate marketing and all, what is MLM? Give me an answer if you don't mine?

I'm new to marketing period. But this is what I know so far.
    MLM = Multi-Level-Marketing. Companies reward the end users to market and advertise their products. Where Direct Sales, you only make commission from your sales only. Where with MLM you make a commission on your sales and from sales of people you referred as well. That is why MLM is such an attractive home-based business because of the income opportunity of earning Residual Income.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I used to think MLM were Pyramid Schemes... but after a lot of research, Pyramid Schemes are when only the people at the top make all the money and everyone else below makes nothing. So as you can see... Corporates are Pyramid Schemes to me unless they have a really good profit sharing plan!
  17. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi Wealthymom36,
    I agree - that would be disheartening!Do you feel like you have a good solid realtionship with your downline??Do you have regular training calls that you can plug them into, at least several times a week - to keep them motivated??

You might find some good advice on this website.... http://www.workathomeprofitzone.com - it is free to join and there is a lot of training in there to plug your team into as well!

You might want to give them a call just to ask why they are leaving as that might give you some answers - on how to keep the next ones...

[IMG]

~Viola
  18. 1Homeworker New Member

Hello out there on the net.

As one can see MLM is one of the great topics on the net. I myself have tried so many hings now and had to realise that most of them where a waste of time and even worse the
    loss of a lot of money. But in the meantime I did find some good advice. But I am still looking.
    The main thing I did find out was, you do have to do some work. And I did that. If you are in a similar position then maybe I can help you. I don't have a secret but a few steps witch
    are easy to follow.
    So call or write to me
    Email: [email protected]
    Tel. +41 61 643 9021

I wish you folks a successful day.
    Roland
  19. paul10 New Member

Hello,

Am just new to this forum,but i have been with a traveling club called unitravelclub,i have been enjoying their pragramme and i think any one here can check it out.
    The also sponsored six qualified members to the AFRICAN CUP OF NATION 2008.

In fact they are ok for now from my own experiences on network marketing programms,and i wish and hope they will continue this way and even better.

You can see my signature to give it a try.

I will be glad to hear from other members of this forum about what you feel on this travel club network marketing.and better suggestion on how to increase my downline.

Thanks and God bless.

Paul.
  20. Tybask New Member

I also believe that you should promote a business that you believe in. The one thing I would like to add is, promoting yourself and offering trust to your prospects is just important as finding a businee that you believe in.