Meditate to increase efficiency and productivity

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Vishal P. Rao, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

You may ask, how can doing nothing improve productivity and efficiency?

When you meditate, stress levels decrease, focus improves and you can see things more clearly. As a result, you'll be able to complete tasks faster and with less errors. If you job involves lot of decision making, you'll be more likely to make the right choices.

You may have noticed how your energy levels and focus drops through the time of the day. Meditation helps to reset your mind and body so you can work with same level of intensity through out your work period.

Just ten minutes of simple technique like watching your breath (or any of your favorite technique) before taking up each task can do wonders to your overall productivity. It's like taking mini vacations every day. Try it now!
  2. getagrip Gold Member

You can also try and do some physical activity. Sometimes, when you are sitting in front of a computer for too long, you can get restless, and the physical activity can help calm your nerves. It won't quite have the same effect as meditating, but physical exercise has its benefits, and it goes way beyond just looking better.
  3. joeygirl New Member

Also increase your understanding of yourself - the fact that you are a soul, not just a human being, and that your purpose is to achieve your highest level of vibration.

If this sound airey-fairey, look for a free report in which Bob Proctor (teacher and philosopher from The Secret) is interviewed by Stephen Pierce. It makes a lot of sense.

Joey
  4. cherie27 New Member

Vishal P. Rao: You may ask, how can doing nothing improve productivity and efficiency?

When you meditate, stress levels decrease, focus improves and you can see things more clearly. As a result, you'll be able to complete tasks faster and with less errors. If you job involves lot of decision making, you'll be more likely to make the right choices.

Maybe what you say is correct.
  5. successful2008 New Member

Meditation does relax not only the mind, but the body & spirit. I do not meditate, but I know quite a few that does; and it works for them. When I am stressed, I focuse on the good not the bad. I look for the future. I will change the situation that I am in to change the stress.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  6. Dell New Member

I am a big fan of meditation as well. I think a quiet mind is a creative mind. Exercise helps too...
  7. Spirit12 New Member

Meditation is one of the greastest tools. I know if a person is new to this practice, I tell them to start with 5-10 min. in the morn., and 5-10 in the eves. Find a comfortable spot that is free of distractions. Sit or lie down. Start with taking a few slow deep breaths, then, tell your body to relax. While letting your body relax, say, "I am peaceful and relaxed, now" in your mind. You can start with the head or the feet. Tell your feet they are relaxed, now-next the ankles-the lower legs-knees-upper legs, etc. Thank your body for all that it does for you.-be thankful. If the mind wonders, gently let go of the thought that entered & return to the relaxing. This done on a day to day basis will bring about an abundance of blessings.

I've been meditating for a couple of decades. I like the fact that no matter where I am I can relax in a couple of minutes. This is my second tool on my list of spiritual practices.

I am new to the forum world. Let me say, I am learning a lot of very useful information. This is enjoyable.

Blessings To You!!
    Cheryl Mershon
  8. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Spirit12: This is my second tool on my list of spiritual practices.

Hi Cheryl,

What is your first tool?

You might enjoy visiting this forum:

http://www.stressmanagementforum.com/

Meditation and related topics are discussed. Since you've been into it for so long, you might be able to offer some interesting dialogue.

~Newbie Shield~
  9. Spirit12 New Member

Well Hi, Newbie Shield,

My 1st tool is prayer to God.. I belong to a very special fellowship that saved my life in more ways than one..

Thanks for the info on the forum..

God Bless,
    Cheryl
  10. Phil Stones New Member

Well I've never tried it but need to de-stress in these times so I may give it a whirl when the day quietens down later on.....
  11. srirad0675 New Member

Meditation is literally like charging our batteries. It infuses a lot of positive energy into the person who practices it. But what you do in meditation is very important! If meditation is not done correctly, it could lead to psychic disorders.
    The best thing to do is to get the best method and a guide who is an expert.
    You may try Sahaj Marg, the natural path. This website www.srcm.org gives more details
    I have practiced this method and found it to be really useful and easy to practice. It is one real energizer!!
  12. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I love meditation more than anything else.
    Reading spiritual books...the more I read, the more I am not-so-mysteriously led to!

Talk about improving focus, and joy. I would think everyone would benefit from this ancient practice.

I also love my children so much. After a long day of home school, IM and class, I put them to bed and soar!
    Victoria
  13. nanlar New Member

At first I found meditation quite the opposite of what I expected. I was preparing to feel a sense of peace but instead became restless, anxious, and downright bored. I continued to meditate though and little by little I began to experince a peace I had never before achieved. Now I cannot wait for my meditation time period. I encourage everyone to at least give it a try.
  14. mjb13815 New Member

These are great tips on meditation and will definitely help our businesses and our lives in general. I am going to give it a shot.
  15. bobbiehovey New Member

Meditation is great for many things including increasing focus and stamina. I also find a little 10 minute yoga session in the middle of the day helps to get circulation going and makes you take a break from what you are doing.
  16. Levi501 New Member

I agree with this post. I disagree with the guy in another post who feels like his world is upside down now that he's lost his job. Daily routines at work and home can leave you with unnecessary chatter that can drive you crazy before you go to sleep. Sometimes a loss of a job or even a friend can bring you back to reality helping you meditate on the thoughts you've been putting off.

[Post edited - Admin]