Making money mailing postcards

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by janice, Apr 28, 2009.

1. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

That is key. One may have to test design and leads but once you have that working postcards work, as with any good marketing. Duplication super easy if people spend the money to be consistent.

Also great if you have a product that people will want and you do not have to focus just on signing up other distributors. This would give you dual ways to benefit from the post card marketing.

2. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

Looking closely at the opening post in this topic, I am not sure the person who started this topic is actually referring to direct mail marketing, which I know from personal experience is effective.

They may be talking about getting paid by someone to send postcards, similar to getting paid to stuff envelopes. If that is what this is about, as Newbie Shield stated, STAY AWAY FROM IT.

If this is referring to the use of direct mail marketing of a business to generate leads and sign ups for that business, Free Cash Man and several others of us here already did a good job of explaining the benefits of this method of advertising.

payment proof likes this.
  3. George87

George87 New Member

What kind of postcards?

4. George87

George87 New Member

What kind of postcard? Reminds of a Seinfeld Episode!

payment proof likes this.
  5. Art

Art Member

There are gigs on Fiverr of people willing to send a postcard from where they live to anywhere in the world... $5 for each postcard sent... You can try it if you think it is worth your time...
    Good luck,
    Art

6. Monica Suggs

Monica Suggs New Member

Interesting enough... I think postcards are making a comeback.

Redesigned postcard mailings are helping a lot of Real Estate Brokers (friends of mine) increase their direct mail response rates by 46%.

The postcards are part of an integrated marketing program including email and social media.

The postcards, which cost 86 cents per piece, are printed in a four-color format and measure 5-1/2-by-8-1/2 inches. The firm's old pieces—standard three-by-five inch black-and-white postcards—cost about 45 cents each.

About twice a month, they get between 10 and 15 leads from postcards sent to lists of households compiled from property tax records within a five to 10 mile radius of the homes put up for sale. The brokerage also has a direct mail housefile of 25,000 names, which include prior clients who moved out of state.

"Generally speaking, postcard recipients call the brokerage instead of the other way around," he says. "'I got your card, I'm holding it in my hand,' they'll say."

To help nurture its leads, they use an email database to send out a monthly newsletter containing information on topics ranging from financing options to local home maintenance and repair services.

"This has helped immensely. "It builds relationships and helps the bond with customers and to retain repeat referral business."

Since a lot of business have gone to "email marketing". I have noticed that my home mailbox is less and less crowded.... therefore... less competition.

I think their success rate will increase since there is less competition in the mailbox.

So I think overall... it is making a comeback, and I think we will see this change coming about very shortly.