Making a living...living, but how?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Nickm01, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Nickm01

Nickm01 New Member

I just recently started up my own home based business which is really MLM oriented. I have the greatest product and really its provided me with all of the needed things to promote it. Still waiting on business cards though. I have everything from the website to the videos. But I'm having trouble marketing it over the phone While I will be doing this personally and in person I want to have the options of being able to call people as well. I have 70,000+ people who are interested in a job to call from but NO ONE wants a home based business. I literally get people telling me....."no, I don't want to be my own boss" Really? Who says something like that?! I don't got the money, time ect. I have great rebutals but yet people seem so turned off by working from home. I even go over the full support I will give them. A Big problem is dealing with people who literally want the world handed to them on a silver platter.

The Majority of people I deal with over the phone want the easy way out. I want to tell them there isn't one or what they're looking for doesn't exist. The get an interview, go in, get hired, then be told to go work at home job they're looking for or....the minimum wage data entry job that no one can tell me what exactly it is haha. What are your suggestions on dealing with people who only are interested in the impossible?
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Nickm01: I have 70,000+ people who are interested in a job to call from but NO ONE wants a home based business.
    The harsh reality is YOU need to change your mindset.
    There are 15 million people "interested" in a job and plenty who are willing to work.
    70K+ is a small percentage compared to those who DO want to work from home.
    Throw away that list and create a new one of people LOOKING for what you have.
    Nickm01: What are your suggestions on dealing with people who only are interested in the impossible?
    Show them a way to do the "impossible", a word I refuse to validate.
    "You have to see the invisible to create the impossible."
    Don't pre-judge the customers and give up so easy.
    The only way to fail is to quit learning.
    Try positive thinking instead.
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Just keep going and you will do well. A lot of people will say no. You just need to keep going no matter what and you will find leaders who will join under you.

Never give up.
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

You apparently got the drive and will, but you may be getting in front of the wrong audience. Somehow your marketing was geared towards job seekers. If doing that way, you have to find out if they are open to non traditional career options. If yes show the presentation, if no have a nice day.

Also, realize people don't want to be their own boss if in their mind they envision the only boss they know, that they don't like and see all the work they do. What people do want is a good opportunity to earn additional income.

You may want to just find out if they want to looking at an option to earn additional income from the comfort of their own home and not talk about being their own boss.
  5. jessewestphal

jessewestphal New Member

I know how you feel, I felt the same way when I started calling cold leads. What I found was the leads I was calling were people looking for a job, not looking for a home business. What I did was and you might want to try is, get rid of those leads and get more targeted leads, leads that are looking to start a home based business. You will be paying more for them but its worth talking to people that are interested than wasting your time with leads looking for a job. Cold calling is tough but never quit and you will succeed.
  6. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Nickm01: A Big problem is dealing with people who literally want the world handed to them on a silver platter.

The Majority of people I deal with over the phone want the easy way out. I want to tell them there isn't one or what they're looking for doesn't exist.
    They are the ones who are conditioned to be employees and have no ambitions. They are not what you want.
  7. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I agree with Just2EZ. You are targeting the wrong people. You need to do your marketing in a way that people are calling you not the other way around.
  8. toddmoore79

toddmoore79 New Member

Always stay in constant communication with your downline and make your goal to achieve success for them. If you make your downline success full then you will be successful. Once you figure out a system that works replicate it and share that with your reps. Always stay dedicated to your downline.