Microsoft Frontpage .............

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by shmeeko69, Jul 17, 2009.

1. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

I built my first website using Frontpage - I did'nt find it , It kind of found me. I was recommended to try Dreamweaver or NVU, but stumbled across it by accident & one of the top marketing guys in the UK uses it so ....... Within five weeks I had my first website up & running, with a little help from my partner & people have commented on it & says it looks fine, so thats good enough for me. I am very happy using Frontpage & find it's ease of use very helpful & would recommend it to anyone, especially to people just starting up. I always say keep things simple & don't complicate things for the sake of it !

Mark [​IMG]
  2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Mark,

I used FrontPage (FP) back in the 1990's. It worked okay but not "good".

It spews a lot of extra junk code. It has quite a few limitations. Pages load a bit slow.

You're much better off using NVU.

Better still is learning basic HTML and a little external CSS.

Furthermore, decent hosting accounts come with wizards and templates.

No need to pay for FP.

Glad you feel it's working out well for you though.

Keep in mind that you can switch to a template when ever you like.

In the 1990's I started with MS Publisher, moved up to MS FrontPage, then moved up to learning HTML and hand-coding my pages. Last, I learned CSS and I can't say enough good things about it.

By the way, it's also better to use WordPress (.org) than to use FP.

Bottom line = considering the other options, I'd recommend against using FP.

~Newbie Shield~
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I've heard good things about Frontpage, but I use NVU - it is starting to get a little out dated, but it works pretty good with most pre-built templates.
  4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

ya you get a better look with NVU or dreamweaver. plus it was so easy to use them. [​IMG].