Keyword Selection

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by rohnsmith, May 24, 2010.

1. rohnsmith

rohnsmith Guest

Hi to all,

I Want to know that How impotent is keyword selection in SEO ?

Waiting for your ans.

2. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

Hi Rohn,

Keyword selection is the critical aspect of SEO. Considering that web surfers use key words to search for sites it's THE vital aspect in any SEO campaign.

Of course quality, fresh content is important too.

Ryan

3. When I first started online I didn't realize the importance of keywords [​IMG]

I now know keywords are the basis for everything you do online-
    i.e. Domain name
    Website title
    Post Titles
    Content

When I write a new post or article, I'll study the number of people searching for a keyword and the competition of the keyword. Then include the keyword in the title, in the first paragraph, last paragraph and a couple of other times.

4. Norma

Norma New Member

SEO stands on keywords.

If you get right keywords then half of your work gets over.

Placing the keywords in appropriate places as Bard said in title tags, URL, header tags, content start and end and just sprinkling in the content a bit, then using it in anchor text (for internal links) finsihes your optimisations.

You have done quite a good optimisation of website which is in your signature. Haven't You?

5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

It is really important to try and find good keywords that do not have a lot of competition. If you can do this, you will get good search engine rankings. Try and find long tailed keywords to put in your title - typically, the more words a keyword phrase contains, the more targeted it is, and the better it will do in the search engines. So yes, keywords are important! [​IMG]

6. samda

samda Member

Just answer this question - In a journey, how important is to know a place where you want to go? [​IMG]

As important is keyword selection. You must select your destination before you start your engine [​IMG]

Good luck.

Sam

7. CarrieLyn

CarrieLyn Guest

Sam, I simply could not have put it better myself.

samueldarwin: Just answer this question - In a journey, how important is to know a place where you want to go?

As important is keyword selection. You must select your destination before you start your engine

Good luck.

Sam
    Rohn, your keywords and keyword research are the most important steps in building your internet business. You can always go back to change and tweak your keywords later but make sure you do the research first. I learned the hard way! Hope I can save you hours of headaches. Good luck!

8. pcwork

pcwork New Member

rohnsmith: Hi to all,

Waiting for your ans.
    Important to the get the spelling right also for keywords.

9. MatoryIncorp

MatoryIncorp New Member

I always find it tedious to find a keyword. Some tell me go by how many times it's searched and some tell me to go by the goole search results. Get's confusing sometimes but I think i'm getting it.

10. TomMyers

TomMyers New Member

I agree with all of the comments about the importance of keyword selection. I started using the free Google tools, and they work. I've recently been using Market Samurai, which I really like. I'm not affiliated with them in any way--just like them. It lets you do keyword research a lot faster than with Google, and has other features I like. For instance, it has a lot of screening filters to reduce your results, such screening for a certain level of daily traffic or for a certain level of advertiser interest. You can also figure out competitive strength of the top 10 sites in Google for your particular keyword, and where they get their strength from. For instance, you might see that the first 5 spots in Google are really strong, but #6 is vulnerable because it lacks backlinks, domain isn't named optimally, etc., so you can decide whether you want to try to target it.

11. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

MatoryIncorp: I always find it tedious to find a keyword. Some tell me go by how many times it's searched and some tell me to go by the goole search results.
    Go for the number of times searched, that will get you better results with regards to traffic.

Jeff

12. AlfredWilmer

AlfredWilmer New Member

Keyword selection is most important content of SEO.
    Our keyword should be more effective and relevant to the subject.
    It works to get more traffic.

13. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Keywork selection is as important to SEO as...

- letters are to words
    - words are to a sentence
    - bricks are to building a house
    - the wind is to a sail boat
    - numbers are to counting
    - scent is to a dog
    - food is to nourishment

In other words, keyword selection is the glue that holds SEO together!

Hermas

14. RashmiP

RashmiP Guest

Keyword research and keyword selection are the most important part to get good traffic. Keyword should be very specific and it should be used in title tags and description of your home page.

15. Dennis Anthony

Dennis Anthony New Member

pcwork: rohnsmith:
    Hi to all,

Important to the get the spelling right also for keywords.

LOL @pcwork
    [​IMG]
    We do sometimes take advantage of common misspellings though, don't we? Think like the customer you are trying to attract.

What are they searching for and how do they ask for it?

That seems to work best for me.

16. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

More important is to have "buying" keywords. It is one thing to drive traffic to your site with people searching for information. Your conversion rates are relatively small. But drive traffic to your site with people that are ready to make a purchase, that's when your conversions rise.

"lose weight quickly" will convert way better than "losing weight tips". The traffic may be less, but the quality and conversions will be much better.

17. zainelia

zainelia New Member

Hello ~!

Keyword optimization, the art of choosing the correct keywords, is one of the most important things related to search engine optimization.
    As we all know that keyword plays the most important role in search Engine Optimization.
    Well Here I am sharing some tips which I have concluded from my experience..

Get realistic estimate of keyword popularity
    Don't Pick Single Word Phrases
    Evaluate the competition
    Choose Specific but Not Popular Keywords
    Constantly Change Your Keywords

[Link removed - Admin]

18. gowriter

gowriter Member

Necessary.

Good keyword + proper backlining gets you high ranks on the search engines. You need both.

19. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Continual SEO study is critical if you want to make money writing online and proper keyword selection plays a huge part. This is true of articles, blogs or whatever you use to market a product on the net.

20. HarryJackson

HarryJackson New Member

SEO first step is keyword selection. SEO is to get organic traffic from search engine. How you can get organic traffic if you don't work on any particular keyword to take it on first page of search engine. And that keyword must be not so hard that it takes months to appear on first page and not so weight less that has just 1 or 2 visitors a day.