Legal Steps Against GOOGLE

Discussion in 'Accounting and Legal Advice' started by samda, Apr 17, 2008.

1. samda

samda Member

Dear Members

My friend has a website and he was running Google Adsense Ads in it. He has invested more $$$ on his website and was getting a good profit from Adsense. Suddenly he got a mail stating that his Adsense Acoount has been disabled for invalid clicks. He has all the web logs and checked for it. No unusual activity is seen. He neither did clicks nor insisted any one to click. What can he do. CAN HE TAKE LEGAL STEPS AGAINST THE SO CALLED GREAT GOOGLE..........????????

Need Advice......
  2. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

The "great Google" has struck again.

We just had a problem with Google Checkout. Everyone in our business opp had to acquire new merchant processors because our business model doesnt agree with their TOS. We were all using them for some time and this just became a problem recently.

I think your friend would have better luck trying to monetize his site another way than to fight Google in a legal battle. He should first try to email them and try to straighten it out that way. Maybe he will get lucky and speak to someone that will work with him.
  3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

BillChechel: I think your friend would have better luck trying to monetize his site another way than to fight Google in a legal battle. He should first try to email them and try to straighten it out that way. Maybe he will get lucky and speak to someone that will work with him.

Good advice. Just ask him to send a polite email explaining his position.
  4. Freedom

Freedom New Member

It could have been an automated catch. Get in touch with a human at google. Sometimes they make mistakes and fix them.
  5. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

I guess he could take legal steps against Google if their actions were costing him hundreds of thousands of dollars in income, but the amount of money he was making makes it pointless.

Why not just try to communicate with Google amicably and get the situation worked out?
  6. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can take legal action against anyone if you have enough funds.
  7. Silverstone

Silverstone New Member

hmm, talk about DEEP POCKETS. Google has more pockets than Bill Gates.

I would venture to say that google's lawyers are probably better than most... or, at least more funded.

Jaime McCarley
  8. tinimini

tinimini New Member

What I would love to know is if anyone knows HOW to get in contact with Google. They don't have a phone number anywhere and when I do find a phone number it always is an automated system that goes round and round in circles.

The most you could probably do is start either a class action lawsuit, and each person could get a few thousand for it, or you could take them to small claims court for I believe up to $5000 depending on which state you live in.

If you went to small claims court, chances are that Google would not even show up and you would automatically win the case. The cost to take someone to small claims court is only $25 or so.

If you ever start a class action lawsuit, please let me know because I would be happy to go after Google!
  9. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

I don't really think your friend would have a legal leg to stand on. Think about it - it's like someone who has a store and sells Coke. If Coca Cola, Inc. decides that they don't want to do business with that person for whatever reason that's their right unless there's a contract in place that would be considered broken.

In this situation, the profit from the last month would be considered 'tainted' and in this case I've been told that Google refunds the money to the adwords advertisers, so it's not like your friend could accuse them of stealing his money.

As for the money he's invested in his site, the problem here is that Google hasn't destroyed his website. He can still monetize it using ads, just not Google ads.

It does suck, but in his shoes I'd try to find out if there's any way to work things out with Google or look at other ways to monetize the site.