Link Directories

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by TshirtFrank, Mar 24, 2009.

1. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Hi All,

I have a couple questions about link directories: What are some good directories to submit your websites to and what exactly does this do?

Thanks!

TSF

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Try Yahoo and DMOZ.

If approved, they will give you a backlink. That in turn will give you some page rank juice plus some traffic potential. It may also assist spiders in crawling your site.

I suggest that you submit to a small handful of them but don't waste too much time on it. It's better to spend your time writing new pages.

I think that you would benefit from taking the free 30 Day Challenge. You can take last years for now. The new one may not start until summer - perhaps even late summer. Here is the link:

www.thirtydaychallenge.com

~Newbie Shield~

3. garygoh

garygoh New Member

Hi

I am new here. Just joined this forum.

It is quite time consuming to submit your website to directories. If you have budget, I would suggest you to outsource it.

IMHO, submitting articles to article directories such as EZA is a better way to build a one way link and promoting your website.

4. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

What if My website is about not product selling, but, tickets selling

How can I get traffic to my website.??

Please give me your best advises

5. garygoh

garygoh New Member

You may want to check out Travis's bum marketing method. This free course contained some very useful actionable tips and marketing plans.

But my advice is, you don't need to subscribe the service as recommended in the course.

To me, it doesn't matter what you are selling, the point here is how can you reach your targeted customers using effective traffic strategies.

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

jaesun16: What if My website is about not product selling, but, tickets selling

How can I get traffic to my website.??

Please give me your best advises

Hi Jaesun,

Same way you promote any site.

It's best if you can point out the benefits of visiting your site regardless of what the site is about.

Selling tickets is fine but hopefully there is at least one thing that is valuable about going to your site.

Communicate that if you can and/or just write about tickets or specific events or something else related to your site topic.

You can write articles about an information site, a product review site, a services site, or any kind of site.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~

7. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

what are the other link diretory that we can submit other than yahoo and dmoz? can we submit to google too?