Major SEO changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

I have just incorporated a major addon that'll change the existing forum urls to more search engine friendly urls. The old urls will still point to the new ones.

Your views are welcome!

2. residualcash

residualcash New Member

That works for me. Sounds great.

3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Any improvements you make that benefit the forum and its members are always welcome. [​IMG]

Hermas

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Sounds good! At first when I saw this topic, I thought you were going to review new factors that influence SEO in general! [​IMG]

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I trust you Vishal.... you know way more about this stuff than I do...[​IMG]

6. Vishal P. Rao

7. samda

samda Member

Hi Vishal - I hope you remember that I PMed you one day regarding this. Nice to see this incorporated.

Sam

8. Vishal P. Rao

samueldarwin: Hi Vishal - I hope you remember that I PMed you one day regarding this. Nice to see this incorporated.

Sam
    Yes Sam! It just happened that the forum guys introduced a free mod and I got tempted. It was a tough decision as it meant re-indexing the entire forum pages and on top of that getting old links to internal pages redirected. Luckily I believe Google has been kind enough and the results are appreciative.

9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

getagrip: Sounds good! At first when I saw this topic, I thought you were going to review new factors that influence SEO in general!

Yeah, same thing here. I think this is a good move. This will also get many of the topics here in the forum on the first page of Google.

Tal

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Always getting better and better. I like it! [​IMG]

11. lisafox

lisafox Guest

Lovely Vishal! You truely work on your forum rather than the other forum admins. It feels good to be a member of this forum.

12. Marketing_Junkie

Marketing_Junkie New Member

This is an excellent move as the major search engines prefer URLs with descriptive keywords rather than numbered IDs.