Macbook Pro Users?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by mountainmom5, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mountainmom5 Gold Member

How many Macbook Pro users are there on here ? I am looking at possibly getting one but am weighing the pros and cons of spending almost two grand for a Macbook Pro versus a third of that on a really nice Laptop with the latest gadgets...

I wold love some feedback... pros and cons of using Macbook to do internet marketing....

Can't wait to see what ya'll have to tell me.[IMG]
  2. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

I would love a macbook pro! I just have not broke down and got one yet.

You can buy a top of the line windows for so much less..

But I love macs. We used them in school o.0.

No viruses, more stable operating system, cleaner look to everything (in my mind), they run faster, all important software is compatible with macs, (some great software exclusive to them).

Should really boost productivity.

I think I'll wait til next year to get one for tax reasons =].

But I vote yes.

Matt
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks Matt - I made an extra cool commission on my survival site that will help pay for it.. [IMG]
  4. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

mountainmom5: Thanks Matt - I made an extra cool commission on my survival site that will help pay for it..
    Haha I have checked that site out SEVERAL times.

It is great [IMG].

"best survival knife"

What a great term to be number 1 for!

At least I think I remember that one being yours :p.

Matt
  5. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Matt Zenittini: At least I think I remember that one being yours :p.
    It is. [IMG]

Someone went thru my site and bought $8000 worth of survival stuff - netting me a cool $800.[IMG]

Wish it would happen every day. lol
  6. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

mountainmom5: Someone went thru my site and bought $8000 worth of survival stuff - netting me a cool $800.

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]!!!

Wow lol. That is a lot of survival stuff!

Congratulations [IMG].!
  7. judgmentbuy New Member

Macs Rock! You can even run Windows on them. Macs have a lot less problems, that is for sure.
  8. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Matt Zenittini: Wow lol. That is a lot of survival stuff!
    Yeah I know! Now if I can beckon some more of that kind of buyers to shuffle thru my 'doorway' in their quest...[IMG]
  9. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I keep going back and forth on the whole Mac thing cause you see I have been working on a 10 year old desktop for so long that ANYTHING will be like from heaven... but now that I can actually afford to splurge a bit I keep thinking of everything I can do with the OTHER $1000 if I simply get a laptop that is half the cost of a Mac.

Know what I mean?

My hubby keeps telling me I won't be sorry but deep down inside I just think HE wants to play with it too then. lol

Anyways - it'll probably be a Mac cause if I get anything else and have ANY issues with it, he is going to use the you know what words on me.... umhm ... the 'I told you so honey' ones and I despise that phrase bad enough it just might be worth spending the extra money. LOL
  10. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

My brother just got a Mac and I was tempted too initially. You know how Mac users start raving about how good their Mac is and once you switch to a Mac, you never would want to go back to a PC.

However, when I really got in the analyzing mode, here are couple of things that prevented me from going for a Mac:

1. I use quite a few software (which I can't live without) for which there are no Mac alternatives available.

2. I really don't want to go through another learning curve. Having used a PC for almost 10 years, I can find a solution for almost any problem (software related) in my PC within few minutes.

3. Like you said, I really couldn't justify the cost of a Mac when I can get a really good desktop and a laptop for the price of a Mac.

4. In terms of reliability, I really don't think that's a major issue as if you go with a good brand, you really shouldn't be having any problems. I haven't had any major problems with my laptop till now.

5. Service. Agreed that you won't get as many problems on a Mac as a PC, but if you get one? Are there Apple service centers in your area? I couldn't find one in mine.
  11. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks Vishal - you think like me.....
  12. newbiz02 New Member

As a marketer i use a whole lot of software.
    And mac support for these are not readily available - since most of the apps are written for windows platform.

With $1000 to spare, do you know how much work i can outsource?!! For me it's a no brainer. We all struggle at this internet thing so reinvesting the money is what i would do [IMG]

Also, vishal already mentioned the other points i was gonna talk about, so no need to repeat it.

cheers.
  13. mountainmom5 Gold Member

okay so far what I am getting is that the ones that DON'T have a Mac are thinking it would be nice but the ones that have USED one are saying to be careful about getting one...

Am I correct?
  14. JTMx29 New Member

Mountain Mom,

I recommend the Macbook Pro because it is a very sleek, efficient, and rigid computer. Before purchasing my Macbook I was a Windows user my whole life.

After going to college for a couple of years I realized how ridiculous the Windows OS is and how many components of it are just clunky (things are getting better) I decided to get a Macbook.

Here is my reasoning for the Macbook Pro:

I could have went with a really nice Windows laptop, however, most Windows based laptops by HP, Dell, and Toshiba are made out of the same plastic bezel garbage. I wanted something that will last me throughout college. Also, most OEM laptops have terrible battery life and cheap screens (ehmm ACER).

The Macbook Pro offers many pros like:

-LED screen.
    -DDR3 ram.
    -Full aluminum body.
    -Chicklet keyboard.
    -The most intuitive trackpad I have ever used.

Not to continue on this long post, but the Macbook Pro has been the most enjoyable computer to use. The guestures that go along with the trackpad are amazing.
  15. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks JTMx29 - I really appreciate everyone taking the time to share.