MPM debit cards

Discussion in 'My Powermall' started by miggy12, Dec 29, 2007.

1. miggy12

miggy12 New Member

Can anyone please explain how the debit card works on MPM. I thought there wasn't any type of investment involved?

Any info would be appreciated.

TIA and have a Happy New Year!

2. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Hi Lucia,
    The debit cards are a new addition to MPM which does incur a small fee.
    A onetime initial fee of $14.50 (this covers distribution,setup costs,basically to the company who is supplying them)
    The company who is providing these are Gtekks,who are on our mall.
    There is also a re-load fee of $2.50,of which the majority,if not whole of that sum will go back into your payplan for yourself and your team.
    The debit cards will be available to use online on your mall and offline at the many affliated stores and businesses.
    When the Local Merchants Program rolls out ,scheduled Feb '08,you will be able to load up your card and use at all grocery stores,stores,gas stations etc who are in the Local Merchant Program.

I have copied the following from the back office to give you a clear and detailed picture :

My Power Mall has chosen to provide a Debit Card for all our members for five reasons:
    1. A Debit Card is the best solution for paying all our members.
    2. A Debit Card allows our members without credit cards or bank accounts to shop online.
    3. A Debit Card is the key to our Local Merchant Program ??“ allowing you to make purchases from thousands of local merchants with your MPM Debit Card and receive rebates.
    4. The purchase of a Debit Card will put $$'s into the Rebate Payment Plan ??“ providing another source of income. Check out the income potential by using the calculator we have provided for this purpose: http://www.mypowermall.net/calculator.aspx. Make sure you click on the Debit Card Calculator.
    5. The minimal fees associated with the Debit Card will provide yet another source of income.

Let's look at some key points you'll want to know:
    We will be able to pay people anywhere in the world.
    You may either purchase a MPM Debit Card immediately, or wait until you have generated enough income to receive your first commissions on them.
    Though you will pay $14.50** for your initial Debit Card, it will only cost $2.50 each month thereafter to load it with your commissions. That may seem like a lot when you're looking at your beginning smaller commissions but as your commissions grow it will be very tiny. When we're paying you thousands of dollars, will you really care that the people handling our cards will make $2.50? [​IMG]

** The $14.50 charge includes shipping & handling in the United States, but our International members will have to pay extra for delivery to their country.
    When you get your card you will have a link to a website where you will be able to manage your card.
    Once you have your Debit card you will be able to load it via Direct Deposit for FREE, and use it to make purchases online or through the Local Merchant program as soon as it is launched.
    The Debit Card will allow the millions of "unbanked" people in the world to have access to funds, make online purchases, and buy through the Local Merchant program.
    The very competitive rates on Debit Card fees will be "commissionable" through your 9 tier rebate system. There will only be fees associated if you are using it as a Debit Card (ie. getting cash back from a purchase, getting cash from an ATM, card-to-card transfers, etc.)
    Many people don't know you can use a Debit Card as a Credit Card. If you are making a purchase either online or locally, you have the choice to run it as a Credit Card. When you run it as a Credit Card there is absolutely no charge for its use.
    As we move into the Local Merchant Program your MPM Debit Card will be coded to give you rebates at the point of purchase for groceries, gas stations, restaurants, dry cleaners, service people, etc. in your Local Area - exploding its potential to create income for you!

I hope that explains things Lucia [​IMG]

Kara

3. miggy12

miggy12 New Member

Hi Kara!!

Thank you sooo much for your informative reply. You don't know how very grateful we are reading what you sent us. But there is one question I do have and hopefully the last (lol) and hope you don't mind my asking. Say we don't make anything in one given month. Do they still charge you and if not, do they wait til you do and then charge you for the month that you finally start making money and for the ones prior that you don't. And let me see if I got this right, if I go to say HEB to grocery shop and it's one of our merchants. I then use the card as a credit card, I don't get feed. But if I use it as a debit card to get some money back on top of paying for my groceries, I get feed. Is that right?

I'm really excited about this opportunity.

Once again, thanks so much for all your help.

Lucia

4. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

Check the MPM mall and click on Debit card store. It explains terms and conditions.

Hope this helps.

KA

5. miggy12

miggy12 New Member

Hi KA!

It still doen't show anything. It says that information is coming soon. But thanks for the post anyway.

Lucia

6. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

Lucia,

When I looked at the first page on the mall, it showed the shop to buy the debit card. They have terms and conditions explanation there.

7. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Quoting: miggy12 Kara!!

Thank you sooo much for your informative reply. You don't know how very grateful we are reading what you sent us. But there is one question I do have and hopefully the last (lol) and hope you don't mind my asking. Say we don't make anything in one given month. Do they still charge you and if not, do they wait til you do and then charge you for the month that you finally start making money and for the ones prior that you don't. And let me see if I got this right, if I go to say HEB to grocery shop and it's one of our merchants. I then use the card as a credit card, I don't get feed. But if I use it as a debit card to get some money back on top of paying for my groceries, I get feed. Is that right?

I'm really excited about this opportunity.

Once again, thanks so much for all your help.

Lucia

Hi Lucia ,no problem [​IMG]
    From what I can gather about it if you DO run your debit card as a credit card then there is NO fee.
    And also if there is NO funds on your card then you get no fee.
    I also think the monthly maintenance comes into play on a certain day of the month,therefore meaning if you clear any funds on your card into your bank account etc then you avoid the $4.50 fee.
    Don't set that in stone though,its what I am gleaming from studying back office and the forum.
    I will post back any other results or if I am incorrect on some facts [​IMG]
    Hth,

Kara

8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Good thread...a founder told me once again that the debit card is the only way to get paid from MPM. I don't entirely trust her opinion but she's insisted twice.

Do you know HOW we can continue to get paid by check?

Thanx!

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

9. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

From what I have read debit card will be only way to receive payment.
    If members are International based ,until debit cards are ready for them ,they will receive all commissions via paypal/check.
    I think they are pressing heavily on the debit card as it will come into play a lot for local merchants,part of re-load back into payplan etc.
    As I am not in the US I don't have one yet.
    Feeling seems to be divided on the subject of having debit cards as the only means of payment.
    But look at it like this;if you have a downline of a couple of thousand ,would you want all your team using their cards to full advantage?
    Some of the fees already exist with my current banking facilities,atm withdrawals,service charges etc.Oh ,the banks sure love to rack up those fees where they can [​IMG]

10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: cybermommy...Feeling seems to be divided on the subject of having debit cards as the only means of payment.
    But look at it like this;if you have a downline of a couple of thousand ,would you want all your team using their cards to full advantage?
    Some of the fees already exist with my current banking facilities,atm withdrawals,service charges etc.Oh ,the banks sure love to rack up those fees where they can

Good points CyberMommy and thanx [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

11. miggy12

miggy12 New Member

Has anyone looked into Big Crumbs.com?

Just a thought.

12. jschuman

jschuman New Member

I think the debit card is a great addition to My Power Mall. When you consider over 25% of the people in the USA do not have a checking account this opens up a great market for them right there.

13. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

I can't wait to see the Debit Card at work. I imagine now if I gets commission back every time I use it at McDonald, grocery, gas stations, etc.

Can you picture the potential? It will be a lot easier to promote MPM.

14. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

I am also assumming that this will be when the infomercials will be primed to roll out.
    It makes far more sense to do it that way.
    There are many many people who have yet to properly venture online and promoting the Local Merchants alongside online shopping will appear very attractive to a greater percentage of people.
    Set to be ready Feburary the Local Merchants,if I am correct?

15. timflowers

timflowers New Member

I'm not a member of MPM, but they're being dishonest by saying that direct deposit is free, but the debit card company charges $2.50 for commission loads from MPM. Commission payments are direct deposit, so they should be free.

Also, you can get prepaid debit cards from other sources for a lot less than $14.95. And cash back transactions are normally free.

And why are they forcing distributors to accept payment via their choice of debit card? If they can load that card with funds, they can also direct deposit the funds to the bank account or debit card of your choice.

What MPM is saying just doesn't add up.

16. dreamwalker

dreamwalker New Member

I'm not a member of MPM either, but my business group pays by debit card too. It has a lot of great benefits for both the business group and the member vs getting paid by check.

Once you've received the debit card, it can be used just like any other credit/debit card for purchases, bill paying etc. You can take it to the bank and withdraw money (for a small fee) and it doesn't require the member to have a bank account. The money is available immediately - no waiting for the check to arrive, or get lost etc. It really is a very efficient way to get paid, with very few drawbacks.

For the business group it's a cost saver. Checks get lost in the mail, the tracking and accounting of checks gets expensive and the process for replacing them can be frustrating for everyone involved. Plus, credit cards are accepted more universally than checks. Try cashing a check written on an American bank in Ughanda. We have affiliates all over the world. And electronic banking is used extensively in the US, but is nearly an impossibility for many countries. Plus, many people don't want this income going into a bank account or may not have or want one.

Yes, the group could have multiple ways of paying people, but why add even more headaches? Keep it simple, keep it inexpensive and pass the profits on to the members.

And of course, just like any other company, we explain right up front that this is how you will get paid. If you don't like it, it's simple, don't join. Most people really like it. But of course, you can't make everyone happy.[​IMG]