Key to building a successful downline in any MLM

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by coreyjroman, Jul 24, 2005.

1. cricfan New Member

was that for me michelle?
  2. successful2008 New Member

Yes it was. [IMG]

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  3. bassdj New Member

I like the part about training your downline to do the same. People who are successful in MLM are big on not reinventing the wheel. If a system works for you...use it.
    "The 45-second presentation that will change your life" is a decent read that should be on the list too.
  4. ibuzzmentor Member

Yes duplication is the key to being successful working from home. In my five plus years experience though I have realized you better have tools in place to allow that. I have always been a fan of voiceblasting to create organic high quality leads but now since the cost has gone so much lower I think this tool is something all sales pros no matter what business they are in need. My cost to acquire a lead has gone down about 60%. Plus it is a duplicatable tool that everyone in your downline should have. You cannot teach your team to buy leads, you must teach them to CREATE leads.
  5. spendless New Member

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum ad just wanted to say HI. I have read all these q/a's and agree with most of them. I have been in several MLMs and have got a good downline started, but, can't seem to keep them motivated...so soon momentum fizzles out... One question that I have for all you novices.... Has anyone lived in a rural community and had a hard time getting anyone to see the benefits? Is it just me, my community or what? [IMG]
  6. Caroleg New Member

Hi,
    Don't forget to Brand Yourself - start early establishing yourself as a leader. Building a Google Image is easy - it just takes getting some articles out there. You can outsource keyword optimized articles for about $8.00 each.
    Even submitting them to just Ezine Articles.com alone will do.
    And - Even One a week can get you going pretty well.
    (How easy is that!)
    Keep in mind anything you put out there stays out there - so watch it carefully. Attach your phone number to all your posts - in your signature or Bio. Then when prospects want to know more about you and your success history - Just tell them to Google your phone number. (OR send them the link)
    That way the ads from your competition won't come up.
    This Builds a relationship with your prospects as they get to know you.
    Also ... give them incentives by making sure you can offer them an Simple and Proven System - that makes good sense, that anyone Can do and ...that won't burn them out!
    So.....they will Feel Comfortable Joining you and your program.
    Cheers!
  7. phammy New Member

I joined the Berry Tree back in April. I love the products so far and I've upgraded my membership to maximize my earning potential. However, I'm not successful at closing my prospects. I get them up to the point of signing up and then loose them. Any advice would be appreciated.
  8. ibuzzmentor Member

Yes branding one self is very important. But you need to seriously look in the mirror and ask yourself are you truly the leader that people are looking for. Some many people on youtube or other sites with their hats on backwards wearing ripped up t shirts. I mean who wants to work with someone like that. When you become a professional and lead like a professional is when you earn like a professional.

Become a master lead generator, prospector, and closer.
  9. chocolateriches New Member

To add to this topic there are MANY ways to build your downline...YOUTUBE has worked great for me as well as myspace, ezines etc. ALSO if you are working with a good team/upline they will usually place ppl under you if you are actively building your business- I always build under my team to create momentum!!
  10. unselfishguy Guest

Nice one Corey! Thanks for this helpful post.
  11. robinku New Member

Hi, Yes I agree ... ear to the ground and support for your entire team. Keep them focused, motivated and success is sure to follow.

Too often sponsors fail to be keep their down-line informed and up to speed.
  12. GavinStephenson New Member

wow this is a really good post.. I cant say much more.
  13. leahfendi New Member

Great post, thank you...[IMG]
  14. AutumnLight New Member

You hit the nail on the head. I joined AmeriPlan because of my sponsor and left 30 days later, because of the ones above her. I was very naive, actually believing that I would help people by selling Dental benefits. They call you an IBO (Independent Business Owner) but you have to pay a monthly fee $50.00 plus access to an email system and the toll free number. Then there were the "freebies" that were not free, such as postcard leads and business cards. Someone in the upline had discovered affiliate links and made money off each and everyone of us who purchased leads, postcards, business cards, etc. The worst was that when I let AmeriPlan know that I was quitting, they closed my access to my activity - I asked why, and was told that since I was quitting all my commissions would go to my sponsor. That means that I payed for 30 days and the money went to whoever signed me up.
    Lesson learned - their discount cards are not welcomed everywhere. If you have a Sam's membership, you can get health discounts. Their pharmacy program is available through other means. There is really nothing unique that they sell. There was a lot of hype and pressure to sign other IBOs.
    Those in upline did care to hear suggestions. All they did was shoot a bunch of emails (repeated) and have training calls that were more like "motivating" calls. The whole thing felt disorganized. I'm sure others swear by it - but it was not for me. Some of them have received "advance commissions" which means that they get a check for 6 months worth of commissions - If they stay in that business for a year, I wonder how much would they owe the company, if their downline poofed?
    I am in network marketing - but it has to do with Internet, marketing and websites. Business is pretty much network marketing, out in the brick and mortar world also. Let's just be honest and say we are in business and maintain a real relationship with your downline - they are real people.
  15. westfam11 Member

You all make some great points. I feel that you do
    need to learn all you can and become the leader
    that people want to follow but I am also a firm
    believer in team builds.

The help you can get with building your team is
    indispensible and can help you gain the confidence
    you need to know that you can do it too. When you
    have others helping you get to where you want to be
    it just makes you want to help the next person get to
    where they want to be. A team effort goes a long way
    in helping everyone.

Becky
  16. wltr1 New Member

hi corey you have really great info here. Im pretty new at this even though I have tried in the past but had no success but Im willing to give it a shot again. Well anyway I was wonderin if you could tell me where you got your leads to build your down line this would very much help me out. THANKS ALOT

WALTER

p.s
    pm me if you would like
  17. mellin Member

AutumnLight - when I joined Ameriplan, I never was contacted by my sponsor. Here she was making money off of me, but she never did try to contact me to offer any training. When I went to quit, I told her that she never offered me any training, and she told me that it was my job to seek her out and find the training. I think that this is a horrible way to do business. I think part of having a good MLM is good sponsorship. If a sponsor is not available, or not willing to pass on their knowledge, then that sponsor should not be able to reap the benefits of earning money from those under her.
    JMO, I know now, with the business that I am in, that I want to be available to those underneath me. Not only will this help us all to succeed, but it's just the right thing to do.

-Melissa
  18. GavinStephenson New Member

Build Relationships its that simple. if you want people to stay arround you have to work with them. So many people join a downline and are never contacted by there upline.
  19. HomeBizMama New Member

GavinStephenson: Build Relationships its that simple. if you want people to stay arround you have to work with them. So many people join a downline and are never contacted by there upline.

I agree! I've joined several MLMs and my uplines have never contacted me personally. They were all through auto responders or mass emails. All they cared about was getting referrals. That's why I was so surprise to see my sponsor and upline 2 levels up go out of their way to send me personal emails to introduce themself and asked if I need help with anything. That's how I knew for sure, I want to be part of this team. And when I get my downlines built, I want to be there for them and personally help them acheive their goals too.
  20. dagger234 New Member

Chocolate, I've been wanting to use YouTube in my marketing as well. Any tips?