Most profitable skill to learn in order to make a good living online

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by DR11, Apr 2, 2015.

1. DR11

DR11 New Member

Hello guys,

I'm new here and found this forum very interesting.

I don't have any online experience yet, but I am open minded and willing to learn anything what it takes to make money online. What skills can I learn to make money online? Can you please advise?:)

I mean real skills where I could create something and sell, or do some kind of jobs.

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

One of the most valuable skills to learn is SEO/SMM.
    You can use it for your own sales or hire yourself out.
    Lots of businesses need someone to do it for them.
    Doesn't matter if you are self taught or get a degree.
    There are free courses and schools that teach SEO.
    Easy to master with practice and in high demand.

But first look at what skills you already have to offer.
    So many ways to capitalize on what you know.
    SEO is just a way to market those skills.

Vishal P. Rao and payment proof like this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Great suggestions Just2EZ. SEO/SMM are great skills to have.

An important virtue I think, is a strong work ethic. Like anything else, making money online takes some work and effort. You have to be dedicated. :)

Just2EZ likes this.
  4. DR11

DR11 New Member

Thank you guys a lot. I am definetely going to check SEO/SMM out and study

payment proof likes this.
  5. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

That is a great attitude DR11. You will find a lot of reading, and SEO seems to change quite a bit when it comes to all of the algorithm updates (Google especially). Some things remain the same though, like good content and creating relevant backlinks to your site.

SMM (Social Media Marketing) is also a great way to get traffic.

Sam2476 and Just2EZ like this.
  6. Sam2476

Sam2476 New Member

+1 for SEO/SMM
    I'm only learning my self but there is plenty of free information out there you just need to have a bit of a look around.

7. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

8. DR11

DR11 New Member

I can't thank you enough guys, I did a bit of reading and I found all this stuff interesting to me. Thank you!!

9. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Well, actually in my opinion, every skill you have can be profitable if you know how to make it profitable. Having a certain amount of SEO knowledge is certainly a plus, like mentioned here, but you don't have to limit yourself to only that.

10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

The best skill you can learn when it comes to internet marketing is how to market online and still earn a profit every time you do so.

When you know how to market online, you will do really well for years to come.

11. whisper

whisper New Member

Hi,

There are several skills you will need to learn to actually make money online.
    The key thing is know how these various skills tie up to one another. For a start, you need to learn about Internet Marketing. The extent to which you will make money online is dependent on how well you hjave understood how internet marketing works and knowing how to apply it to what you do online. IM (internet marketing) entails a whole lot of aspects intertwined together, ranging from list building, email marketing, content creation, SEO as so on. Learning how IM works will be your greatest tool.

12. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Exactly! It's important to keep up with the latest trends, especially if you're working in the area of internet marketing. SEO tricks and methods are changing almost daily now, and if you want to be successful in that area, you have to be well informed.

SkipTheDrive likes this.
  13. DR11

DR11 New Member

Ok guys... Now I'm a bit confused :) It's quite hard for a newbie to begin with something. I started to get a grasp how SEO, now I see that I should start with IM.

Maybe there is some kind of courses on IM? Or maybe someone from you provides coaching?

I'm really sick of my job, I want to start working on my own terms!!!

14. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

You can find a lot of online resources and tutorials, but keep in mind that internet marketing is a really wide margin and it takes time to master all the stuff.