Mailing Lists and Auto-responders

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by rcarney6, Jul 17, 2008.

1. rcarney6

rcarney6 New Member

I hear a lot about building lists. I'm also sure autoresponders play a large part in managing such lists. How would you get started?
  2. trussvegas

trussvegas New Member

There are several different autoresponders available; some better than others. Some free and some not free. I like Aweber and GetResponse. What I like the most about GetResponse is that they have GetSubscribers, which allows you to purchase 200 real people that click on your ad to subscribe to your newsletter (ezine) for less than $100.
  3. lsjohnson

lsjohnson New Member

The best way to get a list started is to build a blog/website and give informative information to the public about a need everyone might have. Keep it updated and have a spot where people can sign-up for a newsletter or RSS Feed so they Opt-In to giving you their e-mail address. This is by far the best method to "get" your list.

Now to utilize that list you would start what's called a "dip campaign". This is where you constantly on a regular basis e-mail your subscribers with your campaign. You can do this using a program that'll make pretty templates and flashy e-mails. I would recommend the one provided by Another cheaper method is to use Microsoft Outlook to create a distribution list and plug in your list into that.

If you have any further questions feel free to PM/E-mail me.