Mailing List Help

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Bears_Cubs119, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Bears_Cubs119

Bears_Cubs119 New Member

Hello everyone.

I am using XSitePro to build my website and used the form wizard to make a email subscription box. Now I have no idea how to make it so I can collect the email addresses and send stuff out.

I have an account at JustHost (dot) com and saw that they have a mailing list option, but I have no idea how it works. Any help/advice?

Thanks.

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi BearsCubs,

You should also be able to get support from your hosting account. Not all accounts have tutorials or good tech support, but try it and see.

~Newbie Shield~

4. magume

magume New Member

Can be useful, found here http://www.xsitepro.com/customer-questions-xsitepro-features.html

"Yes - and XSitePro makes it really easy to set this up...

In the powerful right-click menu (accessible from the designer windows, throughout XSitePro) you'll see a menu option called the "Forms Wizard".

This incredible feature of XSitePro not only enables you to insert great-looking forms into your web pages, but also lets you connect those forms to your mailing list, using a number of "submission method" options, including:

XMailPro (a service operated by XSitePro ourselves)
    AWeber
    GetResponse
    ListMailPro
    And, if you don't have access to any of the above third party tools, then you can even have XSitePro forward all the form submissions to you right in your regular e-mail inbox.

List-building really is an essential part of doing business online, and using XSitePro you can ensure that you tap into this lucrative channel."

Vicky

5. Bears_Cubs119

Bears_Cubs119 New Member

Thanks magume, but I still don't quit follow. What I don't get is, say I have a gmail account. Can I use that email address to receive the submissions? Also, how do I send out an email message to all my subscribers all at once?

Thank for all your help guys. Again, I'm sorry, I am just kind of lost right now. [​IMG]

6. Bears_Cubs119

Bears_Cubs119 New Member

Also, is there any free methods that people are using. Sorry for the double post.

7. gowriter

gowriter Member

I've never used a mailing list program from a web host before. I think it would be easier for you to use an autoresponder instead like Aweber, Get Response, iContact, etc.

I use Automate Your List which is really good. It's the cheaper partner site of Aweber which is considered top of the line.

Automate Your List is easy, cheaper than Aweber and the web form is already created in the end. ALl you have to do is copy the html code, then paste into your website where you want it to go.

Be sure that whenever you paste html code into your website, you're in html mode on your site.