Launhed a content heavy website and need help...

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Grippo, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Grippo

Grippo New Member

Is anyone willing to walk me through tips for website promotion?

I signed up for adsense.

The site is easily a niche market which combines original content with some reprinted articles from other sites. My goal is totally original content.

If someone would not mind looking at it let me know...please...

Thanks

2. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

Why not just put the link here so forum members can have a look and give you a few suggestions?

[It'll be removed. Please list your sites in your sign only - Admin]

3. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

For promotional purposes, you could contact academies and instructors and tell them you would list them for free for a limited time offer. Have them submit an article about themselves or their academy. You can always edit it before posting it.

Participate in forums related to your niche and this could generate some traffic for you as well. Contribute useful comments on other blogs related to your niche that allow you to put in your url.

Write some original articles and submit them to some of the article directories as well as put them on your site.

You could use something like US free classifieds. It is not so much that someone looks at your ad on their site, but rather that it is indexed and people can pick up on it doing a search.

4. Grippo

Grippo New Member

I have sent an email to 1400 academies around the world. Got some feedback but nobody seemed to want to contribute. Sort of like what is in it to me? Attitude and also it would take up their time.

Also, what are article directories? Not sure I am familiar with them?

How is adwords? Should I not mess with that yet?

5. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

I suppose many of the academies may not need exposure but if that route is not effective, then move onto something else.

Article directories are places where you can contribute an article that you wrote. One example is ezinearticles.com Google loves indexing posts from ezinearticles, so be sure you pick long tail keywords without a lot of competition.

As for adwords - that may be something you want to hold off on. Sure, it has the potential to bring you some traffic but unless that traffic is going to put money into your pocket, you may want to defer adwords for now.

You could however, put adsense on your site and if someone comes to your site and clicks on it, google will pay you for that click.

However, adsense is not a big money maker unless you get huge amounts of traffic.