Lens review critique

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by Merrick8, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Merrick8

Merrick8 New Member

Hey everyone my girlfriend and I have just gotten in to I.M. and all the sites involved ie. squidoo, goarticles ect. being pretty new to it (as in we started 4 days ago) We were wondering if you guys could critique one of our reviews we've done and give helpful feedback and suggestions [​IMG]

http://www.squidoo.com/my-online-income-system2

2. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Hi, I hit the like button. [​IMG] I noticed you opted in to be in the Squid Magazine. I have heard mixed things about this. I have been told it is a traffic killer, but I don't know this to be true. I have one lens there and am testing it for myself.

I would add more content. Personal testimony of actual results if you have it. Also you have elected to go into a very competitive market. While yes it can be done, you may have to get very creative to break into it.

I would add the link list module and place the link to the product there as an alternate to having it in a text link. It's bigger and can be seen more.

You can change your guestbook to say something else. I have found asking a question encourages more responses to my guestbook.

3. Merrick8

Merrick8 New Member

thanks for your feed back robinincarolina! that is all very helpful and we will be sure to correct what we can and continue adding. unfortunately we are new to article writing so the articles up now are our first attempts so hopefully in the near future I can repost with a newer article with a little more experience and quality behind it!

4. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

If you are talking about your articles are up on Squidoo, you can always edit it. It's considered updating and Squidoo and Google love it when you update by adding new content. It helps them travel up in the search engines!

5. Merrick8

Merrick8 New Member

robinincarolina: If you are talking about your articles are up on Squidoo, you can always edit it. It's considered updating and Squidoo and Google love it when you update by adding new content. It helps them travel up in the search engines!
    yeah I just changed two of the pictures and added a video on my "my online income system" lens and over night the rating went from over 240,000 to just over 73,000 and got 5 more views over night and a like from one of them! so that was kinda cool.

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Merrick8: yeah I just changed two of the pictures and added a video on my "my online income system" lens and over night the rating went from over 240,000 to just over 73,000 and got 5 more views over night and a like from one of them! so that was kinda cool.
    I added a comment... I would have more paragraphs maybe?? I know some say to wrap your text around the images, but I think it's easier to read if you separate it into more paragraphs and you have a great writing style so you want folks to actually read your stuff!

And like Robin says, every time you edit or add stuff, it will update your lens which is good.

I have a feeling you guys will do okay! You are not afraid to ask and learn, and seem motivated... all signs of successful folks. [​IMG]

7. Merrick8

Merrick8 New Member

thank you to both of you! It's kinda funny I had thought my newest lens on world of warcraft would do the best but in the last few days my lens on my online income system has picked up a bit averaging around 3-4 views a day with 1 of those views liking the article (not much for you guys but quite a change for us! [​IMG])

8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Merrick8: thank you to both of you! It's kinda funny I had thought my newest lens on world of warcraft would do the best but in the last few days my lens on my online income system has picked up a bit averaging around 3-4 views a day with 1 of those views liking the article (not much for you guys but quite a change for us! )
    [​IMG] Congrats! Every achievement, no matter how small is a reason to celebrate. I remember when I made my first .70 a MONTH with adsense and I thought... if I can do this once I can do it a hundred times!

9. Merrick8

Merrick8 New Member

yeah as you know from the email i sent you today things are slowly but surely picking up! just need the traffic to actually convert =/

10. robpenn

robpenn Member

Hi Merrick8

All looks fine. I'm not a fan of the Squidoo layouts. A bit too messy like Facebook. But thats just me. It takes all sorts.

I looked at the MOIS stuff. What do you get when you sign up?