Looking For Work At Home Employment. Can ANYONE Help?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by ThreeD, Apr 17, 2006.

1. ThreeD

ThreeD New Member

I am currently looking for a job working from home. I have done Data Entry for around 7 years. I have done MANY searches for online jobs, but most turn out to be scams. Does anyone on here know of any that actually WORK and have done them? Thanks for any help.
  2. melamom

melamom New Member

Go to the telecommuting section of this forum . West Agents does work I know someone doing it.
  3. ralphgreene

ralphgreene New Member

Are you looking for hourly paid type of work or are you looking to start your own business?
  4. islandboy

islandboy New Member

Hello ThreeD. I hope you have better luck than I did. I joined this forum a few days ago asking the same question you are asking now and no one answered. Undaunted I started going through the posts and following the threads. I was directed to several websites that sounded promising, websites recommended by the people in thisforum, but all they turned out to be were yet more "business opportunities" that required an investment from me. They may or may not be legitimate; I did not purchase any of their products or programs, but they were not opportunities for "work".

I am giving up on the whole idea of finding real "work from home" opportunities through google searches because these characters have it set up that their links show up when you search for "work". I'm going to try Monster.com, Kelley Services online. They have a category for telecommuting, but the two I've tried so far have just been more attempts to get my credit card number in exchange for "an opportunity to make $5000 a month"! Sheeeesss!

I hope you get this message. I'm sure my "membership" in this forum will be cancelled (my first one was under another name) because I am not willing to "play ball" with these guys who have their own links in their messages even though there are big red letters stating "no affiliate/self promotional links"....LOL.

I know there are work at home "jobs" available; just not thru google and definitely not thru this forum. I am going to keep searching and if I hear of any, I will shoot you a message. If you are still posting in here, that is.

Bon chance....
  5. islandboy

islandboy New Member

You'll notice that melamom tells you to check the telecommuting section of this forum, but gives you no clue as to where it is. you'll notice that both melamom and ralphgreene who have responded to you have links to their own websites in their responses. These are more "business opportunities"......not "jobs". If you are looking for a "job", look elsewhere.

Good Luck.
  6. islandboy

islandboy New Member

How do I find the telecommuting section of this forum?
  7. ThreeD

ThreeD New Member

Quoting: ralphgreeneAre you looking for hourly paid type of work or are you looking to start your own business?

Whichever would be the quickest way to start.
  8. ThreeD

ThreeD New Member

Quoting: islandboyHello ThreeD. I hope you have better luck than I did. I joined this forum a few days ago asking the same question you are asking now and no one answered. Undaunted I started going through the posts and following the threads. I was directed to several websites that sounded promising, websites recommended by the people in thisforum, but all they turned out to be were yet more "business opportunities" that required an investment from me. They may or may not be legitimate; I did not purchase any of their products or programs, but they were not opportunities for "work".

I am giving up on the whole idea of finding real "work from home" opportunities through google searches because these characters have it set up that their links show up when you search for "work". I'm going to try Monster.com, Kelley Services online. They have a category for telecommuting, but the two I've tried so far have just been more attempts to get my credit card number in exchange for "an opportunity to make $5000 a month"! Sheeeesss!

I hope you get this message. I'm sure my "membership" in this forum will be cancelled (my first one was under another name) because I am not willing to "play ball" with these guys who have their own links in their messages even though there are big red letters stating "no affiliate/self promotional links"....LOL.

I know there are work at home "jobs" available; just not thru google and definitely not thru this forum. I am going to keep searching and if I hear of any, I will shoot you a message. If you are still posting in here, that is.

Bon chance....

Thank you very much for the information. I know what you mean: Every time I do a search, they are always asking for an "investment". However, I AM NOT going to pay someone to work! That is a big "SCAM" alert, in my opinion. I was always told that "if you are asked to pay for work", steer CLEAR! Thanks again for the information. Totally appreciated!
  9. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Check out the following thread for information on work at home jobs:
    Work at home jobs
  10. islandboy

islandboy New Member

Whew......just spent a good hour or more checking out the link above....and again, they are all places that want money. I don't question that some people may make some money from these sites but those people are "sales" oriented, not "service" oriented.

I am tempted to go ahead and make the "investment" on a couple of them just to see what it's all about, but I have a real problem with companies asking you to invest in them without providing their business plan before money changes hands.....seems backwards to me. In other words, if I buy their "package" what, exactly do I get? do I get a list of job offers or a list of other "opportunities" that require still more investment from me?

I think if you are "sales" oriented and are not depending on the income from these "opportunities" its possible to make a few extra bucks but for people like you and me who are looking for a "job", this is not the answer. So I've decided to take a risk and print up some flyers and business cards, take an ad out in my local paper, and see what happens. That's an investment I can live with. In the meantime....LOL.....I'm gonna start looking for a job the traditional way.
  11. BabyCheeks

BabyCheeks New Member

I agree. I have refused to pay a website to work. The whole concept of that, is obvious that it's a scam. It's horrible if you really think about the way they take advantage of those who don't know any better. They get people who are new to this field and whisper all this money talk in their ears. You can earn 30,000 in your first month! So they pay and get ripped off.

I would reccommend ConsumerCandy.com it's free to join. I joined them a couple weeks ago. I have generated revenue from them. Give it a look.
  12. britty23

britty23 New Member

check www.verafast.net click on fill out the app and some one will get back with you
  13. ThreeD

ThreeD New Member

Quoting: islandboyWhew......just spent a good hour or more checking out the link above....and again, they are all places that want money. I don't question that some people may make some money from these sites but those people are "sales" oriented, not "service" oriented.

I TOTALLY agree with you!
  14. ThreeD

ThreeD New Member

Quoting: BabyCheeksI would reccommend ConsumerCandy.com it's free to join. I joined them a couple weeks ago. I have generated revenue from them. Give it a look.

Thanks! I will definitely check that out.
  15. ThreeD

ThreeD New Member

Quoting: britty23check www.verafast.net click on fill out the app and some one will get back with you

Yea, I filled out one of the questionnaires yesterday, but I haven't gotten a response back from them yet.
  16. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

Hello Islandboy,

I am service oriented, though with any type of service you offer, don't you also want to 'sell' that service? While there are a few who would welcome you to visit their sites or do what they're doing, many others here offer sound advice.

I have learned a lot from this forum, and while I am not a 'seller' by nature, nor desire, I have learned that to market my services, I must learn the name of the game, and that's marketing. So learn what you can from this board. You may still find something that will help.
  17. melamom

melamom New Member

18. made2prosper

made2prosper New Member

Hey guys! Are you looking for a "JOB" or a "BUSINESS" There is a difference. One you have the opportunity to make the money YOU desire... the other is you make the money THEY want you to make. If you are interested in BUSINESS you need to take a look at the 1stepsystem. I have recently joined this and it is working better than any other "Home Business" I have taken part in. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call 419-221-0947
    ~Scott
  19. thegiftlady

thegiftlady New Member

I wonder if I can help. I am a member of four businesses now, and I haven't had to make much investment. I paid nothing to join. I am not required to buy anything. I just buy the catalogs and things to get my business off the ground. I have to have something to advertise myself, and that costs money. I don't have much to spend, so I had to find some places that I wouldn't be required to spend anything. Three of the businesses are on my website. I am getting ready to ad the fourth, but just joined last night. See how easy it was, it was the middle of the night, and I just signed up. I didn't have a dime to spend, so, it was obviously free. You may want to have a peek, if not you, then maybe others. Good luck to you!
  20. ThreeD

ThreeD New Member

Quoting: asilcutieI'm was in the same boat that you are in. I looked evryaday on the

internet and signing up with different companies and paying fees

thinking that i was really going to make 300-500wk but didnt all i got

was a e-book or someone emailing me saying thank you and giving me a

list for jobs. But then i saw this on oprah and decided to do it

belive me it works. If you dont have a premier account on paypal go

get one its free. Get the premier not personal because the person cant

recieve debit payments. Now follow these instructions and guarntee it

works and you dont have to alot of money only $5. email if any ?'s

[email protected].

Actually, I have tried something VERY similar to this, and IT DOES NOT work!