Life As A Meditation

Discussion in 'Meditation' started by VictoriaNTC, Feb 28, 2010.

1. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Being a single mother, a home school teacher, a team leader and affiliate marketer is time-consuming.

If only I could blissfully meditate more.

What sparked this weekend, is;
    Why not make my entire life a form of meditation?

Meaning, being in the moment, focusing on the small pleasures in life, finding magic in every day, noticing the miracles of nature and just being me?

Is this not what is is about anyway?

Victoria

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

VictoriaNTC: Is this not what is is about anyway?
    Exactly! This is how life should be. Meditation moments need not (and should not) be limited to just your sitting sessions. You simply cannot choose to meditate when your are sitting with your eyes closed and come out of meditation when you get up. If you can, just get your hand on a copy of The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh.

3. VictoriaNTC

Thank you Vishal.

I have the book on my Amazon Wish List now.
    The new me!
    Victoria

4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

VictoriaNTC: Meaning, being in the moment, focusing on the small pleasures in life, finding magic in every day, noticing the miracles of nature and just being me?

Is this not what is is about anyway?
    Vishal P. Rao: Exactly! This is how life should be.
    That's why we are all here in the first place. The rest is just incidental "noise".

Vishal P. Rao: If you can, just get your hand on a copy of The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh.
    BTW Vishal, great recommendation! [​IMG]

Hermas

5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

It is a very good idea to focus on the GOOD in life. Too many people, even if they have lots of money and time find BAD things to focus on.

Everyday, let yourself know what you are grateful for in life.

Tal

6. VictoriaNTC

Yes, even within difficult times, we can always find some things to be grateful for.

Such as the eyes and other senses to explore this world with!

Victoria

7. Mohan

Mohan New Member

VictoriaNTC

Hi Victoria

My Guru indicates being present at the moment and becoming one with what you do and interact is meditation too!

Hope this helps

Mohan

8. tandre

tandre New Member

Hey,

Loved your thoughts. You know, western based psychology is now emphasizing concepts such as mindfullness.

Google DBT and check it out

9. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

Yes, that's the goal Victoria!

Being in the moment is the only place to me. Life is essentially meditation in action. We spend years looking forward or behind for things which will never arrive or have past for good. With increased meditation you forget about everything but Now.

Do whatever you have to do to set aside 30 minutes daily. Since I began to sit for 30 min to 1 hour each day my life changed dramatically.

10. wahgo

wahgo New Member

VictoriaNTC: Meditation moments need not (and should not) be limited to just your sitting sessions. You simply cannot choose to meditate when your are sitting with your eyes closed and come out of meditation when you get up. If you can, just get your hand on a copy of The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh.
    Thank you for reminding me of the treasure that already lives on my bookshelves. It is very cleansing to be able to sit and quiet all the chatter in the mind.

Being a work at home mom with a work schedule broken down into chunks of time based on family needs for that day, the time that I take for myself and meditation becomes one of those moments in time that I look forward to in my busy life.

Meditation is highly recommended for anyone feeling overwhelmed, overworked, or over the edge. Take a few minutes to yourself and try to quiet the mind. You will begin to develop a sense of calm. Taking the time to meditate must become a habit, otherwise you will never get around to it. Also, like building muscles in your body, meditation gets easier with time. Try it and find an inner peace that you did not even know existed inside you. It is there inside all of us.