Making business contacts on this forum

Discussion in 'Forum Usage' started by samo, May 28, 2013.

1. samo

samo New Member

The main reason i joined this forum is to make some business contacts in USA... I would like to talk up my MLM project, but it seems, everything i'd write would be consider ''spamming''.
    Try to understand me, I have no contacts in USA whatsoever, yet I believe my project would be interested to thousands of people...
    I am not writing this in order to get contacts, yet in order to get some infos of in which way is it ''legal'' to do this on this forum... :) I don't want to write to each persons INBOX and start spamming, since I hate this myself. I am looking for a way to get some interested business contacts, and that the moderators will say it's ok. :)
    Hopefully, mod won't consider this thread as spamming.
    KR
    Samo

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

You are correct in assuming you would be banned for spamming if you are fishing for contacts.
    You can start a REVIEW of the MLM opportunity under "Business Opportunities and Program Reviews".
    What you can't do is say "Contact Me" or "Click my link", nor can you spam others members inbox.
    You may include a GENERIC link to the business but not a personal affiliate link in the posts.
    If anyone is interested they can contact you through your signature or message your inbox.
    This is not a free advertising forum to promote your business but a review is welcome.
    (Read the user terms and rules carefully for what types of business are forbidden.)
    Hope that helps and you find the contacts you are looking for.

Vishal P. Rao likes this.
  3. samo

samo New Member

See, that's the problem... Terms and Rules of this MLM company says that I can not advertise its name and that I can only work with my ''friends'' and down-line.. But we don't have any contacts in USA so this is a dead end... :( I can see that someone was already talking about it, but if you ask me - he/she is or will soon loose his/hers ID in the company.. That's something I don't want.. So I'll have to find other ways to get business contacts in US.
    Thanks anyway

4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Glad you are aware of your company's terms and follow them.
    As for finding contacts and housing in New York, try Craigslist.org
    You can post under "Wanted" and someone may know someone.
    There are other free classified sites that let you advertise.
    You can pay BackPage to advertise in multiple cities.

Quite a few threads here cover which sites are the best for what.
    Here's a good thread to start with: Free Classified Ad Sites
    That's what this forum is for, sharing what we know.

5. samo

samo New Member

Thanks, that could be very helpful, eve tough I tried free ands before and it didn't work... I'll use these link and see what happens. I'll also start google adwords campaign by the end of the week. Their terms and conditions also says i should talk up my companies name and what we do - but for a few days - it'll work and that's enough to get a few contacts in US.. :p