Members and Shopping

Discussion in 'My Powermall' started by duckbird, Dec 3, 2007.

1. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

I think the idea is this;

For you to earn from this business people in your team has to shop. Now it does not mean they have to shop more. It just means they shop for things they normally do anyway. It is just that this time instead of going to the local stores, or other online sites, they should shop from their own malls. That is it.

If everybody in the team thinks the same, there will be income for everybody. So now every time I think of buying something, I always look for availability in my MPM first.

This is your stores, your mall, your business. Why giving money from shopping to other shops if you can get the same things from your own stores.

Keep working on your business. I have had dry spells too. And then one member in my team started to work seriously and that keeps me more motivated when I see my downline all of a sudden explode in a few days.

2. hellothere

hellothere New Member

Very true, ka7952

3. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Quoting: ka7952I think the idea is this;

For you to earn from this business people in your team has to shop. Now it does not mean they have to shop more. It just means they shop for things they normally do anyway. It is just that this time instead of going to the local stores, or other online sites, they should shop from their own malls. That is it.

If everybody in the team thinks the same, there will be income for everybody. So now every time I think of buying something, I always look for availability in my MPM first.

This is your stores, your mall, your business. Why giving money from shopping to other shops if you can get the same things from your own stores.

Keep working on your business. I have had dry spells too. And then one member in my team started to work seriously and that keeps me more motivated when I see my downline all of a sudden explode in a few days.

Exactly![​IMG]

4. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

It would be wonderful if people can be convinced to sign up easily and everybody has about 10,000 malls in his/her team and everybody spends at least $150 per month, wouldn't it?

That is the goal, though. [​IMG]

5. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

I have had 2 more malls in my team today. [​IMG]

6. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Quoting: ka7952I have had 2 more malls in my team today.

Congrats ka7952 [​IMG]
    The contest at the moment is bringing in 5 new members which then spend $50 in their malls.
    Contest ends in the new year if I am right?

Did we all read yesterdays update?Servers will be down for a few hours whilst they switch to a more robust one.
    Shouldn't bother all you guys in the US(unless you are an insomniac!),mainly effecting international members,I won't be able to log on until later .....

Monday 17th Dec.
    Family call-this is being named as the MOST important call in MPM history!
    Make sure you get in on that call!

From what I read in the update it has something to do with the co-ops or is linked somehow?
    Brad Gerver,director of marketing is saying its huge news.

7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I guess they are mailing the debit cards soon. Has anyone heard? I guess this is the only way we can get paid. They cost something like $12.50 to set up and something like $2.50 per commission/rebate upload to the card.

Does anyone know anything at all about these cards?

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

8. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldI guess they are mailing the debit cards soon. Has anyone heard? I guess this is the only way we can get paid. They cost something like $12.50 to set up and something like $2.50 per commission/rebate upload to the card.

Does anyone know anything at all about these cards?

From what I have read in our back office forum they are almost ready to go.
    From what I am gleaming off the forum and other members,Monday's call will answer and explain a lot of what is happening with everything including debit cards.
    I am SO ready for debit cards!!

Btw,the travel incentives/certificates aren't good for international members [​IMG]
    So Ginny is asking people for suggestions of other companies that can offer similar,if not better incentives on a global scale.

9. changemylife

changemylife New Member

Duckbird,

I absolutely love MPM! The concept and comp plan are BRILLANT! I have to give credit where credit is due! You asked the question; what is a downline if they are not purchasing? If have to ask, "Are there any women in your downline?"

If not, MISTAKE 1#...

Here is a stat for you: 60% of all online purchases are made by women (Per Interactive Resource). Get more women in your downline and watch your rebate checks explode.

10. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

What does everyone think about todays update from Ginny?
    It seems to confirm a way we can double dip.
    By buying a gift certificate through gift certificate.com on our malls and then using it to shop at drugstore.com through our mall.
    And this is only one merchant we can do it with!
    Restaurants,stores,grocery stores(Walmart etc)

11. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Double-dipping is where it's at. Let me know about the CCs when you find out (I'd appreciate it). I'd say double-dip all you can :)

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~

12. duckbird

duckbird New Member

It's been over a month since anyone has signed up under me. I guess its slow this time of year.

13. Soc_Coach

Soc_Coach New Member

You know.. I thought about joining my powermall, but for me it just wasn't a good fit. But for alot of people it is, something simple and easy to promote.

I think the way to grow a good strong line (for those who are having trouble recruiting), is to create a lead capture site, and get it SEO'd, I know I stress that alot, but Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the key to getting good high ranks, and then the other thing is to set up an Auto-Responder and create hot emails to send out. Buy good leads or create your own through google and SEO. Either way, working those two methods alone, can create a business boom for you, not overnight, but definitely over time.

Good Luck!

14. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

Now MPM has special promotion this month. Check on the incentive tab.

I think it will be easier to convince downline and team members to shop. It is easier to get people to sign up too.

You spend $50 and earn certificate for 3 days 2 nights hotel stay for two, spend $100 and earn certificate for 3 days 2 nights hotel for two adults and two kids, spend $150 and earn certificate for a cruise, spend $200 and earn a week condo stay!!

So if people wan to shop for Christmas, they will earn certificate that they can use for gift or pamper themselves. I am tempted to shop more.

Anyone ever uses the travel gift certificate? I know you have to pay nominal fee to redeem and some taxes. It sounds wonderful though.

15. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

I would have loved to use my certificates but they are limited to US use only [​IMG]
    Ginny did state in her update a couple of days ago she is on the lookout for a company that can offer the same,if not better,benefits to members globally.
    This board is a relief from the posts going on over at Wahm!
    Bit of a ruckus brewing again lol

16. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldDouble-dipping is where it's at. Let me know about the CCs when you find out (I'd appreciate it). I'd say double-dip all you can [​IMG]

I will for sure [​IMG]
    I am stalking back office and my inbox-yes its not healthy![​IMG]rofl

17. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

I am posting this just in case members haven't checked emails from admin a little earlier:

If you've tried to go into the Mall today or someone you know is having trouble signing up - I want to let you know we are aware we are having a Server problem. The website went down about 7:30 AM (PST). Our teams in the U.S. and internationally are working on it right now! I know this is a terrible time for the Servers to go down (is there ever a good time?) but we are working as hard as we can to get it resolved.

You can still access all the tools via your Toolbar: the Forum, Testimonials, E-cards, and all the Updates and Broadcasts because they run on a different server.

Thank you for your patience!

And this one in just a little while ago:

I know there are many of you out there frustrated right now that the Mall and Business Center websites are still down. It probably won't make you feel any better, but you're not nearly as frustrated as I am. [​IMG] We have identified the problem and we have our teams working on it as fast as they can but I can't give you a definite time expectation for when they will be back up - other than ASAP!

You can still access all the tools via your Toolbar: the Forum, Testimonials, E-cards, and all the Updates and Broadcasts because they run on a different server.

Thank you for your patience! And, if you can hang in there a little longer, wait to do your shopping until they are back up. It will be SOON!

I just wanted everyone to know why they can't get in the site at the moment.
    But the problem has been identified and we should be up very soon,fingers crossed.

18. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Server back up,it was last night.
    Newbies Shield,have you been over to Wahm lately?
    The MPM thread got locked.It got way out of hand over there,personal attacks on forum members-a no-no.
    A new thread has been started,but to say I am annoyed at the loss of 72 pages of info is putting it mild.

19. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

MPM is functioning OK again.

I checked my back office and found out I just had another 5 malls added to my team.

Keep working on it.

20. moneyforgreene

moneyforgreene New Member

Did anyone else listen to the MPM call tonight? Changes were supposed to go live this evening, but it's being delayed 'til Wed. morning.... all new members after that point (business malls) will be required to make ONE purchase in their mall per month, or their mall will be deactivated. This will end the problem of people signing up but not shopping. I say woohoo! I shop a lot on there, but it's discouraging to shop knowing people above me are going to make income off of me, and I'm not making anything b/c the people below me aren't shopping and/or not bringing in new people who shop either. So I'm excited about this! I think it will make it worth the effort if I actually see some income. All business mall members prior to Wed. morning are grandfathered in and aren't required to make the one purchase a month. Ginny said she couldn't legally make the current members shop or lose their malls, which is kind of a bummer. It would be nice to clear out all the dead wood and start fresh knowing new members are serious about making this work. I have 4 personal malls and 4 business malls under me and only ONE business mall is doing anything (and you know who you are, thanks!) The rest are even friends and family but I don't know what else to do to light a fire under them. So better that they just move on and I find people who want to shop and share. I think this is going to do positive things in the long run.

Anyway, that's my two cents. If you want to read more about it MPM has a special website all about it at [Link removed - Admin]