Mona Vie?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by dani_nae, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

I totally stay away from any juice or health program. The market is so saturated with them and people cringe when you try to sell them some overpriced juice where they must go on autoship.

People should focus on truly unique products or services that can be used even if an affiliate program wasnt attached to it. Find the niche for your market and then go after it.

My strategy is simple. I harvest information of present day mlm genealogy lists. I mass broadcast out to them via phone and email. I then drive them to a site where they opt in. I then have a live call center call them back to qualify them and edify me. I then call them up as they are eager and sign them up and get paid.

Repeat Wash and Rinse. Simple stuff. But stay away from the juices as a previous poster said it will make your head spin!

2. JHarris357

JHarris357 New Member

I have some friends of mine that are in Monavie and they seem to really love it. Me personally, I think because of the old school methods of recruiting that are taught, a person would have trouble building a decent sized downline.

Remember, just because your upline tells you to something doesn't mean it's going to work for you. I learned that it's better to offer your prospects some free info on the benefits of working with you and your team.

Most of the time people really don't care what the product does or even what it is. Let your prospects know that you have system in place that is going to help them to be successful and you will have an easier time getting people to join you.

3. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Mona Vie is a well-run company and they have experienced tremendous growth. The problem with most of these juice companies is the price of the juice. It's very difficult for the average person to maintain an extra $100-200 a month for a juice product...it's just going to be the first thing to go.

Good luck!

4. jeffohora

jeffohora New Member

Monavie- the offshoot of Monarch Health Sciences has proven to be a most successful venture for the company and for many of it's distributors as well. Whether or not that growth goes unabated in the months and years ahead remains to be seen.

Dallin Larsen, the principle founder is one of the most talented individuals in this industry. I worked with Dallin at Usana some years ago, when he was the VP of marketing. Frankly it was Dallin's talent and leadership skills that put Usana on the map and the road to success that they continue to enjoy today. He's really top notch in every respect.

The one big issue I see not just with Monavie, but with all of the juice mlm's out there is the saturation point- the point at which the product is no longer viable in terms of it's usp, it's "unique selling proposition". The Monavie product is now for all intents and purpose readily available in the better quality health food stores for about half the distributor price or close to that. We've seen this with all of Monavie's predecessors. Most of those companies are seeing an exodus of their top leaders to new opportunities.

That said, Monavie will continue to grow and prosper as they "woo" successful netWORK marketers- those individuals around the globe, who have large organizations they can bring along into the company. And there's a whole world out there yet untapped. Look at Amway! Even they continue to grow despite the history.

There is however one overriding concern that plagues not just Monavie, but just about every other serious, product based mlm out there and that's the issue of "autoship break even". And this is an issue that nearly everyone joining the ranks of network marketing/mlm fails to consider- or in the case of a novice to the industry doesn't even know to think of and that is, "How many people on autoship do I need in order to cover MY autoship?".

This is a particular issue with and the achilles heel of the binary compensation plan. It applies to others as well, but is especially so with the binary. (I like the binary in its more contemporary forms)

Typically, people join a network marketing company for the opportunity to earn an income. And they do because they NEED money and they need money because they don't have enough already or at best, they are looking to the future and want to leave an employment situation and gain self control of their future and financial destiny. Either way, there is a limit to their financial resources and there comes a "tipping point"- the point at which they can no longer sustain paying for an autoship- typically in the $100+ range, often $130.00 - $150.00 bucks a month and irrespective of whether or not they like/love the products, they just can't keep doing it.

Frustration sets in. They've sponsored a half dozen or so people some of whom maybe sponsored a few, some not and months have gone by and they are not even breaking even on their autoship much less showing a profit. They drift. Then they quit- joining the ranks of the other 82-95% disillusioned networkers.

There are many facets to consider when evaluating a network marketing opportunity, many of which have been commented on already here. Personally, I believe based on my years of experience that management is chief among them. Certainly you need to have a great product that is reasonably priced and preferably not readily available in the marketplace or if it is at least be competitively priced against it. I guarantee you though that "competitively" is not spread of 50-100% higher than available at an upscale, quality health food store if you're talking nutrition/health and wellness products.

In the case of Monavie, it will take you upwards of 30 people or so ... maybe more just to break even on your autoship, as it will for almost every binary comp plan mlm out there. (Forget about the matching bonus in the equation. That really isn't a meaningful factor in terms of covering your autoship as it really relates to successful distributors earning on the binary portion of the comp plan.)

Surprisingly to some, compensation plan is not nor should it be the #1 consideration on the list. In fact it's probably a close third in the equation. Don't get all caught up in the razzle-dazzle of the comp plan. It's important, very important, but it's not the deal breaker in your decision making process. What you definitely need to look at is how many people will you need to sponsor on autoship to cover the cost of your autoship.

One last comment here as it relates not just to Monavie, but other nutritional mlm's as well. Some will say forget about nutritional mlm's- the market is saturated. Yes, there are a lot of nutritional mlm's out there. And for good reason too. A solid nutritional mlm, especially one with a good weight loss/management program will always, always be viable irrespective of what the economy looks like. Health is an overriding concern for hundreds of million Americans, let alone the world.

Nutritional mlm's typically produce an above average product as compared with off-the-shelf product lines (They need to because they need to make an impact that will spark "word-of-mouth" advertising and promotion.), that can get away with mediocrity and survive and even prosper on fair to average products given the poor state of nutrition in the average American diet as well as the "placebo effect". It that works for them.

This is a wonderful industry to be a part of. The personal growth alone that most people experience as a result of their association with it has great value in and of itself. Find a company with a product/service you yourself can relate to. Do your due diligence. Take care to evaluate the company, it's ownership, leadership-management, product line(s) and comp plan. If you're comfortable with all of that, then make a commitment and go for it!

Best of success to you!

Jeff

5. Jasonshick

Jasonshick New Member

dani_nae,
    I have been a distributor with Monavie for 3-4 years. The product is great and the compensation plan is great. There are a lot of companies with both great products and great comp. plans. The question you must ask yourself after you narrow it down to a company you like with a management team and leaders you connect with is, how serious are you? Are you ready to dabble in network marketing or are you going to establish yourself as a leader? This industry is about leadership and commitment. If you just want to dabble, save your hard earned cash and put it in a good IRA. But if you're willing to grow to your potential, put in hours without immediate gratification, and take your eyes off of you to truly focus on helping somebody else get from where they are to where they want to be... then you're in the right industry. You just need to find a company and person you connect with. Remember, success shows up when you make a true committment to the journey.

Good luck and God Bless!
    Jason Shick

6. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Mona Vie, Noni, Goji, Xango, Frequensea, Mandura, etc., etc. Pick your poison (no pun), these business have proven themselves successful with their great product, the problem is none have been effective in stopping the 95% failure rate of those that join for the purpose of making money, which is why 95% join.

Saturation is not an issue, to any large degree, as much as the businesses themselves. To maxout the comp-plan in many of those nutritional/juice opportunities, you need to spend an average of $100-$200 a month. While that is a lot of juice, it does nothing to build and grow your business.

To build and grow your business you need a marketing plan and budget, and most don't get that, and or they can't commit to it because their money is being sucked up in monthly autoship for a bunch of juice they are trying to justify drinking daily to make them feel good about the hope of achieving financial freedom with the business.

I can go on and on, but there are better solutions to making good money from home that doesn't involve starting with a juice/nutritional business opportunity. Very often they are just not the ideal business for people to start with no matter how good the company or product is.

If you like the product buy it, but much more consideration should go into deciding to do that type of business then just liking the sweet taste.

7. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

FreeCashMan: you need to spend an average of $100-$200 a month. While that is a lot of juice, it does nothing to build and grow your business.
    This is the big mistake people make with the nutritional companies. They buy a lot every month and let it pile up in their garage instead of using it as a tool to build their business.
    There are three reasons for a monthly autoship
    1. Personal consumption
    2. Sampling
    3. Retailing
    If you are sampling and/or selling the bottles in your autoship it is going to build and grow your business. The more people you give the product to the more likely they are to want to buy it.

8. granny

granny New Member

We have several associates that have joined our company from Mona Vie. I don't think any of them were unhappy with the product or the company. When asked why they changed, most of them simply like our product better and find they can earn a good income quicker.

I think if you love the product your company has, then it makes sense to investigate getting more involved. With network marketing, having a product that you truly love and has made a difference in your life is a huge asset!

Good luck to you!

9. JenAsma

JenAsma New Member

Network Marketing is not a sales business. It is a teaching a mentoring business. I believe people join people, so study them work with them and help them reach success. Build your people and they will build your business. Retention rates in most MLM's is under 10%. Do not be a recruiter...be a sponser.

I believe the next Mona Vie will be Xowii Energy Drink. MLM 500 has predicted it will be tied in Number ONE spot. This is easily a 10 billion dollar market, and the pruct is a healthy energy drink. It was launched only a few weeks ago so it is a chance to get in at the start.

Jen

[Link removed - Admin]

10. ellyonline

ellyonline New Member

My favourite nutritional company is GNLD. Golden Neo Life Diamite. But i recently read Raven Starre a Black Diamond Director with MovaVie walked away from a yearly residue income of $700,000 per year last year. For me, true success in network marketing comes from YOU. When YOU know your WHY. Raven is a good example and is the reason why she can switch companies and still make it in MLM. The reason is she is focused on her WHY. Her mindset is huge. Find your WHY now and you can be the next Raven Starre!

If Raven can do it WHY not YOU.

Daisy

11. ZriiProsper

ZriiProsper New Member

FreeCashMan: Mona Vie, Noni, Goji, Xango, Frequensea, Mandura, etc., etc. Pick your poison (no pun), these business have proven themselves successful with their great product, the problem is none have been effective in stopping the 95% failure rate of those that join for the purpose of making money, which is why 95% join.

Don't assign that failure rate to my juice company, Zrii. When new distributors can make $15,000 in their first month, they have incentive to keep going and at that point spending a $100 a month on product isn't a problem. Members of our Zrii Team are making $5-15,000 in their initial months due to the great bonus structure only available to newbies.

People quit when they're not making money, but when someone has a monster first check, they show it around to others who also sign up and get a monster first check and the whole thing just multiplies. I finally found a company that sees the big picture isn't all about passive income at the back end, but giving newbies money up front to keep them interested over the long haul.

12. NathanZ

NathanZ New Member

MonaVie is a great company, from everything I can see. People love their product, I personally know people that have experience serious health benefits with it. The management team is solid and they have top notch field leadership as well.

If you love the product, don't mind the price, and are willing to work your butt off, you can do well. If this is your first network marketing venture, it's better to go with an established company like MonaVie because all the training is set up and you can find an upline mentor who will help you play to your strengths.

Good luck!

Nathan Z

13. drunyan

drunyan New Member

I have been with Mona Vie since November and would not be without my juice. I feel so much better drinking it than I did before. I have had several medical problems get better and my husband's cholesterol when from 234 to 191 from November to February while drinking Mona Vie Pulse. Mona Vie is an excellent product and I would challenge the person who said there was cancer causing ingredients in Mona Vie to produce a ligitimate report of proof. If you are looking to get rich fast with Mona Vie you need to study some marketing techniques, as I have found their system rather slow as far as recruiting distributors, but I have recruited and I have made some money with Mona Vie. I feel getting the word out is the best thing to do for my business. Good luck in your endevours.

Diane

14. drunyan

drunyan New Member

Mona Vie is a great product. I have been on it since November. I have seen a great improvement in my energy and skin. My husband has been drinking the Pulse formula and dropped his cholesteroil from 234 to 191 from November to February. Now Mona Vie has a formula called M(mun) pronounced immune, which has been proven to boost the immune system tremendously. I am manking money with Mona Vie, although it is slow starting out, and the holiday time was slow. I am looking to a big growth spurt now that the holidays are over and I am getting more into marketing instead of selling. Good luck to you in your indeavor.

15. swellduck7

swellduck7 New Member

rcaman
    Where did you find Monavie uses preservatives that cause cancer? Please, I have been drinking this for two years!

16. swellduck7

swellduck7 New Member

GaryCameron
    Just the opposite, Amway requires a six month time out from prospective distributors. Upon registration with Monavie, one must sign a "non-Amway" form, but it is for the interest of Amway. I was with Amway, and am currently with TEAM Monavie. I personally know some folks from the lawsuit, so, as you say re: " pretty serious allegation", it's true. Check your sources!