Medical Billing

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by lacy_amy, Jul 8, 2008.

1. lacy_amy

lacy_amy New Member

Does anyone out there do medical billing? I have been looking into working from home and was reading about medical transcription and billing. I talked to a few people who stated that medical transcription was very saturated and that medical billing was the way to go. Are there any companies out there that hire people without experience? Where is the best place to go to get trained?
  2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

If it would involve "contacting" those who haven't paid their bills on time, I'd avoid it. I may be mistaken, but it sounds like a debt collector job. Otherwise, good luck.

~Newbie Shield~
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

No, billing usually does not involve collection of bills, but you need relevant experience. Check forums which are dedicated to billing.
  4. MedTranHome

MedTranHome New Member

Medical transcription is by no means saturated. There are always jobs available.
  5. nancycarolcss

nancycarolcss New Member

[​IMG] The Medical Transcription field is not saturated. There are tons of jobs available and most of them are work at home positions. I am attending a number one school and upon graduation, I will have a rewarding and profitable career. Also, when I graduate, I will have earned two years experience due to the intensive nature of the program. I am so excited and this is truly a life changing opportunity!

Nancy
    MT Student
    [Links removed - Admin]
  6. nunna3rd

nunna3rd New Member

Are there any schools that offer online courses for medical billing or medical coding? How long are the courses?
  7. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I think Career step offers an online course for medical coding, which is widely accepted.
  8. nancycarolcss

nancycarolcss New Member

MTACC also offers a Medical Coding program. Look for contact information at www.mtacc.net.
    Good luck,
    Nancy

MT Student
    [Links removed - Admin]
  9. nunna3rd

nunna3rd New Member

Does anyone know if student loans or grants apply for medical billing or coding?