Missing out on business from missing calls

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by smeexpert, Jul 13, 2009.

1. smeexpert

smeexpert New Member

I am a photographer and always on the road on assignment. This is my business and I work from home. Because I'm always on the road I miss a lot of phone calls that could be potential business. They go to voicemail and I sometimes don't get to messages for a few hours because of my postings.

Help!

How do I reduce the amount of calls I'm not taking and throwing business away?

2. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

This seems like a good problem. Don't reduce the amount of calls, however manage or develop a plan to entertain your customers in real time.

You may have to hire a receptionist or secretarty to help with this.

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Maybe get a cell phone that you will always have with you when someone calls...

4. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

How about call forwarding to your cell phone.
    Or
    Hire an assistant.

5. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

BobFirestone: Hire an assistant.
    I agree...But hire a reliable one.

6. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

i think hire an assistant is the best way to do..

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I say utilize your cell phone as much as you can - they are amazing little tools [​IMG]

8. smeexpert

smeexpert New Member

Thanks everyone for advice. I do have a reliable cell phone but I cannot get to these calls is my issue. I've researched further into answering service or equivalent and it all comes back to virtual reception providers or virtual office or the like.

Has anyone got any first hand experience with Virtual Reception or companies that provide this service. What about a Virtual Office, any good or bad?

9. rayj00

rayj00 New Member

So I'm confused. If they go to voicemail, don't you give them a callback? Or do they hangup when VM kicks in?

Ray

10. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Forward the call to your cell phone

11. Jim Gillum

Jim Gillum New Member

Have your message explain that you are on a shoot and will call back asap

12. chewyojn

chewyojn New Member

Try an answering serivce, or hire someone to work from home for you and have your calls sent there or forward them to your cell phone.