Laptop Vs Desktops - Which one do you Prefer ?

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by samda, Feb 27, 2009.

1. samda

samda Member

A small interesting poll.

Please share your opinions.

2. samda

samda Member

I use Laptop, an Acer brand. I travel sometimes, so can't carry desks all the time right !!!

And it laps take only a small space. So I love Laptops..

Would love to hear your opinions.

3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Sam,

Good things about laptops is that they:

1. Are portable

2. Take up less space

3. Use less energy

Things I dislike about laptops:

1. Screen size is way too small. I like 24" minimum and that's what I've been using since last August. Sure, you can use a docking bay but I'd rather not.

2. keyboard is attached and not as easy to use. Again, you can use a docking bay for that too but who really wants to deal with that?

3. They are generally less powerful. I need powerful components across the board for what I do. Components tend to cost more.

I much prefer a desktop but I've owned four laptops in the past.

~Newbie Shield~
  4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

I like the laptop's portability, but I prefer a desktop.

5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

A8ch: I like the laptop's
    portability, but I prefer a desktop.
    Same here! Although I like Laptops a lot, I would prefer working on a Desktop while I'm working from my home. The reason is speed. However, with present Laptops having configuration almost similar to Desktops, they are good contenders.

Ideally I would like to have both. A cheap low configuration Laptop for traveling purposes and a powerful Desktop for home purpose.

Another good advantage of Laptops is battery backups during power cuts. A Laptop can run for almost an hour or two on battery compared to Desktops that run for 10-15 minutes on UPS. This factor is crucial in areas with heavy power cuts and without generators/inverters.
  6. samda

samda Member

Yes Admin I agree with you.

Now a days we have laptops with very high battery backup and high configuration. I have only laptop.

I have a desktop in my home, where my brother uses it. I prefer desktop over laptop only to play games. Other than this I personally feel laptops are better.

Yes, this is a feeling because I am more attached to my Acer and simply cannot live without it.
  7. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I love my laptop!!!!! I can work in any room of the house, outside (I live in Florida) and my laptop is actually faster than my desktop, LOL!

The only downside is I tend not to sit in an ergonomically correct chair at a desk, so do have to be more aware of my posture given the long hour's I spend on the internet.