Links Not Working

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Barb Thornback, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Hello all,

I wonder if someone can help me with this please.

I sent a broadcast to my subscribers today and when checking my husbands email account, he received the email as well (must have signed up as a test and forgotten).

The problem is the links I used in the email do not work when clicked in his email account, but do work in my email accounts. We both have blueyonder accounts and I have googlemail accounts.

The links were redirect links like this:-'name'.html

Why would they work in my email accounts and not in his?

I am now worried that the links in the emails I have been sending to my subscribers do not always work depending on their email provider.

Can anyone help?

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Which autoresponder do you use? You might want to contact their customer support. Also, I know that when you use a lot of html, a lot of the content in these messages is blocked by some email providers.
  3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean the links were not clickable or the links didn't load any webpage?
  4. I use Getresponse.

The links are clickable but just display a blank white page.

5. Vishal P. Rao

If you can give the exact copy of the message you use it to send to your list, we can help.
  6. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Some email programs do add some extra code
  7. This is the link used in the newsletter sent to my husbands email:- which just opens up a blank white page.

I'm sure there must be a simple explanation.

8. Vishal P. Rao

I guess then there must be an issue with your husband's email client.
  9. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

I dont know who you use bt I have never had problems with GetResponse.

Try em

10. BlueJ33

BlueJ33 New Member

Clickbank had some problems and essentially IE6 users can't click through with affiliate links. Is this the web browser you're using? If so, it would explain the problem.