Keyword Research Wordtracker question....

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by TheWinner, May 27, 2008.

1. TheWinner

TheWinner New Member

Hey guys

Recently I have come across gtrends research tool by wordtracker -

http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/gtrends

Does anyone know what time span the results are calculated over? I am assuming one month.. but not 100% sure.

Any help would be great [​IMG]

Regards

Kiran

2. Breanne

Breanne Guest

Yes it is a one month time span. Another cool tool for keyword research is SEO Book. you just need to use a firefox browser with it. I have found it very helpful with my research.

3. TheWinner

TheWinner New Member

Thanks for response Breanne [​IMG]

4. jschuman

jschuman New Member

5. TheWinner

TheWinner New Member

Interesting article

Thanks for that

Kiran

6. aplina

aplina New Member

l use wood tracker all the time esp on the long tailed key words. l have not cared on the time updates

7. Breanne

Breanne Guest

Thanks for the info about Wordtracker Jeff. I was informed that it was on a monthly basis. Thanks for the heads up. [​IMG]

8. o00roxygirl00o

o00roxygirl00o New Member

As far as keyword searches go where seems to be the best place to go for this? I know this might be a stupid question and it is probably listed somewhere but what does SEO stand for?

9. TheWinner

TheWinner New Member

Hey o00roxygirl00o

o00roxygirl00o: As far as keyword searches go where seems to be the best place to go for this?

At the moment, the only keyword research tool I use is:

http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/gtrends

The following link will help explain this tool in detail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXZWHVryIT0

o00roxygirl00o: I know this might be a stupid question and it is probably listed somewhere but what does SEO stand for?

Theres no stupid questions, the only stupid questions are those that are NOT asked in the first place [​IMG]

SEO stand for - Search Engine Optimization

Which is esentially optimizing (via target keywords for example) a site to a particular search engines criteria to enable your site to appear higher in a list of search engine results, hence, improving the volume and traffic quality to the site

Hope that helps

Kiran

10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Roxy,

SEO is one of the biggest components of online marketing. It's mastery is absolutely required in order to compete online.

Learn on-page SEO first. Then learn off-page SEO. You'll need both to do well. Off-page SEO includes back links. Get back links from web 2.0 platforms as well as from articles, press releases, etc. If your content is good, other sites will naturally give you back links.

~Newbie Shield~

11. TheWinner

TheWinner New Member

Hey Newbie Shield,

Do you know of any good references on the internet regarding on-page and off-page SEO?

Regards

Kiran

12. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Winner,

This forum is one place to learn a bit about SEO. You can also read about it in books, do a Google search, buy into a program, etc.

The net is full of sites vying for your visitations :)

The hard part is wading through the BS to find out what is really true. As with everything else, that takes a lot of time spent reading and experimenting. That isn't meant to sound evasive. You'll have no trouble at all finding this information.

Best of luck,

~Newbie Shield~