Key Tool To Build A Successful Online Business

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by camohit, Jun 5, 2015 at 2:12 AM.

1. camohit

camohit New Member

There are a lot of newbies and while following this forum I can relate to what I was feeling when I was struggling. So thought to share my learnings which I got after a lot of struggles and working alone. I have tried to give logics to what I believe showing why I believe that but everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, so I agree to disagree. Hope I could help someone through this article.
    Anyways, lets read..

I will be straight to the point, so this article will be short saving your time and only providing you the essence of the matter.
    First let me ask, how serious are you about earning an online income? If you want to make it full time then you need to create your list. No one can argue on the fact that money is in the list. The list is the biggest and most valuable asset for an Online Marketer. Even if you have zero money but you have your list containing substantial number of subscribers, you can still earn on a click of a button by sending them the info of a valuable product which will enhance their lifestyle in some way or the other. The more the subscribers in your list the, more the possibility of sales and your profits.
    However, it’s a basic sense that you need to build relations with your customers in any kind of business. In order to build relationship you need to interact with them. So how are you doing it with your customers? The one way to do it in the digital world is through email communications. You need to be in touch with your subscribers and offer them value, for them to be able to trust you. You have to offer them value for quite some time to develop the trust. Once the trust develops, they will start taking you seriously and will explore the products you refer. You can relate this to your existing friends / relatives. You watch that movie or visit that restaurant which your friends refer, right? Even if you do not agree to everything they say, you still check them out based on the reputation they have on you.However, it’s a basic sense that you need to build relations with your customers in any kind of business. In order to build relationship you need to interact with them. So how are you doing it with your customers? The one way to do it in the digital world is through email communications. You need to be in touch with your subscribers and offer them value, for them to be able to trust you. You have to offer them value for quite some time to develop the trust. Once the trust develops, they will start taking you seriously and will explore the products you refer. You can relate this to your existing friends / relatives. You watch that movie or visit that restaurant which your friends refer, right? Even if you do not agree to everything they say, you still check them out based on the reputation they have on you.
    So how can you build relations? The simple way to do that is to provide them the valuable information or products without any charge. If your information holds value to benefit your subscribers, they will start trusting you and taking you for authority.
    Now the value depends in what niche your business is. If it’s in health industry, you may provide them few exercise or diet information (but you have to be very careful while drafting that); if it’s in fashion industry you may latest fashion trend and tips, like what looks great on different height types and different body types; if it’s in network marketing, you can provide the tips how to build the relationship with your team..you probably would have got the idea.
    So, to summarise the steps in generating an online income is
    • Create and build your list (the bigger the list, the bigger the profit)
    • Provide them value in order to gain their trust
    • Refer them the products
    Now, you can structure your email letters in such a way that you sell 1/3 time and provide value the remaining time. Of course this is just one way. Marketing is a dynamic industry, so you will have to keep testing what works and what not. But learning few basics will surely help you generating profits. Plus if you can get an online mentor then your success will be quicker.
    Let’s consider an example to understand how people generally select the products which they buy. Suppose you are going to the market to shop, say a hair shampoo. If you do not have preference for any particular brand, then the name which comes to your mind is the one which is most advertised to you. Its psychological. The name gets instilled in your sub-conscious mind and always pops up the first thing.
    Lets take another example. How many times’ interaction you generally require with a person before you start trusting them? Whatever the number is I am sure its greater than one.
    It’s a widely recognized taking that a person needs to be shown at least seven times a thing before it starts making any impact on them. Hence, in marketing world the follow up is so important. Now, we have heard numerous times “Money is in the List”, “Money is in the List”. Every IM millionaire will advise you to build your list. When you build your list, you will have to build relations with them (since list is not just names, they are actual people with whom you have to do business). To build relations you need to communicate with them.
    There are guidelines how you should communicate with people so that they start trusting you and start buying from you, a hint of which you got above.
    Now, we know that we have to communicate with our prospective customers and not just once but dozens of times in order to make any impact. Plus you will be ecstatic if your customer base is in lakhs or at least thousands, wouldn’t you? Since, the more the leads the more the probability of making the sale. Emailing thousands, or even hundreds for that matter, of people dozens of time manually is impractical. First you will be needing a lot of time to form your communications, then to broadcast them to your prospective customers would be a daunting task if you are not using an Auto-Responder service. So it becomes inevitable to utilize their services if you are planning to earn online. And not just online, Auto Responders are useful in every type of business, Restaurants, Real Estate, Professions like Doctors, CAs/CPAs, Law….name any business and basics are same (whether online or traditional), you need to communicate in order to make a sale.
    So, Autoresponders are the key tool to be utilized if you are planning for a Long Term Successful Business. They will assist you in doing your job of instilling your product in people's mind converting them into your customers. They will make you Millions.
    I hope this short article could help you in your marketing. This strategy is of course a long term one, so you will see the result after some time.

payment proof likes this.
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Very useful information.

A list is an asset that should be in every marketer's portfolio, and knowing how to use it efficiently is crucial to getting the maximum benefits it has to offer.

Hermas