Looking For Free Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by karma, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Tess T New Member

Writing articles really is the #1 FREE way to get traffic to your site - I write 3 or 4 per day. Other methods that work well are blogging, Squidoo lenses, Hubpages and SEO on your site.

Really work on your site to optimize each page for the search engines, then write quality articles, blog posts, Hubpages and Squidoo lenses linked to your page using the same keyword you are targeting in your links.

Also, submit your interesting blog posts, Hubpages, etc. to Digg.

By linking your articles to your blogs, your blogs to your lenses, etc., you create "link juice" which Google loves!

Keep doing these things and work hard - you will be successful!
  2. Steve New Member

I suggest you use Squidoo lenses. Articles are good, but Squidoo has the added benefit of a built in community. Here's an approach you can take.

Write 4 or 5 Squidoo lenses related to one of your products or services. If you use humor in your lenses they will get much more attention, as humor in a lens is rare.

Try to pick two main keywords for each lens that have 2000-5000 or fewer search results in Google. This will enable you to raise your rank faster and more easily. Use loweryourbidprice.com's free keyword tool to check the search volume of these keywords, and select two keywords that has a good ratio of results/searches.

When you write your Squidoo lenses be sure to include images, especially in the introduction. Also make sure there are keyword links to your site in your lens from beginning to end.

After publishing your lenses go to squidu.com and promote your lens in the forum there. You should also ping your lenses with Technorati.com. Spend time on Squidoo signing other people's guestbooks and getting links. If you spend an hour a day promoting your lenses in this way, you can shoot to the top fast.

Good luck!
  3. EmilyJames New Member

Thanks for the info on the sites. Will have to try
  4. soundstrue New Member

Hi I have been writing article but don't seem to get very high on google. how do you do it? Any help appreciated.

soundstrue
  5. sashawk New Member

Here are a couple of no-fee advertising stalwarts that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

1. Youtube Video comment sections.
    2. High-Traffic Forum comment sections.
    3. Kijiji
    4. Facebook and Myspace groups (you can easily add a couple of thousand friends in a week with Friend Blaster Pro software, and it's easy to add people on facebook manually)
    5. Newspaper article comment sections.
    6. Yahoo Answers and Wiki How
    *7. Creative Keyword Search Posting
    8. Your own content page with a domain that has a special past

You need to make sure your targeting your niche wherever possible.

It's easy to borrow traffic and I'm sure you'll think of some more ways after reading this or you can PM me if you want further info.

Sasha
  6. sashawk New Member

Soundstrue,

You can make $300/day within a couple of months article marketing if you're focused, have daily, doable targets, and know how to optimize a Squidoo Lens for the SERPS. I don't know if you're a member of Wealthy Affiliate or not but there are hundreds of posts on the WA forum every years, in which people announce their success in making $500 or more with Squidoo lenses marketing a single product using the WA blueprint.

You don't need Wealthy Affiliate to learn something a simple as optimizing a squidoo lens, although there are a lot of tricks of this trade that you'll need to get from someone who does it for a living.

Here are the basics:

1. Get a list of KW Phrases related to the product or site you are promoting. Include competitors names and popular related topics in your search, which you could use the Google Keyword tool for. Download this as a spreadsheet.
    2. Find KW Phrases (these will be mostly longtail -- as strictly opposed to dovetail (bad joke)) among those in your list that have less than 5000 "natural" listings. Search these on Google, and check to see if the first page results have page ranks lower than Squidoo's (Squidoo generates the highest page rank of all article sites) average. Use the Google toolbar for this, or they have a stand-alone tool that does this I believe, as well. You might want to take something broad like "make money" and generalize it into something like "make money online using a blog." WA has a tool that will do this for you but I'm sure their are other tools as good as this available on the internet, though you may have to pay.
    3. You should also evaluate the amount of traffic the KW Phrase is getting. I used a tool provided by WA but their are many other equally serviceable tools available for free online.
    4. Write a 300-500 word article. If longer split into two or more.
    Include the KW phrase you are targeting as 3 to 5 per cent of the content, or 3-7 times (the variance is due to the fact that some KW phrases that you use will be shorter than others). Include it in headline twice, the first graph, the middle graph (or bullet section, if you are writing a list) and the closing one.
    6. Have at least five modules. Get rid of everything but the text/write, introduction, RSS, guestbook and video (the latter two are not necessary but if you create a youtube video about your product you have a dynamic traffic-pumping duo that you need to unite). Include a h1 (header) tag and description, title and kw meta tags.
    7. Submit your articles here: http://www.google.com/addurl
    and social bookmark them at the top five or six social bookmark sites.
  7. triplec New Member

Free traffic use friendster or myspace la..The fastest way but you have to be handsome or pretty...
  8. DEasy1 New Member

I agree with most of the people that have replied. Writing good solid articles really does appear to be the way to go.
  9. zachsamson123 New Member

Hey Steve...thanks for the great advice about squiddo...I am going to put that to use today!

Zach

p.s.
    this post has been truly helpful
  10. zachsamson123 New Member

Hey guys,

any other great sites to write articles on? I released a press release on market-it.com, but I don't know of any othe article writing websites.

Thanks

Zach