Looking at coastal

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by decker2006, Jan 6, 2007.

1. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: jnapierI specifically look for people who are Coachable, Trainable and Dependable. People who are big thinkers who are Self Starters.

You can't be totally successful with Coastal sitting on your sofa watching soap operas.

I agree Jay, the coachable, trainable are the jewels in any organization.

Don't sit back on your laurels and expect your Director to do all the work for you.

A lot of us have been in markketing for a long time and maybe we picked up bad habits here and there and even now I realized that there are other ways to do things, find YOUR Niche and go with it!

Catch the wave!

Terri
  2. Cynthia J

Cynthia J New Member

Hi Decker,
    I just joined Coastal. I looked at the business for about a year and spoke with a couple of different directors, because I know to be sucessful you have to have a director thqt is willing to train you and I mean really train you!! I am fortunate to have my director. When you join be sure to find someone that is willing to help YOU!
    Good Luck and Happy Traveling
    Cynthia J.
  3. tomcha

tomcha New Member

Agreed. You have to do your own work. In running a business, there are just some things that you have to do yourself. But for others, especially routine work, you'd be wise to delegate it to others for a low fee.

Of course, you have to weigh the pros and cons for yourself, and only you can decide for you.

For me and others I know, having the Call Center handle the routine inquiry calls and screening the prospect for tirekickers and casual bizop shoppers is a tremendous time saver.

And you know what they say. Time is money. With the saved time, you can afford to market more aggressively or educate yourself more with various training methods available.

Thomas
  4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Terri,
    I train my folks mostly at night. I live in NC so I am on eastern time so I have to stay up late sometimes but that is OK by me. I am lucky to have some very dedicated new members who are very innovative and we will contact eachother however and whenever we need to for training. I use skype.com to call people so it is free and I use yahoo messenger and email also.
  5. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Harold you are fortunate that they don't need you for a 3way during the day.

I have people who are upset when I am not available during the day.

Terri
  6. tomcha

tomcha New Member

Terri, are you with the Call Center? Sorry I might have missed a previous post with that information.

With the Call Center, your member can actually do a 3 way call with the sales rep at the CC, rather than the director having to do them all personally.

Could be a great time saver.

Thomas
  7. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Quoting: jnapierI'm surprised to hear that. Be proactive. Every member of my team called me! I'm not one of those directors who chases people down. I specifically look for people who are Coachable, Trainable and Dependable. People who are big thinkers who are Self Starters.

You can't be totally successful with Coastal sitting on your sofa watching soap operas.

Jay NaPier

I beg your pardon? What makes you think I am sitting on my sofa watching soap operas? I have never seen a soap opera in my life and you know nothing about me. I think that was uncalled for. For your information, I called them and left a message and they never called me back. How much more proactive can I be? Why do you think I am here?

Please do not make judgements on a situation when you do not know the full story.
  8. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

You tell him, Noreen!
  9. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I'm surprised that someone as successful as Jay would look at returning a call that way. If someone is a good director they will do there very best to return the call as soon as possible or at least email you or leave a message so you aren't left hanging.
  10. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I will say this, I had a person opt into my site and I called him. The entire time I talked to him he did nothing but complain and tell me what a terrible time he had with his previous director and he said NOTHING positive during the whole call. By the time I got off the phone with him I was depressed myself. Well, he called me back about a month later and left a message and I purposefully decided not to call him back because he is not the kind of person I want to work with. He was totally negative and would be a drag on my and my team. I would condone not calling people like that back.
  11. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: tomchaTerri, are you with the Call Center? Sorry I might have missed a previous post with that information.

With the Call Center, your member can actually do a 3 way call with the sales rep at the CC, rather than the director having to do them all personally.

Could be a great time saver.

Yes, I am with the call center but had no idea that I could do that, thanks for telling me!!

Terri
  12. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Well, again, I have to take exception to the perception that anyone in this business in ANY group is in "sales".

I think it is false reality to say that, as has been pointed out in other posts by other members people at the call centre who are the most successful DO in fact call thier prospects. I know, as I have been called by Dean and Jeff as well. To say that I have to close my own sales is silliness.. people who have seen the information and gone to the live presentations that are serious and want to start their business can and will make that decision on their own. IF I had to close or convince them, I would also have to make them follow through. I have no desire to act like someones boss and call them up routinely to say "Joe, what have you done to grow yourself and YOUR business today/this week/ whatever". Granted, if I haven't heard from someone for a few days, I do give them a ring to see if everything is alright. Recently I was glad that I do that.. I had a team member in a car accident and she was in hospital. I was able to get her husband into her back office to set up an autoreply saying what happened and directing her people to get in touch with me. She made a training sale from her hospital bed, zero work required on her part save advertising. That felt really GREAT! So I am very sorry that your director did not get back to you- things DO happen but the majority of the people in Coastal are responsible if at all possible. If it was a case of dropping the ball, then you have learned already yourself to NEVER EVER do that!

I think it is false to say that all the non call centre groups or directors "chase" prospects and I also think it a falacy to say that we only have one advertising or marketing option. We are all independant business owners ANYWHERE in the Coastal family and therefore can advertise anywhere and anyhow we choose (provided we remain ethical- and then again some seem to bend to rules too) and market to whichever group we have passion for and interest in.

I know the statistics, but the bottom line is read between the lines in marketing claims. No group is perfect, and no group has all the answers for everyone. We all have the same product, and the reality is that there is NO secret ability, tools or weapon anyone else has that the rest of us don't. The fact that the majority of people in coastal giving testimonials do NOT have any kind of relevant backgroud speaks to that. For example, my background is healthcare.

Again, please remember that regardless of the group you choose, it is your own desire and the quality of the director you are working with that will make a difference at the end of the day.

On my team, I make myself available to everyone at any time. I don't use forums over direct, personal one on one coaching. Yes, forums are GREAT in that they allow others to get compound learning and the director to manage their time well. But I will NEVER EVER tell someone that needs an answer to go to a team call or wait for a forum meeting. If they ring I will help them, if I'm not available right then for whatever reason I will get right back to them ASAP. I feel that with that beautiful compensation plan, I am PAID to be here for people when they need me- of course, not at 3am! But I do have and keep my regular business hours that are during "prime time" for the business.

You are right, everyone who is successful must give credit to their group and their director. No one is an island, each of us needs all of us and all of us needs each of us.

I think that the group of people on this board are all very dedicated and passionate about their businesses and what they do. I also know that we all work very hard on our businesses and ourselves. I don't think anyone is going to tell you this is easy, but it IS simple- should you be motivated, coachable and reliable. So at the end of the day, do your homework and find out the facts and details for yourself that work and make sense for YOU!

I got started in September after doing extensive research and homework. I have experienced success, as well as my fair share of challenges. I can honestly say that the product is great, and the system is effective and time efficient and lots of FUN! Coastal Vacations is literally the 2nd best thing that I ever choose to have happen to me. My daughter being the first!

Best wishes in your future SUCCESS!

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  13. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

I agree with Jani. Thanks for your comments. I think as a team leader, you have to be available to your team. I know Harold is always around for me and returns my phone call as soon as he can.

I think that using the Call Center in conjunction with many other marketing ideas is the way to become super successful. Even if you do not like talking to people (fear of rejection) it is no big deal with Coastal because the more I learn about it, the more confident I am with it. If someone has a negative attitude, I just look at it like "their loss" and move on. I joined Coastal specifically for the Call Center but there is so much more to it than that!
  14. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: decker2006Even if you do not like talking to people (fear of rejection) it is no big deal with Coastal because the more I learn about it, the more confident I am with it. If someone has a negative attitude, I just look at it like "their loss" and move on.

Exactly.. bottom line is whether you are brand new or a veteran, people are rejecting the BUSINESS (which they don't know all about) and NOT you (which they really don't know the first thing about). If they have that attitude from the get go, you simply can't help them anyway.

I am with my team members every step of the way, for every call until they have that confidence and know how to be a professional sorter. I let them go when they tell me they are ready. It seems to work very well.

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  15. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello

I have to also add, that there are some people reading this who have joined coastal already. Even if you joined coastal with a terrible director whom you have grown to not like,and the upline director has disappeared there are so many training calls hosted by coastal, call centers etc you can get on and learn everything you need to become successful...(it is easier if you have a helpful upline, but where there is a will there is a way).

Most of the time a lack of success does not come from a lack of knowledge but a lack of sustained action. If you have been working regularly and steadily towards your goals, your time will come....it's the law of averages...

Most if not all of the automated coastal websites have great back offices with advise on where and how to advertise, sample ads, scripts and so many techniques on how to build your mailing list online as well as offline. The best thing is to choose a couple of things that resonate with you and do them every day.

If you do not have a director you can work with I know that many here on this forum would help you and steer you in the right direction.

I have at least a couple of calls every day asking me for assistance and I know I don't mind ever helping anyone in any group.

We all have our own expertise and I really believe in what goes around come around.

So if anyone needs help in 3 ways...and you have lost your director, you can call on me...

Hope this helps
    maria Porter (home office ph is on my website)

pS another tip Terry is that you can email the call center if you have a hot prospect that needs an immediate call back, and they do get right on it... [​IMG]
  16. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Hey guys and ladies....

Jeff Mills here... I finally made it over to all these forums I keep hearing people talk about.

What a great and lovely group of folks here!
  17. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: ibiznizpS another tip Terry is that you can email the call center if you have a hot prospect that needs an immediate call back, and they do get right on it...

Maria in all due respect but I did email two names to the call center support email AND called to request a call back and was told that the prospect HAD TO CALL them.

Jeff Mills is here now maybe he can confirm what I was told by email and on the phone that the prospects HAD TO CALL as they would not call them.

HI Jeff glad to have you here!!

Terri
  18. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Terri,
    I have had many times where I have had prospects that I had already qualified and I called the callcenter myself and gave them the number and they called them that day. The main thing is that they want them to be qualified financially so if you have qualified yourself, just call the call center and hit the "1" key and tell who ever answers that you have a qualified prospect for them to call and they should do it.
  19. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Speaking of GOOD DIRECTORS,
    I'm happy to see my director, Jeff Mills, is here! Let me say that this guy has been available to me pretty much anytime I need him. As a matter of fact, I can say that the only time I haven't been able to reach him for guidence has been when he was on vacation and he alerted me to the fact that he was going and wouldn't be available. When I log onto my computer and start up Yahoo Messenger I know that I can message Jeff and get an answer to a question immediately. I credit God and Jeff for my success with Coastal Vacations. He's a great director and he has taught me to be a great director. Thanks, Jeff.
  20. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjr The main thing is that they want them to be qualified financially so if you have qualified yourself, just call the call center and hit the "1" key and tell who ever answers that you have a qualified prospect for them to call and they should do it.

Okay so the key is to pre-qualify financially and tell the call center they have been pre-qualified.

Thank you Harold

Terri